WTB: Euro headlights

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
GTU89

WTB: Euro headlights

Post by GTU89 »

as title says wtb euro headlights, please include shipping est. in price to 17870 selinsgrove pa.

if anyone knows of any other vehicle that has lights that are a match (unlikely) or close with modification let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Asylum

Re: WTB: Euro headlights

Post by Asylum »

You can make late 80's Camaro head lights work with some imagination.

Actual Euro's at this point are going to be silly expensive, and very hard to find.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Asylum wrote:You can make late 80's Camaro head lights work with some imagination.

Actual Euro's at this point are going to be silly expensive, and very hard to find.
That works and would be alot cheaper after looking around at older posts on euro lights for sale. I imagine just make the black "housing" from sheet metal or something?

Just buy the sealed beams from a autoparts or something and mock a housing/mount system up? I guess you'd need to buy harness to splice in for the sealed beams?

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

The actual Euros were closer to the late '80s Chevy pickups, IIRC (they had a two-headlight AND a four-headlight version). Sealed-beam units, a bit smaller than the Camaro ones and with a bit more contoured corners -H4703 Low, H4701 High. BUT, if you do go the Camaro route, consider the Blazer 4666 sealed-beam for the low -they fit the same but with a different electrical connector, and punch an extra five watts or something like that -just enough to be visibly brighter. I have already upgraded one of my '88 Camaros with them (Sylvania on clearance at Wal-Mart for $4.00 each:wicked: ).

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

I will consider that, not sure of the GTZs future yet, but if I keep her I will be going that route, sealed beams should look great on a white GTZ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

This actually helped me, to some degree. I wanted to do the Euro headlight conversion as well but can't even find anything remotely close to them. I'm almost ready to find a '91-'93 GTZ or a '94 Z26 with the Quad, but I'm terrible at driving stick and don't wanna shell out the money for a clutch every month or so, since I can't find a good Quad motor to pair with my auto Z26 lmao