HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers for BOSE?

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
timgerman

HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers for BOSE?

Post by timgerman »

HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers (front and back) for BOSE speakers? Is there a set of bose that will fit right in? Also, what is a good head unit to use with bose speakers?

'95 Z26 Black
zcylex

Re: HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers for BOSE?

Post by zcylex »

AFAIK BOSE only makes speakers for oems? Atleast for cars, but any 6x9s should fit your rear deck, i would go for kicker or rockford fosgate.

About the head unit it really depends on what features you need, be it satellite radio, BT conectivity and usb etc. i brought a kenwood bt955hd(180$) for my 88 retta

Also you can go to www.crutchfield.com to check some great systems(though i recommend checking the prices with ebay cause you can get stuff much cheaper for the same thing :)

Keep me posted and good luck

1988 Beretta GT 2.8L V6 - Yeah my Retta is a year older than me! :)
Work in Progress
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Crutchfield is quite cheap if you use retailmenot.com and get a coupon code... cheaper than ebay and comes with a warranty since they are authorized sellers of the brands... Remember that... some will not honor an ebay purchase.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

Well yeah, i overlooked that cause warranty wouldnt work for me, luckly i have never recieved any DOA or damaged stuff

Work in Progress
96B-Mike

Post by 96B-Mike »

polk audio all day

timgerman

Post by timgerman »

are the bose 6x9 ready to screw in or do they require modification? polk makes the front speakers?

'95 Z26 Black
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

any 6x9 should be ready to screw in, as thats the size on the rear panels. unless the have any kind of grill or extremely long voice coils? which i doubt

Work in Progress
timgerman

Post by timgerman »

im thinking about jlaudio speakers. would they plug right in to the factory wiring or is the plug different?

'95 Z26 Black
zcylex

Post by zcylex »

You will most likely have to modify the plug to make them fit as factory speakers come with an oem plug(you can also desolder the plug and solder it to the new speakers

Work in Progress
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

You can do much better than Bose speakers. I was always messing with the sound systems in my Berettas and the best sound is to get an amp to run your speakers. Swap out those oval 6x9s for some 6.5" round speakers. It depends on how much you want to spend. The rear speakers are the last speakers to worry about. I usually just disconnected them and had a great pair of component speakers up front. If you can spend the money an amplifier will make your speakers come to life. A good head unit and a great set of speakers up front is the best start and then go from there.

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

Bose automotive are for OEM applications. Bose tunes their speakers and amplifier to each car. Bose was never offered in a Beretta so as a system they will not work correctly. There are different generations of the Bose systems including some that use a woofer non direct speaker. Bose are 1-1.2 ohm impedance. Most auto systems are 4ohm impedance. While I am not entirely writing off OEM Bose many who have it change out bypass their Bose amplifiers and replace the speakers. The main reason is to ditch the 1-1.2 ohm systems.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
timgerman

Post by timgerman »

anyone use this head unit? is it a pretty good one?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT758HD ... etails-tab

i was thinking of using that head unit with these 2:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136TR600CX ... tml?tp=105
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_136TR690TX ... tml?tp=105

would this be a good sound system to listen to classical music (like Tchaikovsky)?

'95 Z26 Black
Koots

Post by Koots »

I picked up a set of Alpine Type-R 6.5" coaxials for dirt cheap and I'm very happy with them (got one in each door on my crew cab 2500HD). They aren't that great if you like a lot of bass, but they have great sound quality and clarity, which is what I prefer anyway. if I need Bass, I'll just pick up a decent 8" sub and nice amp to supplement.

I'm not much of a bass-head, so don't take my advice if you are lol.

timgerman

Post by timgerman »

thank you for your advice. i am not much of a bass person either, i just want it to sound clear and be able to produce the range of classical music.

I put those alpine 6x9 in my 89 cavalier. they are ok but not sure how long they will last as it says made in chine on them. i kinda want something with better quality for my beretta than the china made speakers. i was pissed when i got them in the mail and read the bottom, made in china.

'95 Z26 Black
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Um, alpine will last just fine... You must hate many electronics because A LOT is made in china...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"