989 LG5 ASC McLaren 3.1 V6 Turbo Engine & 4T60 Transmission Orange County, NY

List a Beretta Item for sale
Danspeed1

989 LG5 ASC McLaren 3.1 V6 Turbo Engine & 4T60 Transmission Orange County, NY

Post by Danspeed1 »

Up for sale I have an engine and transmission that will be removed from a 1989 Pontiac ASC McLaren Grand Prix. The LG5 is fairly rare. The drivetrain is currently installed in the car. It runs good. One coil needs replacement but engine itself is perfectly good and running. Transmission is good as well. Its a 4T60 (non-electronic). The car its being removed from has 96k miles on it. This would be a great swap for a custom Fiero or Beretta Project or an older Grand AM/Grand Prix. I am only selling the powertrain, I do not have anything else for sale. Sale includes everything except the turbo related piping.

In case you are unfamiliar with it: The LG5 ("V-code") was a special 3.1 L turbocharged engine produced with McLaren for just two years, 1989 and 1990. It featured the same multi-port fuel injection intake manifolds and throttle body as the LH0, but cranked out 205 hp (153 kW) at 5200 rpm and 225 lb⋅ft (305 N⋅m) of torque at 2100 rpm. This engine had a block with more nickel content and hardened internals.
This engine is notable, along with other GM turbo engines of the era (such as that found in the Typhoon/Syclone), for the ease with which significant performance gains can be realized with relatively simple modifications.

$700 for everything

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts ... 57802.html

GT_Indy

Re: 989 LG5 ASC McLaren 3.1 V6 Turbo Engine & 4T60 Transmission Orange County, NY

Post by GT_Indy »

Why are you parting the car? Rust?
I know these 89-90 Mclaren/TGP cars are near impossible to find, I've seen photos of people stripping them and adding metal and restoring the cars.

I'll admit, I parted a red one just like you have and stuck the 3.1 turbo and 4t60 in a 90 Beretta, but that grand prix was a rust bucket, the engine/trans cradle literally fell out of the unibody and much more was rotted under the rear. lol.