2 Berettas possibly for sale together--looking for input

List a Beretta Item for sale
bri90301

2 Berettas possibly for sale together--looking for input

Post by bri90301 »

Hello Everyone,

I am exploring some options for a project I just haven’t had the time to finish. I have a 1996 Beretta (base with a 3100) that is in great shape for its age. This car has 79K miles, the dash has no bubbling, the weather-strips on the side windows are still soft and crack free, and there is no rust on the body at all. I also have a 1995 Z26 that has a bad motor but all the lower cladding is straight and crack free. My plan was to put the lower body pieces from the Z26 onto the 96 base so I could have a car that drove and looked good. As we all know this is getting harder and harder to come by in the realm of Berettas. Anyway, two kids later and now I have little extra time for this project. Basically I am curious what you all think these cars may be worth? I am well aware of KBB and NADA etc…but with these cars, I know there is a small nostalgic following for them, and figured they may make a good package deal? I don’t know, I hate to think about selling, as it took so long to find these two cars to fit my plans. But life has funny ways of changing your focus! Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated!

Both cars are located in Bismarck North Dakota.

1996 Beretta: base with 3100 engine, Black Rose color, manual windows, power locks, pop up moonroof, window tint, keyless entry, new Michelin tires, CD deck, 79K miles.
1995 Beretta Z26: power locks, power windows, Bright red color, no sunroof, 235K miles, blown motor. PARTS CAR
Attachments
IMG_00000233.jpg
IMG_00000237.jpg
IMG_20140910_193422.jpg

Money pit Beretta

Re: 2 Berettas possibly for sale together--looking for input

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Really it is up to you. There is no big following on these cars and prices are low. Parts are getting hard to get and almost no one cares that it was once a Indy Pace Car.

keep'em flying!
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

You do have a "potentially" interesting and appealing project there, but location and motivation may be your enemies.

Good luck with it all.

I'm thinking $700 to $1500 depending on who you find and where.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Convertible spoiler on the Z26?

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
bri90301

Post by bri90301 »

The spoiler does look similar, doesn't it? Im not really a fan to be honest. I'd be happy to part with the spoiler if shipping wasnt so difficult. Ive got a trunk lid from a 93GT that has the more subtle spoiler that i like.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

bri90301 wrote:The spoiler does look similar.
What car did you get that spoiler off of?

_________
-------------
bri90301

Post by bri90301 »

The Z26's spoiler was already on the car when I bought it last year.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

That really does look like the Vert spoiler. How much shipped to 86301?

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
bri90301

Post by bri90301 »

With the spoilers' 'U' shape, I will need to see what I can come up with for shipping costs in the next couple days, Thanks!

bri90301

Post by bri90301 »

OK shipping alone is 115, due to the large and fragile nature of the container. So I would say 200 bucks shipped to make it worth the time to package it up.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Shippiing with and without deck lid attached if possible too.

Geoff
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

It's not the vert spoiler. It's that one aftermarket one.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Either way, its a nice looking spoiler :-)

I will let you know in a few days man. I have a couple things i need to pay for first and then i will get back to you.

Geoff
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

So what's the story on selling both cars?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
bri90301

Post by bri90301 »

Well 2 years ago an older guy I work with told me he was looking to sell his 1996 Beretta. I had seen it parked by the building and thought, wow that Beretta is in good shape. He always drives slow, washed/waxed it and kept up good with maintenance. As you all know, it is getting hard to find decent original Berettas anymore. You can go days (weeks) without seeing a Beretta (other than your own lol), and then when you do, it’s rusted or crunched somewhere. Anyway, he was realistic on a price, and I have a teenage kid that I figured could use it. Well that was the plan at least, before I got kinda attached to it. You see, I had a red 88 Beretta GT in high school, and I found myself getting all nostalgic. Then I remembered what most high school kids do to cars, they beat on them. ((granted I did my share of racing around back then, but I also took care of my Retta, I have been a gear head since I could pick up a socket wrench)). Anyway, I got to thinking this car was in too good of shape to sacrifice on my kid. So I bought him something different and he proved me correct. The first two months he had this other auction car he bottomed out on a speed bump and crushed the oil pan and then he ‘took it just off the road’ and destroyed a CV axle. But I digress, so now I have this Beretta but I wanted it to look like the Z26. So I found a Z26 that had a great body, but motor issues. Bought it for cheap and had it shipped home. The shipping was more than the car! Anyway the plan was to put all needed parts to complete a Z26 conversion onto the 1996 base. Then I would have a mechanically solid Beretta that looked good too. Fast forward a year, we have a new baby, I have a new job, and I have a new project to work on. I went from a Z26 to a Z06 (see pic with my other son in it) so now with little time to work on the Beretta, I figured I would see if any other Beretta ‘enthusiasts’ would entertain my hopes of finishing a similar project. Money isn’t the issue, as I know that these cars aren’t worth a ton no matter what shape they are in, but with the car being in such good shape, I hoped it would find a good home. I am currently working on getting the intake gasket fixed on the 96 Retta, as it is just starting to leak coolant externally. Anyway that’s the story. Chances are good no one will offer a realistic amount based on distance to N Dakota and the fact that he Z does not run. So I figure that after my teen has some experience driving, he and I can work together to do this Z26 conversion and then maybe he would learn to appreciate things more. But then my wife gripes she is sick of all the cars I seem to have sittin around, so I figured I would try to move these two at once. I do still have both Berettas. Sorry for the long post… :)
Attachments
The new 'Z'
The new 'Z'