gtz vs some @$$ in an suv

Kept for archival purposes only
speedygtz

Post by speedygtz »

im heading down rt209 and were it splits i go in the passing lane and started passing peaple that had no power to go.im heading up the hill about 70 in a 55 zone and i notice this silver suv riding my @$$ so i go to the normal lane to let him pass....  

he then procedes to challenge me so i figured what do i got to loose so i start racing him and now im doing about 95-105 when some @$$ in a brown piece of **** rusty smokey car pulls out about 50ft ahead of me so i rapidly slow down when the suv passed me i was in shock and MAD as all hell

the next time i see him im going to make sure he knows its a gtz passing his fat @$$ and im ganna make darn sure he doesnt see it coming couse ill be up behind him and gone before he can blink an eye

why do some peaple (not all peaple just most) with suv's think they run the road?

the z26 is on the road!
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

So you want to do the "fly by" ?
I would rechallenged the shoe box.

They feel they own the road, in my opinion, because it's a bigger vehicle.  Size matters....    :-\

_________
-------------
speedygtz

Post by speedygtz »

lol yea but the thing is im dont realy no who it was or were there from i usally dont go on that road just once a month or so to open her  up and make sure shes not feeling negleted of all her power

for a 3.1 she sure is quick on the get go but after about 95 she strugles to push any hire and i dont want to stress her out lol u no what i mean...

the z26 is on the road!
paintgod93

Post by paintgod93 »

Berettas are slow. Stop racing on public roads and making yourself look stupid.

1996 zed26 Worst
2000 Katana Better
2006 Gsx-R Best
berettajunkie1991

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

stop dumping on berettas! seriously do you have nothing better to do? for a cheap reliable car and modest power to weight ratio maybe you just sit back and say nothing we are looking for positive reinforcement we cannot help if you had a beretta and you- made it slow.

payback

Post by payback »

agreed-sadly, and as far as racing on public roads maybe if someone on here is illegaly street racing and dumps it itll make the papers and before you know it theyll be makin F&F movies about mid nineties fwd v6 cars and not 4cyl hondas, after all the cars were never fast or popular until someone actually said F*** U ill make it fast.

'96Z26:Eibach springs, KYB struts, GM Strut brace, K&N cone
Z26er

Post by Z26er »

you know, makign power isn't exactly the hard part, it's putting that power to the groudn without grenading the tranny that's the hard part.

Hell if i wanted hellacious power and could afford a new tranny every time i tromped on it my setup would probably be something like this:

Hone ported and polished STOCK 3100 SFI intake plenums
750CC injectors
3 bar MAP sensor
bored TB
twin T super 60 turbo chargers set at 15 lbs each
custom turbo manifolds
bar and plate style intercooler
CO2 intercooler "freeze" kit
electromotive Programmable EMS
custom reground crank at 220 degree duration intake 215 exhuast at .050 lift
triple valve springs
1.6:1 ratio roller rockers
titanium keepers and pushrods
high volume oil pump.
wideband o2 sensor
oh yeah.. and a corresponding blow off valve..

As i said.. end result would be grenaded tranny everytime you hit the boost in any gear other then probably 3rd.. or OD

Boost is addictive, more boost is more addictive
90 TSI FWD: will get fixed someday.. maybe..
86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.
stevetweis

Post by stevetweis »

ahh man I hate SUV's and trucks.  IT seems they are doing **** illegally at all times, no blinkers, illegal right on reds, passing on double lines, passing through intersections.  I'm a pretty calm driver, I stay 5 miles over the speed limit on cruise control and these assholes always seem to ride my *** and pass me.  
sometimes when I see one of these guys coming and I know they're going to pass, I wait til they get next to me and take off until they have to get back behind me, then I drive slow *** hell, it pisses them off so much.

tweekster64

Post by tweekster64 »

Beretta is an underestimated car, and youcan put afew ponies in reserve and not worry about grenading the tranny, GOD!, the stuff I put my 88 GT thru before she died!!

1991 Ford F150 Lariat XLT ext cab-short box
1990 Lincoln Town Car
   I'll have another Beretta someday
yellow3800

Post by yellow3800 »

I don't use speed to dick with SUV drivers.  I do keep myself entertained while remaining undercover.  No I will not race or run with an suv, especially in the lemon - NOT THE SAME CLASS, so screw that.  We all hate how they lane-change and pass in the right lane,  so I PREVENT IT.  I never let anyone pass me from the right lane.  I don't do anything illegal, which is why it gets really fun.  Just speed up enough so that [okay, speed limit may exceed 5mph or so usually] they cannot move around you because more than likely they will be stopped by another car in the slow lane ahead of them.  If there is not another car in the slow lane ahead of them, then WE should be in the slow lane to begin with.  Study these stupid Urban Vanity vehicles and lane changes can be blocked .  When an SUV is behind you, look in your rearview mirror at their tire track as you drive; shake the beretta from side to side about 2 seconds to move from the left-most part of your lane to the right most part of the lane.  I bet you the SUV will track with your car than to pay attention to the actual road - they are fixated on the bumper of the car in front of them.  I do have fun with this idea in the twisties, by jerking into an apex at last minute [slow speed allows this].  I've heard their abs lock up from 4 car lengths away because they are looking at me, not the road as they should - ALL WITHIN THE SPEED LIMIT.  

