how to get to the rear speakers

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
broski

Post by broski »

i have a huge sub in the trunk so its hard to get back there and i am unable to get the sub out to properly have a good look at the speakers...however from what i can see....the speakers are driled fro mthe top..but when i go into the cabbin..there is no way to lift the pantl in order to get to the speakers...i have a 1994 3.1 liter 6v beretta....if anyone has any suggestions on how to get to them..that would be very helpful...i am planning on getting sony xplode 6x9 speakers..i beleive thats the size.

thank you
dan

HateMyAuto

Post by HateMyAuto »

This has been covered several times, but never really answered. Having just done this two weeks ago, here's how it goes.
Remove the bottom cushion of the rear seats, just two bolts below the front of the cushion. Then comes the rear of the seat, you'll need torx bits, 47 I believe. After those two, you can lift up the seat off the two hooks holding it in, and then move it out. Two more torx bits (same size) are holding in the shoulder belts to the frame, they are a little trickier as there are the side trims somewhat covering them and will need to be pushed out of the way for removal.  Pop the little plastic covers on the rear deck for the seat belts and pull them down the belt and off. Unscrew the two hooks at the tops of the rear windows, and then pull the plastic trim pieces off. I found it easier to pull from the rear wind shield and move forward. There are about 4 plastic clips securing each piece, just pull, they shouldn't break. If they do, a little glue goes a long way. Finally, pull the deck out. You don't have to pull the seatbelts out nor take the deck out of the car to remove the speakers, but you can if it's in your way. Installation is the reverse.

'96 Z26 Now with 10% more displacement
'94 Camaro
broski

Post by broski »

thank you so much, this is increadibly helpful.

Jeff P

Post by Jeff P »

Heh, that's one reason I'm glad I have an older Beretta...Drop-out speakers with no disassembly required!  Course it makes it easier to steal the speakers, I guess, so it's a trade-off.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
Icemanmikewi

Post by Icemanmikewi »

After I pulled out the stock ones, I  bolted the new speakers from the bottom up with self tapping screws. The catch is that was back in 99.....I think they will need to be replaced about every 10 years

Avoiding stock since 97'
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Pulling th back speakers is easy after you do it a few times. I can get the back seat out of a retta in 5 minutes flat.     But the best thing to do is rip the back speakers out completely. Put some 6.5s up front and you'll never need those back ones ever again.

91Beretta3.1

Re: how to get to the rear speakers

Post by 91Beretta3.1 »

Jeff P wrote:Heh, that's one reason I'm glad I have an older Beretta...Drop-out speakers with no disassembly required!  Course it makes it easier to steal the speakers, I guess, so it's a trade-off.
haha i was going to say the same thing i love my 91

GOTTA HAVE LOVE FOR RETTA'S
unsmart1

Re: how to get to the rear speakers

Post by unsmart1 »

Jeff P wrote:Heh, that's one reason I'm glad I have an older Beretta...Drop-out speakers with no disassembly required!  Course it makes it easier to steal the speakers, I guess, so it's a trade-off.
X2!

I bolted mine back in so they dont drop out anymore...im not a fan of getting my sh!t jacked so i make it a beeatch to get back out for that reason. Same with my subs. : )

'86 Dodge Ramcharger 2wd- 360, "X" heads, bored .020 over, decked .010, 833 4spd, 3:55 gear.
'88 base/z-z51 supension, '93 olds 3.1, more stuff than its worth.