HU mounting

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
berettaboy

HU mounting

Post by berettaboy »

How do you guys have your head units installed? My dash kit thing shakes like crazy and I'm afraid its hurting my HU

Any info links or pics would be appreciated :)

Thanks, kyle

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

96 BRM base converted to Z26 - 2012 bfest winner, best stock engine bay
94 BAM Z26 - bought with 1 owner from VA
berettaboi

Re: HU mounting

Post by berettaboi »

there are a few ways, most mounting kits when installed properly should support the deck fine. i made a mount plate out of a compu case side... looks ok, but not so pretty where it meets the stock bezel. it's just cut to size and wedged in the front, and i cut a bit of the supports at the very back for more depth, and the back of the deck now rests up there as well. sorry i dont have any pics...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
berettaboy

Post by berettaboy »

berettaboi wrote:there are a few ways, most mounting kits when installed properly should support the deck fine. i made a mount plate out of a compu case side... looks ok, but not so pretty where it meets the stock bezel. it's just cut to size and wedged in the front, and i cut a bit of the supports at the very back for more depth, and the back of the deck now rests up there as well. sorry i dont have any pics...
Well the current one I have one of the mounting points broke so its literally hanging on by one bolt. Haha I'd like a custom one that looks good but idk how to go about doing it because I don't think ill have enough depth. The dash kit I have gives me like 2 extra inches

berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

yeah, if you pull it all out and look, you have a bit of room for trimming at the upper area.

i never liked how all the kits are simple 'bump it out' kits. i dont mind digging a bit to get back that depth needed for flush mount.

look into the MRZ face/bezel... i would have gotten one of them, but dont have much spare money to throw around as i like...

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

You can cut out the piece of plastic behind the radios and get it to flush mount. I think I just ripped it off the piece of metal is's mounted to. I did that when I had my 93 Beretta and with some finessing you can get it mounted flush. Takes some time to get the wires in just the right spot but it can be done.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Mine is solid. But I put in supports made of wood actually, both above and below the unit, just big enough to make it tight to the faceplate adapter. It doesn't wiggle or anything. Rock solid. Basically something like 3/4 x 1" x width of the HU, so it doesn't cover the vents.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

berettaboy

Post by berettaboy »

DTMAce wrote:Mine is solid. But I put in supports made of wood actually, both above and below the unit, just big enough to make it tight to the faceplate adapter. It doesn't wiggle or anything. Rock solid. Basically something like 3/4 x 1" x width of the HU, so it doesn't cover the vents.
If you ever get a chance could you take a few pics of that set up