needed

Post by brandongard »

i need a fog lamp for beretta z26

Styluss
Global Moderator

Re: needed

Post by Styluss »

Just one light? Which side??

And we do have a wanted ad section on the board FYI.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
brandongard

Post by brandongard »

Passenger but they flip flop mines cracked water gets in and blows the bulb

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

They CAN flip flop, but you need to pull the glass lens from the housing and turn it over if you put a left on the right side. The focusing in the glass is designed a specific way. If you look at the lens, they have stamped LH AND RH on BOTH top and bottom of the glass. You want the correct one to read right side up. SO, if you want to use a LH assembled light on the RH side, you need to pull the glass and turn it over. The housing has to be kept in the same position, but the glass is tapered thicker on one side, just so you know.

I had to rebuild the set I have now, so they were correct. So far they have worked perfect, though I know the bulbs generally never last much past 20k to 30k miles.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

13's or bust

Post by 13's or bust »

i have one, i pm'ed you. housing, light and light bulb. make me an offer with a zipcode for a good shipping quote.

"Berettas are like a sickness...and it's incurable." quoted from woody90gtz

96 z26, 3500 swap, currently awaiting Holset HX35 :) ,also 96 beretta, 3400 swap, rebuilt trans, 15.2 choked up with 3100 older uim & lim.
brandongard

Post by brandongard »

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

I have just glass lying around I'm sure. But I do not know which side it is...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

It doesn't matter Ryan. The glass can be used on either side, look carefully, you will see both RH and LH stamped in it, one at the top and one at the bottom in the center if held horizontally. Depending on which way your holding it, only one will read right side up, unless you turn it 180 degrees... All he has to do is separate the lens from the housing, clean the old silicone off, put in new (high temp black) silicone, and put them back together. Let them cure 24 hours then install.

I had to rebuild mine, because my housings were in decent shape, but one of my lenses got busted when I hit the deer. So I managed to salvage another lens from another bumper, but it originally was from the same side as my good one. No problem once I cleaned everything up and turned it the way I needed it to go.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan