3400 swap is calling me.......

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Money pit Beretta

Re: 3400 swap is calling me.......

Post by Money pit Beretta »

3X00-Modified wrote:This is true. I didn't realize it was Alex selling the bracket. He should know that stuff he has listed has a better chance selling here than over there seeing how it's all beretta specific.
Not many Beretta owners over there and most of them have newer cars.

keep'em flying!
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

@3x00, I wouldn't advise someone to just throw NOx at any engine that is not tuned for it. I know the cast pistons can handle 9-10psi of boost or mild nitrous, but a proper tune makes them last much longer.

I like the idea of the high compression 3400 though, I saw Bob442's on 60degreev6, that thing sounded great with those special headers. DO IT.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I never suggested to do it without a tune... I was noting that the need for forged pistons isn't as great or necessary as many believe if you do in fact have a good tune in place.

On a side note tho, I was running a 100 shot on a OBDI.5 setup for a few years and never had issues... It was only late onto my modding of my red car and the pink car that I started to have DHP and OBDII and that I've spent a bit of time on the tune.

Honestly I went and bought forged pistons for my Legacy because I planned on running 19lbs, stock is 13 with non forged pistons. But I somewhat regret that decision... The extra piston to wall clearance makes for excess piston slap in that engine. Granted Tylers engine that has forged pistons isn't noisy, probably due to the configuration of the V vs the flat 4, but I have read that forged is not the best solution if it is a regularly driven vehicle since that extra clearance can result in increased wear.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hyperenutectic is the best for that.

keep'em flying!
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

The issue with the 2.8/3.1 is all in the heads and intake. You will never make more than a few extra hp on a 2.8/3.1 without replacing the intake manifold or going boost/n2o. I would do a 3400 swap or at least do a 3X00 top end on the 3.l

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

wicked-irocz wrote:The issue with the 2.8/3.1 is all in the heads and intake. You will never make more than a few extra hp on a 2.8/3.1 without replacing the intake manifold or going boost/n2o. I would do a 3400 swap or at least do a 3X00 top end on the 3.l
Can I use my roller rockers from my 2.8 also what pushrods would I use
I'm running Comp double springs, Comp pushrods, Comp lifters and Comp rocker rollers