Headlights stuck on

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
aprlgrmnz

Headlights stuck on

Post by aprlgrmnz »

My name is April, I recently purchased a 94 Beretta z26. The other day I went outside to start the vehicle and noticed the battery was dead. After jumping the Beretta I found the problem: My dash light shows that the headlights are on, which in fact was correct, my headlights were on. The issue is that the turn knob(for headlights) to the left of the steering wheel says the headlights are off.

Here is where I am asking for anyone who has knowledgeable information to please assist:

1) Is there a fuse for headlights on the z26 Beretta? If so can i just pull this each time I shut the car off to prevent battery from dying for now?

2) I have a toggle switch, can I hook this up somehow to turn the lights on and off? I know if there is a fuse I can hook the toggle up through that but still could use some information.

ifixalot

Re: Headlights stuck on

Post by ifixalot »

On my 96, which may or may not be the same.
From the service manual:
Fuse number 4, 10 amp, Headlights, daytime running lights, multiport injection, starter and charging.
Fuse number 7, 20 amp, Exterior lights, Headlights, daytime running lights.
Maybe your column switch to click on your highbeams is out of whack.
That is the one you pull back on the turn signal stalk.
The one you pull back to flash your lights? Maybe it's stuck?

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Take apart the switch on the dash and check to see if there is something that could be an easy fix. Other than that I'd hit the junkyard for another switch.

keep'em flying!
aprlgrmnz

Post by aprlgrmnz »

Thank you "ifixalot". Unfortunately I decided to try and pull each fuse individualy, only to find that none of them ran to the headlights.
The column switch. . .Yes I am pretty sure this is where the problem lies. Now that I know the lights are not on a fuse, anyone know where I could locate the relay?

Thank you all for your replys