96 z26 questions.. and gibberish..

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Chad91GTZ

Re: 96 z26 questions.. and gibberish..

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Your insurance cost on the 88 is due to lack of airbag, ABS, etc etc.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Good lord.

I have insurance through State Farm here in MI.
With both the 2003 Caravan and the 94 Z I am paying just over 150 a month. Full coverage on both, 0 deductible for both collision and comp (I think. I might have a deductible on the collision, have to check now that I think about it but I know comp is 0), 500 deductible on medical coverage. (that actually saved me more money than anything the deductible differences were for the vehicles themselves) Also have tow/gas/etc coverage. Keep in mind that here insurance is no fault. Meaning that your insurance pays for your crap, and the other guys pays for theirs. Though if you are not at fault the insurance company is not suppose to drop your ass or raise your rate. (yeah right)

At least with all the comp claims I have had the past few years they have not raised it a cent. Yet. (dear hit with the beretta, totaled and repaired, windshield on the van, now the turkey I hit with the van, etc). Getting my money's worth anyway.

Whats really scary is the fiance' up in Canada has to pay like 350 or more a month for basic coverage for a 1993 Toyota Camary wagon we are looking to pick up cheap. THAT is insane.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

You don't even want to know what my insurance costs, for liability only. I'm 26 divorced with two kids and have been a homeowner for going on 8 years, and I'm still getting raked over the coals for a couple of 20 year old cars.

My Motortopia

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

That is just fucking insane. Sure, I'm almost 40, and have 2 kids myself, but still. And I don't own a home.. Yet. lol

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You guys are also comparing insurance costs for a Canada driver vs the US... Not a fair comparison really.

Also no matter where you live, and as cheap as it is, its useless to pay for full coverage on a Beretta... i just got my taxes this week and both my 95 and 96 were on there 95 is valued at 1,200 and the 96 is 1,350 or something. If you crack it up you'll get nothing but a totaled title and have to buy it back. Only thing that would be worth it is specialty insurance that takes into consideration all the work you've done, but thats not cheap.

To change gear ratio's the 96 already has the highest ratio diff available, you need to swap the 37/33 drive gears in the trans for the 33/37 set that came in other N-body and W-body cars... Or the 35/35 set if you only want a 3.29 ratio. I have all of the above due to so many revisions of transmissions and ratios that I have been running.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Have to disagree with regards to the coverage. I had full coverage when I clobbered the deer. I ended up with 1500 in my pocket and you all know the rest of the story. :P

For me the difference wasn't that much, maybe 20 bucks a month or so. I think its totally worth it. May not be for everyone though. I saved more just having the medical set for 500 deductible than either vehicle set to 1000. Makes no sense to me, but it works. I mean the difference between a 500 and 0 for my vehicles was like less than 3 bucks a month... Lame. But I saved over 250 every 6 months raising the medical one. *shrug

Problem is, and I'm aware of this, is that each state, country, whatever is going to have its own standards. Sucks but oh well. Probably one reason Michigan is so screwed up. LOL

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I pay 190 a month for full coverage on 07 mustang, and full coverage on the bike, and liability on two berettas.

I'm compairing my cost to Ace's cost. Not to Canada. But even compaired to Canada I'm getting screwed.

I've never been in an accident claimed on insurance,

My Motortopia

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

My car almost got totaled when I got rear ended and the only visual damage to the car was a small dent in the hood... the parts quoted was a rear lower filler, not the black the thin colored part between the lights and bumper, new bumper shocks new front headlight and new front headlight support and then the "bettering" as they quoted it for paint since at that time the car was not fully painted yet. Maybe you have a insurance adjuster in your pocket or something but it doesn't work out that well every where else, and not one beretta right now blue books over 1,500 I can guarantee that, so if you have 1500+ in damages you will get a totaled slip. My accident was in 2008... Its been 2 years since then... the values are only dropping.

I think I ended up with $1,250 and he was trying to keep the repair low so it would NOT make him value the car so he could just get me a check and be done with it. And that was from someone else's insurance company since I did not claim against mine.

Going back and reading Geico's policy, (not sure if all are the same) but if you own your car and have full coverage they will give you cash for the value of the vehicle when determined total loss, so you don't have to buy it back, but you will get a salvage title on your car and what its worth... Sorry but I don't want to deal with that crap for a measly $1,400.

I was talking about Ace's "Good Lord" reply to Beretta... not you to him.

FWIW I pay $123 a month for full coverage on my 07 legacy, Amys 05 Impreza Outback sport, and liability on the 96 Beretta. My deductibles are not 0 though. They are 500 IIRC.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Ah. Hence the differences with MI.

Here, if the car is older than 10 years and deemed totaled, you can buy it back without a salvage title at all. Mine has never had to go through that. My title shows it to be clear.

State Farm adjuster came out, looked the car over, and his statement was to me that just having the air bag deploy totaled the car before he even figured out the damage cost. I think it was somewhere around 6-6.5 k.

