(SOLD PLZ DELETE) 1996 red Z with 03 Malibu for sale $800 has trans issues

List a Beretta Item for sale
Squeeze

(SOLD PLZ DELETE) 1996 red Z with 03 Malibu for sale $800 has trans issues

Post by Squeeze »

***CAR IS SOLD. MODERATORS PLZ DELETE. THANK YOU.***

Well... my car decided to start acting up in the transmission and I had it flushed and new filter put on, still didn't fix it. Threw up a tcc pressure silenoid code and at this point I'm cuttin my losses. I listed It on Craigslist at 800 for a quick sale. Plenty of good condition parts. Newer 03 Malibu motor. Located in Norman,Oklahoma.
405-496-2924 is my cell. I respond to texts and calls. Here is the
Craigslist link with more info: http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/5422163820.html
Last edited by Squeeze on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1988GTU

Re: 1996 red Z with 03 Malibu for sale $800 has trans issues

Post by 1988GTU »

Leaving the L body community?
:(

_________
-------------
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

I dont want to, as berettas have always been a favorite of mine. So I'd like to say maybe take a break until I can buy a nicer condition one. I figure I'd post her up here in case anyone with the skill set want it or if anyone wanted to use it as a parts car since it has all the good parts on it and in good shape.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Man, if this wasn't so far away, I would scoop this up in a heartbeat.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Oh man. It'd be a perfect replacement for mine, since I have a good transmission and a destroyed body... I too wish it were not so far away =(.

1991 Beretta GTZ
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

How hard can changing that solenoid be or maybe just cut the wires to it like in the old 3 speed trans?
It seems like not enough of a reason to give up on a car, even if you had to pay somebody to do it.
If rust on the rockers isn't that bad, maybe worth the trip for somebody.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Squeeze wrote:I dont want to, as berettas have always been a favorite of mine. So I'd like to say maybe take a break until I can buy a nicer condition one. I figure I'd post her up here in case anyone with the skill set want it or if anyone wanted to use it as a parts car since it has all the good parts on it and in good shape.
Is there a b.net price? If so... Please consider the parties interested as they might re-purpose savings for a transportation service..

Flights are about 400 one-way and a non mobile car to be transported can start anywhere from 500 and up.

_________
-------------
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

ifixalot wrote:How hard can changing that solenoid be or maybe just cut the wires to it like in the old 3 speed trans?
It seems like not enough of a reason to give up on a car, even if you had to pay somebody to do it.
If rust on the rockers isn't that bad, maybe worth the trip for somebody.
Over the past several years I've invested over $2000 into a car I orginally paid $600 for. The bulk of the cost being trying to fix the original motor then after lost money in that purchasing the newer used malibu motor, labor in swapping it. New fuel pump and filter, plus labor in it. New battery. Just to name the bigger investments into the car not mentioning everything extra added to it. Paying to have it towed several times also. I myself am not a mechanic. I lack the tools and knowhow to fix this car. For me to get it fixed I've been quoted $1500-$3000. I paid $140 this pass week just to have the trans flushed and new filter added. I've been losing money into this car and I have just reached my point where I have to cut my losses. That's why I mention it would be a great deal for someone who is mechanically inclined or just wants a good parts car. So for me, I've been trying not to sell it as you can see from all the costly repairs, but this is where me and my wallet both agree, time to sell and cut my losses. I thought the ad had a pretty decent explanation as to why I was selling, but I guess this is a bit more clearly explained. I figured I'd give the beretta community first dibs instead of a scratch yard or someone who disn't value theSr cars.

Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

1988GTU wrote:
Squeeze wrote:I dont want to, as berettas have always been a favorite of mine. So I'd like to say maybe take a break until I can buy a nicer condition one. I figure I'd post her up here in case anyone with the skill set want it or if anyone wanted to use it as a parts car since it has all the good parts on it and in good shape.
Is there a b.net price? If so... Please consider the parties interested as they might re-purpose savings for a transportation service..

Flights are about 400 one-way and a non mobile car to be transported can start anywhere from 500 and up.
As much as I'd like to be even more generous on the price, I stand pretty firm on the price I hAve it listed as. Simply because, this car is already a good buy at the listed price with the extras, condition of the factory parts, and also alll the replaced new parts. I'm already taking loss in letting it go for $800, but I honestly just cannot sell it for any less. If someone wants it bad enough, I think they would budget accordingly.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Hows the rust?

_________
-------------
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

1988GTU wrote:Hows the rust?
Rust is mainly on the lower rockers, I've painted over some of it with tractor enamel to try and help a little if any.

Squeeze

Re: (SOLD PLZ DELETE) 1996 red Z with 03 Malibu for sale $800 has trans issues

Post by Squeeze »

CAR IS SOLD.