Black GTU-275K miles-$2500-zip 18360- final lowered price

List a Beretta Item for sale
JAWS89GTU

Black GTU-275K miles-$2500-zip 18360- final lowered price

Post by JAWS89GTU »

Black GTU-275K miles-$2500-zip 18360-1LW14W2KY177503- Automatic 1 owner
PRICE:$2500

Alrighty, this is a very tough pill to swallow here, but all things must come to end right? My dad just lost jobs of 21 years earlier this month, and pretty much we need extra money to keep our house, in late 2010 i had a decision to make, either trade in my neon for a new car, or keep the neon and rejuvenate the beretta back to life. My dad bough it new back in may of 1989 and i took it over after i graduated back in 2006. I wanted to tear it all apart and make everything new again. Thankfully i worked at an auto parts store and got most of the parts at a discount! Honest to god with labor and parts ive spent about $12k on the car( i have all receipts of all the parts i bought). Mechanically almost every single part on the car is brand new, engine has not been replaced it is the original engine and still runs strong, transmission was replaced at about 175k, shifts smooth with no noises or grinds. Both side rocker panels are brand new(inner and outer), and also the rear subframe brace is brand new! Car is completely rustproofed with very very minimal underrcarrage rust and was sandblasted.
New parts:
Complete brake system with newbrake booster& master, all around nickelcopper rust free brake lines, goodridge stainless steel brake hoses, front cross drilled/slotted rotors, hawk hps brake pads, centric red painted calipers all new hardware/ new front and rear e-brake cables. drums/wheel cylinders and shoes are new.
Front struts are KYB'S, monroe plates and ac delco GTU coil springs. Rear shocks are also kybs with moog coil springs and kyb shock mounts. New control arms, new sway bar links, also have new frame bushings in the box.
Power steering pump, all new lines, new inner&outer tie rods, new rack & pinion.
New fuel lines, fuel filter, fuel pump assembly, fuel injectors and wiring, sending unit, o2 sensor. MAF sensor, egr valve, air filter, IACV,TPS, nep throttle body assembly and all new gaskets pcv valve, knock sensor, fuel pressure regulator, tank straps.
New all around hub assemblies
Spark plugs, Wires, coil packs, ignition control module, starter, alternator, serpantine belt, battery, all vaccum lines, cruise control servo unit
New engine and trans mounts
Oil pan and gasket and both valve cover gaskets
Complete walker dual exhaust system with hardware and heat shields
Axles and cv boots
Radiator, upper and lower hoses, thermostat, water pump
A/C condenser, have new drier and compressor needs to be put in
All new fluids all around.
Strut tower brace
New side skrit clips and custom skirt brackets
Tires are yokohama avid envigors- Fronts are about 7/32, Rears are about 6/32
new front and rear red bumper moldings, i bought 2 extra sets was going to put them on all of the quarter panels and doors,
new side and rear OEM GTU decals
rear window louvers
new driver side tail light
rain guards, front end bra, headlight covers,beretta front license plate
new headlights
z26 front seats
sony xplod cd player, alpine 3 way front speakers, stock rears.

Cons:
Windshield is cracked(will be getting fixed asap)
Needs trunk lock cylinder(only opens using the switch)
needs paint job
rims
door panels
headliner
dash is in good shape
tach doesnt read correct rpms but works(maybe a simple wire??)
cruise doesnt engage, like i said all vaccum lines are connected and its got a new servo unit
the little bit of rust on the exterior and little hole on the driver side door jam

Like i said if my fathers job situation never happened like it did, i wouldnt be looking to sell, but id much rather see one of you guys take it than let it rot away in the driveway.
Anyone is more than happy to check it out and even test drive it if you're really interested, and again im very negotiable on the price. Heres the link to some pics

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/JohnsGTU/
Last edited by JAWS89GTU on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JAWS89GTU

Re: Black GTU-275K miles-$4500-zip 18360 Mechanically Restor

Post by JAWS89GTU »

Bump.. Kind of shocked noone has even replied to it or anything, looking to sell by end of august at the latest. If not ill put it on cl &feebay.

speedy

Post by speedy »

your asking $4,500 for that pile of crap? no wonder, 1 owner or not its not worth half your asking price. if you do find a buyer, send him my way, i have a 91 gtz with a q4 in better shape with half the miles. i'll ask the guy for $3500 on that..