Anyway, they do not go by the "blue book" They have their own system of value (apparently this is country wide, not just MI) that actually gives a slightly better value than say KBB. Needless to say, in Oct of 08, when it was totaled the value it was put at was about 2150. They then deducted from that the salvage cost which was about 400, plus some other fee that I can't recall or maybe I had made a payment with it I think it was. I ended up with over 1500 and kept the car. The only reason I kept it, was due to the fact my father offered to help get it fixed.

I wish I had the adjuster in my back pocket but trust me, that's not the case. He is quite anal with the figures. And yes the same one that did the car is the one that did the van recently. And on that he cut the repair a grand, which forced me to have to do it myself. Ah well.

Anyways, no biggie. Just glad that for the time being insurance is cheap here.

beretta

Post by beretta »

Well.. the 88 is classed at classical, anything over 20 years.. its the first vehicle i have ever insured. no driving record, i was only ever on my parents insurance when i got my license. im 28. i have had my license since i was 17. i have drove friends vehicles and the company truck for 3 or 4 yrs so never really needed my own and the cost even then would have been as much as it is now, after i have it a while it should go down.. i have no clue why its going up and its my 1 year renewal coming up next month. still clean record never had an accident ever.

I have a speeding ticket... i went to court for 1 week after i got my beretta insured so that was not on my record then, could be from that i dont know. i was apparently doing 112 in the work truck and my spedo was reading under 100. i got it lowered to 102. so 22 KM over. not so bad.

I also only have my G2 license, they still class me as a new driver i guess, i need to get in and get my G and that should lower it alot.

The 88 ill be paying close to $4,000 yr i only paid $400 for the car.. doesnt make sense lol...

The 96 is $1,300 for 6 months, my recipt says i paid $200 for the car, so on my insurance it says the value of my car is $200. i need to get an appraisal done soon and have that changed, i would be pretty upset if something happened and it was totaled and they only gave me 200 for it lol my monthly payment is more then that.

Im 28, have 2 kids, 11 and 3, and another who doesnt live with me thats 8. i dont own a house, i rent and it sucks i want to buy a house so badly but my girl doesnt want to move out of this town at this time. soon the time will come, i hate paying rent just like i hate over paying for insurance. im going to talk to my bank maybe i can get a better rate through them, i only went to this place im at now cuz at the time it was convenient and my friend had his insurance there and it was cheap. just throwing that out there since everyone was talking about kids and what not lol

It was still cheaper for me to pay 310/month for insurance and put gas in the 88 then it was to drive the work truck not pay insurance and only put gas in it..

I would just pull the 88 off now and drive the 96 since its cheaper, but my girlfriends going to be driving the 96 soon and ill need something. and i kinda like having 2 beretta's on the road i can choose what beretta to drive lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Ah. Hence the differences with MI.

Here, if the car is older than 10 years and deemed totaled, you can buy it back without a salvage title at all. Mine has never had to go through that. My title shows it to be clear.

State Farm adjuster came out, looked the car over, and his statement was to me that just having the air bag deploy totaled the car before he even figured out the damage cost. I think it was somewhere around 6-6.5 k.

Anyway, they do not go by the "blue book" They have their own system of value (apparently this is country wide, not just MI) that actually gives a slightly better value than say KBB. Needless to say, in Oct of 08, when it was totaled the value it was put at was about 2150. They then deducted from that the salvage cost which was about 400, plus some other fee that I can't recall or maybe I had made a payment with it I think it was. I ended up with over 1500 and kept the car. The only reason I kept it, was due to the fact my father offered to help get it fixed.

I wish I had the adjuster in my back pocket but trust me, that's not the case. He is quite anal with the figures. And yes the same one that did the car is the one that did the van recently. And on that he cut the repair a grand, which forced me to have to do it myself. Ah well.

Anyways, no biggie. Just glad that for the time being insurance is cheap here.
Then technically your car was totaled and they gave you face value minus what they would get in salvage... Some states won't allow that at all for one, and then others give you a salvage title which scars the car's value from then on out.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

As I said, its all different, state to state, country, etc... Anyway.

Pathogen

Post by Pathogen »

My insurance charges me 56 a month, then i get a call saying i have to go with one of their one time discounts and i didn't get the email they sent until it was too late and now they charge me 70 bucks a month. I call them and say why am I being penalized for not accepting a discount? and she goes "Oh no no, it's not a penalty, it's just an increase because you didn't go with our discount." I hung up.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
beretta

Post by beretta »

Cv Shaft assembly

94 - 98
skylark
beretta
corsica
achieva
Grand Am

All those should interchange. $43.00 Canadian on Rock auto for a New one, Reman are cheaper but require core charge

CAD$86.26 for both left and right New..
$75.00 for standard shipping UPS or Fedex
$161 for both shipped. i guess not too bad, probably cost me $120 for 1 here. the 88 ones were around 200 with tax and remans not new.

beretta

Post by beretta »

what transmission and engine would be in 91-92 Z34 lumina's someone local is parting 2 of them out, im going to try and grab the hood vents at least.

Would they have the 3.4 L over head cam engine ? what kind of power do those make and are they worth swapping into a beretta