Sound System Upgrade.

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
Smonirh

Sound System Upgrade.

Post by Smonirh »

Hey guys,

To start off it’s great to be on this forum and it’s going to be good talking to all you guys, also I had no idea where to post this so if it is in the wrong area let me know and I will move it.

I want to upgrade my cars sound system. actually, I wanna make more sounds so I think I should change my speaker and replace with good one. so guys any help? or do you have something that can help me? BTW I visit this site https://www.icrfq.com/ there is many of them, So I can't decide. this is why i am here .

GT_Indy

Re: Sound System Upgrade.

Post by GT_Indy »

This is what I have in my 96 Beretta if you want to compare (More photos in the for sale listing):

Pioneer 25 Watt rms 50 watt Peek head unit, 4 outputs, Front L/R, Rear L/R.
Front Alpine 4x6 speakers, 2 channel.
Rear Sony Xplode 3 channel speakers 6x9.

RCA cables to my Alpine Sub amp, 300 Watt RMS and about 600 Watt Peek if I remember right.
And two 12" subs, polypropylene and stainless cone configuration.

Gives great tone quality along the ranges, and hits the bass good. But I'm not trying to win competitions so its not over the top.
Works great on the stock battery and alternator, haven't had issues there.
I like it because I can change my settings in my Pioneer radio on the go without having to set amp dials, although my alpine amp does have Low pass, high pass, and boost dials on it but I never change those.

Something similar might be good for you, maybe a higher powered amp if you like louder bass? idk.
I spent about 900 on parts, everything was bought new at the time.

Sometimes you an find like new audio stuff at places like good will, but make sure you have them hook it all up and test it before you but the stuff, I once bought a set of used alpine 6x9 speakers for a different Beretta which turned out to be partially blown a long time ago.

If you add a higher powered radio, make sure you run a new fused wire with the proper size fuse and proper wire gauge for the radio so ou don't go burning existing fuses as they factory fuse setup isn't made to account for radio upgrades.
Same with adding amps, add a properly sized wire with the proper size fuse.
A neat job will last a long time, crimp connectors or solder and heat shrink tubing, I personally like to solder everything with heat shrink.

You don't have to cut an opening for the rear 6x9 speakers like I did, I wanted them to show through, but its not necessary. If you do, make sure you don't cut to much material away.
Attachments
36.jpg
33.jpg
13.jpg