Valve Cover Removal Issues

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
kcbosch

Post by kcbosch »

I went to replace my valve cover gasket today, and I found I had some trouble removing the valve cover.  There's a bar that goes directly across the front of it that is preventing me from taking the valve cover off.

I'm not sure what this is, and I don't want to force it.  All the threads I've come across say that this should be easy.  Anyone have any ideas?  I only need an inch more of space  

[edit]
Arg, sorry... This is on a 1995 Beretta, 3100

94beretta

Post by 94beretta »

the black pipe that runs across the valve cover from the water pump to a heater core hose,i see in the pic you have removed the bolt from the water pump inlet and the dipstick bolt, follow that pipe around the driverside of the engine it is also bolted to the  rear head (under Throttle body) after you remove that twist and pull the part in the water pump housing,youll need to replace the O-ring on that part and refilll the coolant, be sure to have a drip pan under there and some wrags

that pipe can be real stuborn ,make sure you got all of the bolts out and twist,pry,and pull that B##ch

1994 Beretta
1988 Cutlass Supreme Classic 5.0
1990 Beretta (T-boned)
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Make sure the o-ring in the vertical pipe (where the pipe connects to the water pump) is good before you put it back in... or just replace it.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions