Back on Market - For Sale 1988 Chevrolet Beretta

List a Beretta Item for sale
oldtimer88

Back on Market - For Sale 1988 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by oldtimer88 »

Let's try this again... last deal didn't work out so car is back on market.

It is a sad day but I need to list my car, I have too many vehicles so I need to find it a good home. This was my first car and have owned since 1993. Black with light gray interior this was a strange option car, it has no power options but had top of line tape deck radio with equalizer and digital dash. Car is a V6 5speed car. This is a west coast car with ZERO rust.
Car has been tastefully upgraded with all of the best Beretta parts from the parts bin.
Upgrades:
• NOS GTU wheels
• GTU Spoiler
• Red Front bowtie and GTU rear bumper “Chevrolet”
• Upgraded Pioneer Double DIN CD radio/installed in custom face plate made from an old radio. Original fully working
radio included with car. Upgraded speakers in stock locations, nothing cut.
• 94 Z26 seats front and rear no rips or tears (mint condition) installed in 1/99
• Koni Fully adjustable struts and shocks (front and rear)
• Z51 Rear Sway bar
• Cavalier front strut tower brace
• Later style leather wrapped steering wheel with “humps”
• Added Factory truck Release

History car basically sat for the last 14 years as I had a job with a company car but I kept the Beretta. It has been stored inside until recently when I put car back on road. My new job did not include a car so I decided to drive the Beretta again. Car was taken back off road in November of 2014.

New in January 2014 only 4,000 miles since this was done to car:
Fuel filter, Fuel cap, front valve cover gasket, distributor drive o-ring, NOS Packard spark plug wires, AC Rapid fire spark plus, AC Delco serpentine belt, GM PCV Valve, AC Delco Air Filer, EVERY Cooling hose replaced, NOS GM Radiator, GM Thermostat, GM Radiator Cap, New Goodyear RSA Tires, new aftermarket left front outer CV Boot, Aftermarket Left Rear Wheel Bearing, AC Delco Loaded Durastop Calipers and aftermarket rotors, AC Delco rear Shoes and AC Delco wheel cylinders, new Windshield, new Costco battery, NOS GM driver and passenger belt moldings and AC converted to R143A, blows cold!

About five months ago I replaced the Cat and entire exhaust with a Walker stock style exhaust system and put nice stainless exhaust tips on. Passed North Carolina Vehicle Inspection, Vehicle sold with a Clean North Carolina Title.

I also added a trailer hitch for a bike rack but it has never been used.

The digital dash works perfectly, in fact I replaced with a GM service exchange unit in January 2014 (yes they are still available if you know where). Everything works as it should on car, no oil leaks… mechanically it’s great. The only issues are the headliner needs to be redone and the clear coat is starting to go on the front fenders. Any questions let me know but I would prefer to see it go to someone on here who will take care of it, if I have to I will put on craigslist. As a BONUs if someone from here purchases car I will include the GM factory 88 service manuals and I also have a GM parts book for the “L” car. This is very helpful as you can look up your own parts. Any questions send me a PM and I will respond. Looking for $2,700 and the car is worth every bit of it but I am willing to negotiate. I do have a truck and trailer and might consider delivery within a reasonable distance (but you pay fuel). I can get more pictures just ask, Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_1071[1].JPG
IMG_2800[1].JPG
IMG_2800[1].JPG (30.57 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
IMG_3775.JPG
IMG_3753.JPG

ifixalot

Re: Back on Market - For Sale 1988 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by ifixalot »

Nice looking car. I wish I had a big barn to keep all the nice cars I see for sale.
Now if someone plows into me and I need a car,,,,,
A couple questions. How many miles on it and how many on the clutch?
Also for some reason I can't open the "muffler tip" picture to see it large
like I can with the others by double clicking. That one seems to be a
lower quality Kilobit shot.

oldtimer88

Re: Back on Market - For Sale 1988 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by oldtimer88 »

ifixalot wrote:Nice looking car. I wish I had a big barn to keep all the nice cars I see for sale.
Now if someone plows into me and I need a car,,,,,
A couple questions. How many miles on it and how many on the clutch?
Also for some reason I can't open the "muffler tip" picture to see it large
like I can with the others by double clicking. That one seems to be a
lower quality Kilobit shot.
Sorry forgot 120k on car I can't find receipt but if I recall clutch was done around 80 or 90.

The muffler pic for some reason didn't upload right. I will try again tonight.