Stopping Rattles! Alternative to Dynamat

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
Trevor

Stopping Rattles! Alternative to Dynamat

Post by Trevor »

Tired of your trunk rattling? Can't throw out the big bucks for Dynamat? Check this out!

YouTube Video

Peel and Seal... Prices may vary in your area.

(I am sorry if this is considered to be in the wrong section of the forums)

beretta

Re: Stopping Rattles! Alternative to Dynamat

Post by beretta »

Interesting.. Next stop the building supply store. lol.

not that it makes much difference at the moment, im running a old piece of junk 250 watt amp that looks like its been through the war. it was free and it works my rockford blew some resistors and having trouble finding them cheap to see if i can repair it.

With the carpeted trunk they dont rattle too badly, my exact same system in the 96 rather then the 88 sounds more solid.

This stuff looks like a great idea though, thanks for the post :)

Can anyone find a similar alternative for us Canadians, i cant seem to find it on Home Depot or Rona website.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

From what I understand the peel and seal roofing material stinks pretty bad when you first install it, I have not tried it myself though.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, lots of guys on NastyZ28 have done it. The typical procedure is to let it bake in the sun with the windows down for a few days to get rid of the smell.

I'm torn between stopping rattles in my car that are annoying, or adding a lot of weight with sound deadener. Peel & Seal, Dynmat, etc are quite heavy. DEI has a new sound deadener on the market that is more lightweight, but it's big bucks.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube