My official questions thread

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

So as i keep on spamming making threads here and there with my endless beretta issues lol, i decided to make this thread for my questions :p(hope is ok with the rules )

So here we go:

1. My driver side door lock doesn't lock or unlock correctly with my alarm or pressing the button on my door. So i have to manually open it. Today i removed the complete mechanism, cleaned it up, removed old grease to put new one, "flooded" it with wd40 and the i put in the new grease and put it back together. My problem is exactly the one shown in this youtube video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMplFf_l44
The actuator is new i just replaced it hoping that would fix my problem but no luck.

2. I need a passenger side rear quarter glass(mine got broken by a rock) are all models compatible in this part if i buy it? Does it need to come with the frame or can it be separated?

3. I want foglight/turn signal split type of newer models i have an 88 gt so is there anything special i need to make it work? I don't want to buy fog lights and all that blindly

Thats all for now guys
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1988 Beretta GT 2.8L V6 - Yeah my Retta is a year older than me! :)
Work in Progress
Rettax3

Re: My official questions thread

Post by Rettax3 »

On the quarter-window glass, yes, they are all the same for all years of Beretta, so long as you get the correct side. They can be separated from the 'frame' (molding trim), just be very careful doing it as it is all stuck together and the trim bends very easily.

The cars that came with the turn/marker and fog lights were GTZs and Z-26s. They have different front and rear bumper-covers, called a Z04 body, along with ground effects. It is possible to make the Z04 lights fit into a base/GT/etc Beretta, but you will be having to make some modifications for them I believe -they will not just bolt in. You also do not have any wiring to run them, so you will have to put that in as well. It would look really good though, and should be worth the time. I am putting those squat little headlights, as used in some of the Oldsmobile Cutlass Supremes and early fourth-gen Camaros, in place of the turn-signal lights on my V-8 Teal Indy, with turn-signals mounted up high in a Z-34 solid grill. I might retro-fit a set of those lights into my '90 Turbo 'Retta as well, since the oversized FMIC I put in that car prevent me from using regular Beretta headlights, but I actually have really good lighting from the modified Fiero headlights and driving lights I have on that car already, so I'll wait to see how I like them on the Indy first.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

thanks rettax3! im getting the new quarter glass ASAP :D . regarding the actuator for the door locks i managed to fix it (you can never use too much WD40 lol)

about the lights, wiring and the mods are not a problem for me, i just wanted to know cause i see a lot of you guys doing that mod but replacing the WHOLE bumper assy for the z04 bumpers and side skirts never saw those fogs/turn signals on the GT/Base bumpers. im working to get a z04 kit but i wanted to know, in case i cant get it if i could put the GTZ/Z26 on my GT bumper, thanks for your clarification.

on other news im taking the engine out tomorrow for proper cleaning/painting of the engine as well as the firewall and fixing my firewall leaks.. so a LOT of questions will arise there lol.

Work in Progress
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

New question, My speedo is off for about 20 Mph, could it be the new ECM/PROM? (wheels are not the problem)

Work in Progress
keiffith

Post by keiffith »

zcylex wrote:New question, My speedo is off for about 20 Mph, could it be the new ECM/PROM? (wheels are not the problem)
its likely your speedo gear in the transmission is broken. pretty easy fix.

92 3.1 manual base 190k Daily
93 3.1 auto base 275k RIP 'Joan'
73 Yamaha RD250 moth balled

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

Will look into that then thanks!

Work in Progress
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

Bump! New question, why does my trunk act like a catapult when i open it? Is there something i can do to make it open slowly or at least to stop it from opening that fast?

On a side note, its funny to see things that it forget on top of it, just flying away from being catapulted lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Work in Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Are you lacking a spoiler? The lift spring can be adjusted, there are three holes and typically it needs to be set for the strongest setting when there is a spoiler on the lid, it will just pop up with it set like that, will not open all the way. If you remove the spoiler it's like a catapult... Geoff did a spoiler less lid and we had to change the bars to the lowest setting and it still popped up fast... with no spoiler you can't get it to just pop, it opens all the way.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

Well i have my spoiler but its not installed yet so i suppose that when i install it will fix it. Thanks 3x00

Work in Progress
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

New question! How do you guys unplug the wiring harness from the firewall? Should i just start dremeling(lol new word right there) that sealant thing till i can get it loose?

Work in Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

break up the sealant and there is a screw that holds it together in the center.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

We need a thanks button to avoid posts like this lol, anyways thanks 3x00.

Now for another question(it is my question thread after all :)) if i can't get a z04 kit, can the fog lights/turn signals be mounted on my gt bumper with out looking ridiculous lol?

Edit:
Btw do i need the metal frame for the z04 kit or can it just be the "plastic" cover and just fit it on my gt(im thinking it would be easier to get someone to ship it to me that way)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Work in Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Just need the urethane cover... the metal bumpers are all the same and have the holes for mounting the fogs and single opening blinker lights. Only issue for using a base bumper is they don't line up quite right so it would look a bit odd with the GT cover on it.

I only swapped the cover on my Base when I Z04'd it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

well mine is a GT, so it would look odd then? i can live with that... i am 2 axles away from removing my 2.8 to change gaskets clean up, seal water leaks, etc etc.. (i just can't find here the stupid 30mm sockets that are long enough lol) i will most likely do most of my engine mods while its down. i also have the new TCC solenoid ready to be replaced. and i intend to fix my ac well the list goes on and on lol

on another note i found what seems to be the screw for my harness after i removed some of the sealant from it, the problem is i only see the threads like it doesnt have a head LOL once i get out of work ill have a better look at it...(saw the same screw on a cavi and it have the head so it confused me hehe)

Work in Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Base, GT it's the same bumper. The lights won't line up 100% and it may look a little odd... It's personal preference on if you don't like the look though.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"