Beretta 1/4 mile times

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
LX9Power

Re: Beretta 1/4 mile times

Post by LX9Power »

3X00-Modified wrote:What does that have to do with anything? Some choose not to daily drive the car to save on wear and tear on parts. My car could be daily driven but it would beat the crap out of it. I want the car to last for a while. At least I can pull off a 12 and still drive it to bfest every year I attend. ;)

Oh and btw, my daily driver is probably much faster than a 14.8 anyways... ;)
what your saying it has to do with anything? seriously? I live in Canada where car gets eaten alive by salt and Potholes. I believe your car is capable of it but would you do it? It's still a summer ride. You know a beretta for a daily that is modified can cause a lot of headache that you don't have.

4wd brand new Legacy? Sure it's faster then 14 no doubt about that but did I ever talk about Your other rides?I thought we were on a Beretta site? I could talk about my friend who drives a 12 second stang as a Daily in winter, but that is like measuring e-p****

And 3400-mod I got nothing against you and it was not aimed at you. Someone didn't like a criticism about his car and got piss that's why it all started.
1988GTU wrote:I daily drive mine. However I choose to not drive it in the winter/snow.
Highly understandable, I would be pissed to see you drive you car in winter/snow

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

LX9Power wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:What does that have to do with anything? Some choose not to daily drive the car to save on wear and tear on parts. My car could be daily driven but it would beat the crap out of it. I want the car to last for a while. At least I can pull off a 12 and still drive it to bfest every year I attend. ;)

Oh and btw, my daily driver is probably much faster than a 14.8 anyways... ;)
what your saying it has to do with anything? seriously? I live in Canada where car gets eaten alive by salt and Potholes. I believe your car is capable of it but would you do it? It's still a summer ride. You know a beretta for a daily that is modified can cause a lot of headache that you don't have.

4wd brand new Legacy? Sure it's faster then 14 no doubt about that but did I ever talk about Your other rides?I thought we were on a Beretta site? I could talk about my friend who drives a 12 second stang as a Daily in winter, but that is like measuring e-p****

And 3400-mod I got nothing against you and it was not aimed at you. Someone didn't like a criticism about his car and got piss that's why it all started.
1988GTU wrote:I daily drive mine. However I choose to not drive it in the winter/snow.
Highly understandable, I would be pissed to see you drive you car in winter/snow
Question still stands... Why should the list be cleared of non daily drivers. A 1/4 mile time is a 1/4 mile time and for example my car is not a daily because I choose that, NOT because it can't do it, I don't want it to rust away. As I stated its not a strip only setup it's 100% street legal passes emissions and still has AC and a full interior. Some of the Daily drivers that have posted times don't even fit that full criteria...

So my point is I could argue and say pull all those off the list that have done weight reduction and see where I stand, but I don't.

I think what Robert didn't realize is that was a 14.8 with a 4t60e... Not a 5-speed.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

3X00-Modified wrote:Question still stands... Why should the list be cleared of non daily drivers. A 1/4 mile time is a 1/4 mile time and for example my car is not a daily because I choose that, NOT because it can't do it, I don't want it to rust away. As I stated its not a strip only setup it's 100% street legal passes emissions and still has AC and a full interior. Some of the Daily drivers that have posted times don't even fit that full criteria...

So my point is I could argue and say pull all those off the list that have done weight reduction and see where I stand, but I don't.

I think what Robert didn't realize is that was a 14.8 with a 4t60e... Not a 5-speed.
What happens when you have old car daily driven? Everything breaks and you have to have a balance between power and Reliability and Longevity. When you build your car for summer ride what breaks on it? what you break on the track. When I said to Robert that is daily driven It meant that anything that I would do to it, swap parts upgrades etc... it would have to work the next day so I can go to work. That's why I did not use my Vortech V5. Would It be fast? Sure with 300HP and as much torque but would the car last? hmm...

Building a track summer machine to do low time is easier.Building a machine that will last through the 1/4mile and still get you to school the next day and year, without alerting all the cops around, Is a little harder.
Hey don't take my words for it Honda-tech has official 1/4 thread for their daily and so does many other forums.

when I said remove the non-daily my car didn't become the best street driven one, Barry old car is still WAY faster then me and so as many other else. It just removed the machine built for a purpose ( the big drag racing beasts)

Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

awesome times man=)
Last edited by Robert 89gt on Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

Robert 89gt wrote:I realized it was a automatic.But seeing woody do a 14.9 with headers and a cutout.I would think 20 more HP would do a little better.I drove my car 600 miles this weekend.Then did 8 dyno pulls=) I don't like driving my car to work because i get very dirty at my job.And love the car to much to trash it.
Woodys car was gutted. he did had to remove some weight witch I didn't. I did it with all my seat , my spare tire my tools and a full tank of gas.And if you read correctly, I did it a 96+ mile per hour. Woody did it at what 92? what does it tell you?

Oh and i'm impress you did 600 mile to get to the dyno. I do 300 KM per week and did more then 100 runs at the drag strip, autocross. Oh I love my car but can't afford (or have to place to store) another car. That's why I kept it.

Belive me If I had another car I would be in the 12 a LONG time ago

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

LX9Power wrote: Woodys car was gutted. he did had to remove some weight witch I didn't. I did it with all my seat , my spare tire my tools and a full tank of gas.And if you read correctly, I did it a 96+ mile per hour. Woody did it at what 92? what does it tell you?
That tells you he had a 3400 and you had a 3500... TUNED... his was OBD1.5 untunable.

lets stop trying to split hairs here there is no point.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, mine was gutted and ran 92.5 IIRC. The next year was 93.6 but the trans was wheezed and the 60's sucked. It did not have headers though, Rob.

Anything under 15 is pretty decent for a daily driver. And considering how slow these cars are stock makes it more of an accomplishment.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

I will update all this later this evening.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
LX9Power

Post by LX9Power »

3X00-Modified wrote:
LX9Power wrote: Woodys car was gutted. he did had to remove some weight witch I didn't. I did it with all my seat , my spare tire my tools and a full tank of gas.And if you read correctly, I did it a 96+ mile per hour. Woody did it at what 92? what does it tell you?
That tells you he had a 3400 and you had a 3500... TUNED... his was OBD1.5 untunable.

lets stop trying to split hairs here there is no point.
This conversation was done yesterday and Some of the post were deleted. And why do you want to had to a conversation that you know finished badly yesterday?

You know what this is staring to become a kid game for no reason I'm out of this cr**

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

Updated. Could everyone please look through the list and see if you can update anything for dates, Please?

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

My latest times are from 10-8-11. It also ran 14.46 when the trans started acting up in 4th. Looking at the date from my best 4t60e run I see it took me 5 years to drop 1/2 sec. haha

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Thats because your car sits longer than you drive it... when was the last time you touched it recently? FIX THE DAMN TRANSMISSION!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:Thats because your car sits longer than you drive it... when was the last time you touched it recently? FIX THE DAMN TRANSMISSION!
haha

Yes, ma'am.

I was actually just updating my build thread.

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

6/27/12 I ran a 14.169@98.92 the slip is on facebook if thats ok?

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

Updated...

To many mods to list

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26