90 Beretta Indy 500 Yellow 4-Sale

List a Beretta Item for sale
Asylum

Re: 90 Beretta Indy 500 Yellow 4-Sale

Post by Asylum »

The car appears to be all there and a pretty nice example of what was produced in 1990.

And for heaven's sake get those wheel weights off those wheels! Very, very gently!

Stick-on weight are your friend on hard to find alloy wheels.

Whomever repaired and painted the front end should be shot a pissed on, but other than that, and a lot of Texas dry rot and paint fade, it's a good beginning.

Still think you have too much into it at this point, but there is a buyer for damn near anything.

Good luck with it. :beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

It is a rare car and there isnt many Indy models left. I suggest keeping it and not taking a loss on the price because they are rare and yours looks very saveable to me.
Last edited by Beretta1234567 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

I agree with asylums comments.
As is, $2500.00 max

Best of luck

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

The truth of this entire conversation is that this member has way too much invested in something they thought was super rare/collectable, and it's not.

The guy who sold it is probably very happy to see it gone, especially at that kind of money.

Pauly is right! It's maybe a $2500- $2800 piece if someone is looking for one.

But $3500 plus?

Good luck with that one!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

pces2008thomas

Post by pces2008thomas »

Man Im so glad that this one guy whos telling "me" how much my car is worth. Go figure. FYI Ill sell it with no problems dude. and Im sure to either break even or make a few bucks on top. I just figure I would post the ad on your website. I definitely have a bunch of interest here on the east coast, so Im sure to do well with this particular car. What I cant stand is people who just think they know it all, especially cars which Im very knowledgeable. And Im no kid, Im 46 years old and I know my way around many cars. But I tell ya, Im so glad that this "one guy" knows how much my car is worth. Thank God thats out of the way. LOL

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I'm not sure just why you think a relatively easy car to re-create would be so valuable.
Hell anyone can build/create one. I don't even think they are in any way VIN identifiable. (I believe they de-code as a GT)
A GTU kit, some yellow paint, $100 worth of embroidery and some readily available decals, DONE!
And I suppose having been a licensed appraiser for 23 years (now retired) is of no value whatsoever.
These cars are unfortunately not creating any residual classic actual cash value. (ACV)
But it's your car, and your money.
You post on a model specific Forum and you are going to get Member input.
We do know a little about these cars. :beer:
Have fun with it.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

pces2008thomas

Post by pces2008thomas »

You sound very educated, thank God for people like you. You'll be first to know of how much I end up getting for the car. Just a reminder, I also build c2 & c3 corvettes as a hobby and owned cars only people dreamed of owning. Chevy Beretta's are the least of my worries. Please do have a pleasant day my friend.

pces2008thomas

Re: 90 Beretta Indy 500 Yellow 4-Sale *UPDATE*

Post by pces2008thomas »

UPDATE 10/11/15

Hello everyone but after some consideration, I decided to go ahead and bring this Beretta Indy back to her glory again. Personally, I think this car is amazing and worth every cent put back into her. Regardless of what the car is worth or not worth at this point in time,,That really doesnt matter to me. Real Beretta collectors would pay premium for a nice solid Indy especially done right. But Im absolutely in no hurry to sell it because I think Im going to have fun fixing her up and driving her around town again. For me,, I would pay any price to see this car looking mint again!! Call it a "waste" of my money then so be it... You dont see these cars around much these days let alone a base Beretta. This car is fun to drive and I love seeing necks break every time I fly bye! Anyway, thus far I replaced the starter, newly rebuilt digital cluster, I even found a oem rear spoiler!! I also steamed the interior and now the inside looks nearly brand new. I will be sending out the driver seat to have the foam repaired. I just ordered brand new bushing for the front end, tie rods, struts and bearings. The whole front suspension will be like new when Im done. Im having the windshield removed so I can repair the dash. Im actually thinking about wrapping the dash and door panels in real leather. I'm also pulling the motor & trans to have completely rebuilt. Since the motor will be out It will give me an opportunity to clean up the engine bay. Once all the mechanical parts are restored I plan on having the whole car repainted. Thanks for all your comments. So stay tuned for this Indy's rebirth!!

Beretta1234567

Re: 90 Beretta Indy 500 Yellow 4-Sale *UPDATE*

Post by Beretta1234567 »

pces2008thomas wrote:UPDATE 10/11/15

Hello everyone but after some consideration, I decided to go ahead and bring this Beretta Indy back to her glory again. Personally, I think this car is amazing and worth every cent put back into her. Regardless of what the car is worth or not worth at this point in time,,That really doesnt matter to me. Real Beretta collectors would pay premium for a nice solid Indy especially done right. But Im absolutely in no hurry to sell it because I think Im going to have fun fixing her up and driving her around town again. For me,, I would pay any price to see this car looking mint again!! Call it a "waste" of my money then so be it... You dont see these cars around much these days let alone a base Beretta. This car is fun to drive and I love seeing necks break every time I fly bye! Anyway, thus far I replaced the starter, newly rebuilt digital cluster, I even found a oem rear spoiler!! I also steamed the interior and now the inside looks nearly brand new. I will be sending out the driver seat to have the foam repaired. I just ordered brand new bushing for the front end, tie rods, struts and bearings. The whole front suspension will be like new when Im done. Im having the windshield removed so I can repair the dash. Im actually thinking about wrapping the dash and door panels in real leather. I'm also pulling the motor & trans to have completely rebuilt. Since the motor will be out It will give me an opportunity to clean up the engine bay. Once all the mechanical parts are restored I plan on having the whole car repainted. Thanks for all your comments. So stay tuned for this Indy's rebirth!!
Glad to see another Indy being saved instead of being sold off as another use-it-up commuter. I will want to see photos when you are done! :)
Last edited by Beretta1234567 on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pces2008thomas

Post by pces2008thomas »

Thanks for the comment. Same here, My seat is a bit flat and sagging. I have a friend who owns an upholstery shop that can repair the seat for me. I do alot of electrical work for him in the past and he owes me some favors. There is a small cigarette burn hole in the rear seat which I have to get fixed as well. My friend can do wonders. Ill copy and paste a some links below on how to reach them. The engine swaps sound tempting and back in the day I actually would of did that. But this one Im going to keep all original. Ill let the next owner in the future decide on this upgrade. I own a few fast cars already, and I really dont need to try and break the speed barrier either LOL. But back in the day I would of tried stuffing a V8 under that hood. Ill definitely will be posting pics of the finish product. When she's all done ill have to take it to Oak Beach Inn Car Meet here on Long Island maybe by next summer. I actually met Chip Foose at our meet,,,very cool. Would love to have Foose overhaul this car!!!

http://superiorautorestyling.com/
https://www.facebook.com/shopsar

Ask for Steve or Wayne , Tell them your friends or mine,,,,"Tommy the electrician"

Radd_Indy_GT

Post by Radd_Indy_GT »

If you change your mind on restoring that Indy GT, I would be interested in purchasing her. Mine was totalled in an accident 10 yrs ago. Sure, I'd have to drive from Missouri to pick it up, but as I'm disabled, that's no big thing for me. Regardless, good luck with her should you keep her.