dash swap questions

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
CorvetteBeretta

dash swap questions

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

Sup ya'll I have a quick dash swap question.... I have an 88 gtz with digital dash I just picked up a full 94 interior will it be a problem to swap to analog????

Also can I use the 94 steering column I do have the key

I got MINT driver and passenger window trim too no cracks!!! and dash has no bubbles I will post pics on sunday

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: dash swap questions

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have no idea if the 88 sensors, or ECU will even work with the 94 cluster. Completely different engine and completely different ECU... I mean it's going to take quite a bit of re-pinning the dash harness seeing how the plugs are completely different but I don't even know if there are the proper wires at the cluster to run an analog dash on the digi-cars... I haven't taken an older analog dash out to see what runs it, or if it shares the same plugs as the digi. I know the digi is controlled by the ECU itself though.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
CorvetteBeretta

Well this blows... It took me forever to find this interior. I guess I will have to try and modd my cluster in to the newer dash or something F*%K!! My interior is completely destroyed from sitting I'm assuming everything else should work I know for the doors u have to re rivet a mount if IIRC

anyone happen to have a cluster wiring diagram for the 88gzt digi?? I have the 94 one already if I can get both then I can see how similar they are.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

There was someone on here, or B-Stuff, a long while back that actually managed to swap a digital cluster into a '91+ dash.

I can't remember for the life of me a name or handle, but I do remember it was pretty neat.

It would take some imagination, however looking at your car it seems you are at least willing to try.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
CorvetteBeretta

I'm sure I can find some type of gm digi cluster I can fab in there or use mine but mine is f'd up you can barely read it only the speedometer is clear everything else is unclear . I have it pulled apart to clean and check connections but haven't put it back together to see if its better yet. Why oh why lord do I have the damn bastard dash!!!