I'm looking for a GTZ or Z26

List any Item for a Beretta that you want to purchase
cold_pyro

I'm looking for a GTZ or Z26

Post by cold_pyro »

Feeler: WTB GTZ or Z26, must be in decent shape, minor mechanical issues or other things no big deal.. No wrecks or rustbuckets. 3.1 V6 auto or manual with newer interior only please..
BLUE or BLACK only!
Stock or lightly modded I don't care as long as it's good enough to drive daily. Also, I'm not in a huge hurry since I'm waiting on a guy to buy my current car. I'm looking for something close to Clarksville, TN but I'm willing to travel for the right car under the right conditions.

DTMAce

Re: I'm looking for a GTZ or Z26

Post by DTMAce »

Well, too bad you are in TN, you could have mine.

94 Z26 3100 in bright aqua
Mostly stock
230,500 original miles - 1 owner, me and its well taken care of. Never smoked in.
Original engine/transmission
Sunroof installed one month after purchase
Have all original documentation, receipts, plates, head unit, manual, cassette tape, key blanks, wheel locks, all trunk items, etc.

Things done to it:

Repainted in Dec of 08
LIMG changed in 09
New tires in 08
New brakes/rotors/drums in 10
New front bearings and ball joints in 10
New muffler in 08
New carpet/repairs made to floorpan in 10
Newer style Sony headunit, complete with handsfree/bluetooth/mp3/iPod/iPhone support
200W 12" custom sub with properly installed amp wiring
Full LED exterior lighting. ALL lights except headlights and fogs are LED.
Alternator in 08
New gas tank in 09
New radiator in 09
"T" style shifter in 09

Known issues at the moment

Still gets a bit of floor leak in heavy rain, pretty sure I know where from, once I have time to try to get it sealed up.
Has some current voltage issues when hot. Either bad connection or bad alt again.
No A/C. Just needs a pump installed and recharged. Already have a pump for it.
Transmission and engine are original, never rebuilt. May need rebuilt/replaced before long. But so far holding up just fine. Using it currently as a DD myself.
Shocks and struts were replaced at or around 140k. So 90k on them. Original OEM standards.
Original wheels.
Just ordered new door decals for the Z26 logos, but not installed yet. No body side moldings, removed them to clean the look when repainted. Custom painted the rear tail and filler. Have a crack in the driver's side tail, but already have a good replacement, just need to paint to match.
Need to find some new visors for it. I plan to build a custom set, but whether that gets done before its sold, I dunno.
Get an occasional ABS light, but pretty sure that is related to the low voltage issue. Doesn't do it when the voltage is good.
Needs trim at the top of windshield.
Heater core works great. Was replaced in 04, as well as the steering rack and pump.

All the glass is original. Windshield shows its age, with pitting.
All the lights work, including the fogs. They were rebuilt when I repainted the car.
Nice clean front bumper, no sag and no plate or plate mount.

Lord knows what else I'm forgetting.
Air bag is not connected, but it should work fine just need to plug it in. (I don't like airbags)
Dual tone air horn. Louder than factory but sounds american at least

Only looking to get around 2k for it. I have way more in it, but then so does everyone else.

For more, see my project thread below, you can see all kinds of pics and info. Either I sell it or I don't. My plan is to keep it till its sold or no longer fixable.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

cold_pyro

Re: I'm looking for a GTZ or Z26

Post by cold_pyro »

DTMAce, thanks for your reply, I can see you've put a lot of hard work into your car! I had a '94 BlackRose Metallic Z back when I was in Highschool. The car blew the intake out and spun the bearings.. We sold it after I acquired another ride and I kick myself for getting rid of it instead of fixing it. Your car is very nice although it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I will see what else rolls in. I have found a few of these pretty close by, I just know that if the owners of the cars on this board are like the ones from back in the day, I'll be able to find a great car!

The only other cars I'm considering besides a Beretta Z are a Lesabre T-type and a Jeep commanche