A/C Panel Lamps

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Scanman88GT

A/C Panel Lamps

Post by Scanman88GT »

I did a search and came up empty-handed on this. I've got a few  burned-out bulbs out behind my A/C Heater Control panel in my 88GT.

Can anyone tell me what the part # is for these bulbs? Are they available at auto parts places or dealer only? I could probably snag some from the junkyard, but it's been raining lately and I'm sure the junkyard is one muddy mess right now.

Thanks,
Scanman88GT

acemccool

A/C Panel Lamps

Post by acemccool »

I could certainly be wrong but I want to say 186 size bulbs. They are similar in shape as the side marker turn signal ones but smaller.  I would just take one out and bring it with you to the parts store and compare with the ones on the rack.

Dont drink and drive, you may hurt your beretta or even worse, 2 beretta's. Have you hugged your quad today?
1990 Chevy Beretta GT 313,018km - Waiting for a 2nd life
1990 Chevy Beretta GTZ 260,008km - Crushed
Winner of Best of Beretta Fest 2006
Bman Gtz

A/C Panel Lamps

Post by Bman Gtz »

Either that, or just change them to led's, that's what I did with clear cavy knobs, looks great.

BMAN

BMAN

Scanman88GT

A/C Panel Lamps

Post by Scanman88GT »

I called my local GM dealer to see if he could give me a part # on them. He said that the bulbs were a # PC74. They're mounted in one of those bases that you push in, then turn 1/4 turn to lock.

I had thought that the bulbs were a part of the socket assembly and that you couldn't seperate the two. I also wasn't sure how many bulbs were behind there.

As it turns out, a plain old Wagner # 74 will work. These bulbs have the wedge-shaped bases and kind of snap into the sockets, similar to how the side marker bulbs fit into their sockets, only much smaller.

I had a couple of extras that I had snagged from the junkyard sitting in a container of miscellaneous hardware that I also scavenged over the years. Problem solved.