WTB...Beretta GTZ....Finders fee offered.

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
DNA5ONE7

WTB...Beretta GTZ....Finders fee offered.

Post by DNA5ONE7 »

Hi All. Starting a search for a GTZ or Z26.

Looking for a GTZ in excellent condition within a days drive of Charlotte NC. 28216.

Any year GTZ or Z26 in Blue is the goal for now.... after I search for a while I may open the search to Black, Burgandy and then White but I won't buy red.

Mileage can be varied but should be suitable for the condition of the car. Obviously a Quad 4, 5speed original car or 3.1 Auto is OK and condition is the highest priority. I guess the Absolute perfect choice would be a 1990 GTZ but any year GTZ or Z26 could work.

No Junk, No projects or modified turbo swaps. Looking for a fairly particular car and I am not in a hurry so I will spend the time to find what I want...I recently brought home a 90 454SS truck after a similar search so I get it. If I don't find it soon I will keep looking.

I am not looking for an Indy, GT or a clone. I had a GTZ in high school so am looking to replicate as close as possible...I may consider a close Z26.

Upon completion of my search I will pay the 1 single person who is first to provide me contact info and car description for the car that I ultimately purchase a $250 fee. I will send it via pay pal ONLY directly to that 1 person and only after the car is in my garage. Ebay links excluded as anybody can search Ebay. Any other method is fine.

I am hoping that the person who sends the correct info knows the seller or the car in a best case scenario.

Thanks all. Appreciate the help and support.

My name is Chris and my email is fleckc12@gmail.com

I am willing to travel up to a days drive from Charlotte NC to pick up or meet. At this time I am not buying site unseen and shipping the car unless it was some very odd scenario so that's off the table for now.Image
Last edited by DNA5ONE7 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: WTB...Beretta GTZ....Finders fee offered.

Post by heavywoody »

Chris, welcome to the group!

I approved your request to join the FB group and sent you a message on FB as well.

Good luck in your search; there was a member selling his car last month in TN, but I'm not sure it would have fit your budget.

Welcome and we'll keep eyes peeled - clean lower mileage examples are around!

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
DNA5ONE7

Post by DNA5ONE7 »

That sounds about right....a well cared for car in TN so it's not all the way across the country.

No worries I will be patient and I appreciate the help.

As far as budget I dont have one but it will be appropriate for the car as expected.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DanteGTZ

Re: RE: Re: WTB...Beretta GTZ....Finders fee offered.

Post by DanteGTZ »

DNA5ONE7 wrote:That sounds about right....a well cared for car in TN so it's not all the way across the country.

No worries I will be patient and I appreciate the help.

As far as budget I dont have one but it will be appropriate for the car as expected.

Thanks again

Here's the car Geoff was talking about. It's my 93 GTZ in East TN. It is in extremely good mechanical shape, and no expense has been spared when it comes to parts.

Although my car is not actively for sale, I suppose anything is for the right price. Quite honestly, considering the condition of the car, and what has been done to it, my asking price would be approaching five figures.

When looking at buying one of these cars today, you have a couple options:

Option number one, buy a car that needs a lot of work, and spend huge amounts of money getting it there, if you can even find parts. I'd say the biggest problem is getting a car that's in good mechanical shape, and one that's been maintained. Unfortunately, due to the age of these cars, you can pretty much expect to have to replace every single mechanical part on them. They will nickel and dime you to death if you buy one that hasn't had recent love and attention. My car is proof positive that. Before I bought it, it had sat for a while, and the previous owner with absolutely nothing into repairs. I have replaced every single system in the car. Everything, from fuel system, to brake system, to suspension, to engine, to air conditioning, to Cooling. Exhaust. Every single thing has been gone through, because I don't want to drive a car that is a rolling Band-Aid.

Option number two, buy a car that's already been taken care of, has a long history in the group, and one minute needs very little to no repair to be exactly what you want. Of course, you'll pay more to buy one in that condition, but you'll save in the long run, and likely I have a build with better parts used.

- Brian
ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
DNA5ONE7

Post by DNA5ONE7 »

We will see how it goes....if nothing comes available I will expand the search to a 3.1 V6 car or a Z26 also...Those may be considered for the right car if it works out.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

For me, the best option for purchasing a car is finding one that is in overall good condition, with one glaring fault -like a low-mile driver that was being taken care of until the tranny shot its' shorts, or something like that... A $3000 car with a $2800 repair-bill will often be sold for a few hundred bucks, and if you can swap an engine or tranny yourself, it can be really easy to get a great value -Berettas are so versatile in what fits them, parts will be available for a long time (mechanically speaking, of course -forget interior or trim).

I'm not sure what you are looking for, or where the car needs to be physically to be worth getting for you. But, there is the black GTZ for sale in Texas for $800, posted on here in the For Sale thread, that looks like a good starting point for someone, although it will need some work. There is a nice GT for sale on CL too, a V-6 5-speed digi-dash car, the engine is toast but the guy sounds like he would take a reasonable offer to keep it out of the scrap-yard. I got my 2nd Z-26 with relatively low miles (~105k) in nice shape, good paint, new tires, clean interior, etc for $400 with a knocking engine, and sold the 4T60E from it for $400, perfect as I wanted to swap-in a 5-speed and a different engine than a 3x00... There are options out there, if you can hold out for a good one. The price, condition, and value of these cars is all over the map right now, and the only statement about them that is true is that it is all changing, and you don't know what you will find tomorrow. :good: Good luck!

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26