Shifting issues

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Dyceman

Shifting issues

Post by Dyceman »

Hello all!!

New to the group, but not new to the amazing experience of a Beretta!!

Well I recently picked up my Third 1990 Beretta GTZ, in white this time.. LOL.

So my Issue. I have no shift pattern. When I go into first there is no designated first position. it moves back and forth like it is in neutral, The difference is it pulls forward like I am trying to start in third, and I can disengage into Neutral. I have scoured the Net for help to no avail. It is strong and does move. Can anyone help me and give me an idea where to start?

Thank you so much in advance

Cliff8928
Administrator

Re: Shifting issues

Post by Cliff8928 »

Sounds like you may have a broken or disconnected shift cable, possibly very worn or missing shifter bushings.

Cliff Scott
Dyceman

Re: Shifting issues

Post by Dyceman »

ok so more clarification, I do have third gear. I almost have reverse but she just does not want to go there. I have talked to lots of people and Transmission places. I need to do this for myself as I can not lay out 1000 to have her rebuilt and I am mechanically inclined. I am now thinking Linkage.

Cliff Thank you so much for your reply, my cables are totally connected and have great full bushings.

Does anyone here know where I could find a good rebuilt or a decent used 282 Muncie, I am in the west coast of Canada and have so far found nothing.

This is frustrating as I am just learning about trans-axles.

Thank you all in advance for your help!!!!