How to install cd player in 88-90 Beretta.

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
BerettaMN

How to install cd player in 88-90 Beretta.

Post by BerettaMN »

Well most of everyone on here probably knows this but I thought I would post a how to since I never installed a cd player on a beretta and did it today. I will post some pictures and a small list of what's needed.
METRA Ltd 99-3101 88-90 Chevy Corisica/beretta Radio Install Kit
METRA #70-1858 Harness adapter
Some electrical tape or wire crimps to connect the cd player to harness adapter
Couple of sockets
A antenna adapter if you want to listen to the radio I never do. Just wire your cd player to the harness adapter and you are ready to start.
First step: Remove 2 small screws out from under the plastic dash piece and remove the dash plastic.
Next remove 2 screws from each top corner of the radio then 2 screws on each bottom corner under the radio, then carefully pull that out the ac/heater controls are still conected.
Now you need to remove the 4 screws on each back corner of the heater controls, I did it this way because I was scared of breaking the connectors or lines.
Now that its off transfer the clear plastic piece from the stock radio to the back of the install kit along with the black rings or it will look like crap when it lights up without this.
Now screw the heater controls to the back of this like it was on the stock radio. Hand tighten the screws or carefully with the socket or you will strip out the cheap plastic.
Put it back together in reverse order and your all set.
Image Have fun trying to get the cd player all the way in due to no room in the dash there is not enough room to push it all the way in.
Last edited by BerettaMN on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wanako

Re: How to install cd player in 88-90 Beretta.

Post by Wanako »

Yup mine never fit all the way in either.

GTZryda

Post by GTZryda »

You have to cut away at the plastic backing to have it fit rite.

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
themixer

Post by themixer »

ya it only takes a few min with a dermal tool just be careful not to hit any wires

Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Good Writeup. One recomendation is to circle the screws so people know were they are in the photo's.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
Thompson128

Post by Thompson128 »

If you do like a catortionist and reach behind the deck and push wires into the slot it fits, I've got mine in and i got 4 rca outs, the pioneer power distortion block, antenna adapter all behind mine w/o cutting