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
themixer

Post by themixer »

i have to agree with speedy on this one, it doesn't look to be in the best shape but regardless good luck with the sale I hope you get what you want for it

JAWS89GTU

Post by JAWS89GTU »

So with everything brand new and its in decent, not top quality showroom shape your tellin me its worth like $2000? Thats pretty insulting man, and to call it a pile of crap is even more uncalled for man. All the new parts were like 7k alone guy.i believe my asking price is fairly reasonable, car doesnt really need anything, dont knock it to hell on me though its not that bad.

speedy

Post by speedy »

its pretty bad bro... it doesnt matter what you put into it if you cant see it.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Speedy, please limit your mouth when bagging on someone's car. To this guy, it is not a piece of crap it is his baby. I can't believe the lack of filter you have sometimes.

Jaws, I have to agree with him on some of his points though. That car is rough. Trust me when I tell you that first impressions are EVERYTHING when it comes to selling a car. And the first impression any and everyone that looks at this is going to get is that it is a heap. As Speedy said, all of those newly replaced parts really amount to nearly nothing as you can't see them. Plus, you should know that you NEVER get back what you put into a car like this. You've spent about $12K on your car? I've spent over $20K easy and I would be hard pressed to get $3000 for it if I was ever to sell.

I concur, $4500 is way too much to be asking. In its current state, put it up for $2700 and let someone talk you down to $2500 - $2300. However, if you were to paint it, I would think that you can list it for about $3200 and let someone talk you down to about $2700 - $2500. And no, you don't have to spend hundreds on a paint job, there are plenty of ways to do it yourself very inexpensively. I mean hell, I painted my car for $68.
See here: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Poo ... nt-your-c/

There is a buyer for every car, you just have to market to them and find them. You never know with a CL or eBay ad... you could see three or four grand with all of those new parts.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

At the very least, I'd put a black junkyard hood on it that isn't peeling and doesn't have Firebird scoops on it, fix the rust, replace the damaged fender (or both, since IIRC they're both peeling?) wax the crap out of it, get junkyard taillights and fillers, get the molding for the drivers side and see where that puts you. Oh, and clean the hell out of it.

Appearance matters to most people more than function when buying a car.

Offtopic, but what is with these GTU's popping up on here with GT Badges on the door? I mean, sure they could've just swapped doors at one time but you'd think people would debadge the door like factory.

cintrav

Post by cintrav »

thats no where near decent shape. your best bet is to part out the car for all the good parts and just scrap the rest. im sure you dont want to hear that and probably dont have the time or resources to do it, but i think that will net you more money in the long run

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

To be honest jaws I don't me to bag on rag on your car either but you would be better off finding a low miles gtu and swapping everything over if it's a rust free body, because noone will like getting a fixed up turf then try to fix up a fixed up turd and still have a fixed up turd if you found and absolute rust free body with low miles perhaps a bare shell and swap everything over you'd be golden

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
luke90indy

Post by luke90indy »

I feel like I should be asking 9k for my INDY.... I can't even get 2k so good luck, not to be cruel.

JAWS89GTU

Post by JAWS89GTU »

Yea and i should be able to get 25k for my srt,lol anyone know of someone that has a white z26 with duals running around it the Allentown pa area?

speedy

Post by speedy »

Styluss wrote:Speedy, please limit your mouth when bagging on someone's car. To this guy, it is not a piece of crap it is his baby. I can't believe the lack of filter you have sometimes.
the truth hurts but sometimes its the best thing.... sorry jaws...
JAWS89GTU wrote:Yea and i should be able to get 25k for my srt,lol anyone know of someone that has a white z26 with duals running around it the Allentown pa area?
no, but if its like anything else down in allentown its either going to get stolen/junked/smashed or trashed, every other nice car ive seen down there seems to get the same neglect.

JAWS89GTU

Post by JAWS89GTU »

I seen it on rte 611 like 6 months ago than again on rte 80 a week ago, we were doing like 100 before i dropped back because my radar was gojng on.

JAWS89GTU

Re: Black GTU-275K miles-$3600-zip 18360 Mechanically Restor

Post by JAWS89GTU »

Lowered the price to $3600. Open to reasonable offers, if you want to call or text me, pm me for the number. Thanks