New old school Pheonix Gold amp

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
smgreen20

Re: New old school Pheonix Gold amp

Post by smgreen20 »

A friend of mine, BigDwiz, has a youtube page, oldschoolstereo, and he benches a lot of amps. He might've benched one of these too. I know he did an MS275. Rated to do 300 x 1 @ 4 ohms, only did 280's.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Not too far off there. I just kind of remember one that was rated a 1000 watts or more. They tested it and it made the rating and then burned out quick.
I just trust something more if it does what's advertised or has fail safes.
All I have owned is Jenson amps. I liked the fact that they ran 12v vs 14 or more. My friend was the one with the Lanzar and taught me a few things.

keep'em flying!
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

The MS2250 is rated to do 1050 x 1 @ 4 ohms. That might be the one you're thinking of.
The caps used then had issues. They don't last long and are prone to leaking. It's was a huge batch, so huge that the batch lasted for years. And sadly it took years to find that out. If an all has a leaking cap, it will let the smoke Jeanie out.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

We had that same problem with cheap capacitors from China on computers. Lost a few power supplys to that and one mobo.

keep'em flying!