87 2.8 GT, auto - $450 (Vancouver BC)

List a Beretta Item for sale
bromodragonfly

87 2.8 GT, auto - $450 (Vancouver BC)

Post by bromodragonfly »

Hey guys,

Just bought myself an impreza, so it's time to say goodbye to the Beretta. Working for a new company, and with a longer commute - needed something that's a bit more reliable, and better on gas.

Bought the Beretta about 3 years ago, had 77000km on it (48000miles), and now it has just under 150000km (93000miles).

Clean title, had a minor accident back in 2009 - a car slid in a parking lot, and in turn, I slid into him while trying to stop (this happened in the snow). A piece of plastic chipped off the grille, scratches on the bumper, and the hood has a couple dents and scratches on the front. The hood sits a bit ajar on one side, but opens and closes properly. I took a cash settlement from insurance ($600) and bought a laptop, and a black car bra to cover up the damage.

No mods, other than a new CD deck and speakers, and a 2 way alarm w/ remote start (Zenesis 202)

Some notes on the service/maintenance over the years. I have the receipts for the work done by shops, and for the parts that I've installed myself.

- new cat converter and o2 sensor (2008)
- rebuilt transmission (2009)
- new fuel pump + fuel filter (2009)
- engine coolant flush (2011)
- new AC compressor, discharge/suction line, drier, charge of R12 (2010, installed myself)
- new alternator (rebuilt) (2011, installed myself)
- new IAC valve (installed myself)
- new brake booster (rebuilt) (2011, installed myself)
- new battery (2011)
- Oil changes (done in my own garage) within every 5k km, same with filters.

Known issues:

- front windshield has a large-ish crack in it. doesn't go all the way across, and doesn't obstruct my vision.
- plastic panel that covers the electrical under the steering wheel is missing
- sunroof is sealed completely shut with silicone, due to leaking water (doesn't leak now, but is non-operational)
- paint is flaking off of the trunk.
- small piece of trim off one of the tail lights has chipped off
- tires are probably a bit worn (all seasons purchased in 2009, have been rotating them with every oil change, but they've seen 40000 miles)
- car has a minor oil leak, and probably burns a bit of oil. No blue smoke. I suspect the oil is leaking from the oil filter housing, but not sure, all I see are droplets on the concrete, and the oil filter gets oily about a week after I clean it off with a rag. I estimate I have to add about a quart a month to keep it at level.
- cover piece for interior dome light is missing.

I would say interior is OK/good for a 24 year old car. None of the panels are falling off, front seats have no tears, headliner and carpet have no tears, but could probably use a shampoo. Rear seats have a couple burn marks from cigarettes that I've carelessly tried to dispose of out the window. All power windows and locks work as they should.

Exterior is also OK. Paint is flaking in some areas (mainly the trunk), minor scratches in other areas. No major dents. I have the car up on the jack when I do my oil changes, and have not noticed any rust in the wheel wells or the on the undercarriage.

I'm going to be driving the Beretta to work and back until this weekend, when I will have the time to move everything over and transfer my insurance. The car runs well right now, and has made my 80mile commute (there and back) for the last few months with no major problems (with the exception of the brake booster, which developed an internal vacuum leak).

But like I said, I'm working for a new company now, and want to make the best impression possible, which means not calling the journeyman up and telling him I won't be making it in until the next day because my car has an issue.

I'm writing this on the fly, so if you have any specific questions, please ask away.

If anyone's interested, I'll take some pictures this weekend.

Selling whole, no part outs. Don't want to deal with shipping, pick-ups only.

$450 obo! :)

There is no knowledge that is not power