What else do I do?  lol.  Another popular for multi-lane traffic is blocking these shoeboxes [I like that one!] into the slow lanes by navigating  strategically to force them right and then be in lane #2 from the right and hold them there while a slow vehicle traps them.  Sure, they should drop back and pass you on the left, which is okay if they do.  They just better be ready when I move to the left-most part of my lane if they don't use their blinker to chang lanes so I 'scrunch' them to pay attention to their track between their own lines.  It just makes them nervous because they aren't that good of drivers.  oh, making up a stat o nthe spot, 1 in 20 will not be phased with this, then again, this is a Tennessee stat. that I have experienced.... apparatnly the news said this state has the most curteous drivers, so its probably less elsewhere, which translates to MORE OPPORTUNITY!

Just remember SUV... I don't have a speed limiter, and have better brakes.

Andy

Z26er

Post by Z26er »

I usually throw whatever remains of my dollar menu double cheeseburger at their windshield, that is on days that i eat McDonalds of course, which isn't very often.

Boost is addictive, more boost is more addictive
90 TSI FWD: will get fixed someday.. maybe..
86 conquest TSi: The new toy,  boosted RWD is fun.. till you snap lug nut studs although no 1st gear kinda SUCKS!
95 Beretta Z26: i don't think i'll ever get rid of this thing, i've tried already.
3100SFI

Post by 3100SFI »

(yellow3800 @ Feb. 22 2007,10:00)QUOTEI don't use speed to dick with SUV drivers.  I do keep myself entertained while remaining undercover.  No I will not race or run with an suv, especially in the lemon - NOT THE SAME CLASS, so screw that.  We all hate how they lane-change and pass in the right lane,  so I PREVENT IT.  I never let anyone pass me from the right lane.  I don't do anything illegal, which is why it gets really fun.  Just speed up enough so that [okay, speed limit may exceed 5mph or so usually] they cannot move around you because more than likely they will be stopped by another car in the slow lane ahead of them.  If there is not another car in the slow lane ahead of them, then WE should be in the slow lane to begin with.  Study these stupid Urban Vanity vehicles and lane changes can be blocked .  When an SUV is behind you, look in your rearview mirror at their tire track as you drive; shake the beretta from side to side about 2 seconds to move from the left-most part of your lane to the right most part of the lane.  I bet you the SUV will track with your car than to pay attention to the actual road - they are fixated on the bumper of the car in front of them.  I do have fun with this idea in the twisties, by jerking into an apex at last minute [slow speed allows this].  I've heard their abs lock up from 4 car lengths away because they are looking at me, not the road as they should - ALL WITHIN THE SPEED LIMIT. ÂÂÂ

What else do I do?  lol.  Another popular for multi-lane traffic is blocking these shoeboxes [I like that one!] into the slow lanes by navigating  strategically to force them right and then be in lane #2 from the right and hold them there while a slow vehicle traps them.  Sure, they should drop back and pass you on the left, which is okay if they do.  They just better be ready when I move to the left-most part of my lane if they don't use their blinker to chang lanes so I 'scrunch' them to pay attention to their track between their own lines.  It just makes them nervous because they aren't that good of drivers.  oh, making up a stat o nthe spot, 1 in 20 will not be phased with this, then again, this is a Tennessee stat. that I have experienced.... apparatnly the news said this state has the most curteous drivers, so its probably less elsewhere, which translates to MORE OPPORTUNITY!

Just remember SUV... I don't have a speed limiter, and have better brakes.

Andy
Perhaps YOU should move into the right lane, so the SUV wouldn't have to....

Kyle
2003 VW New Beetle
yellow3800

Post by yellow3800 »

I never go slow in the left lane... in fact, I do most all my driving in the right lane, until passing.  The way it should be!

3100SFI

Post by 3100SFI »

I never said you go slow in the left lane.
If there is someone attempting to pass you in the right lane, then someone behind you is traveling, or wanting to to travel, faster than you. If you don't want them to pass you on the right, you should be curtious and move into the right lane so they can pass you in the left lane.

Kyle
2003 VW New Beetle
Jeff P

Post by Jeff P »

Sidenote, here you have to pass in the right lane or you'll never get anywhere My driving has gotten so much worse since I got here.  I think I want to move back to L.A.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi