The Old Man is going Turbo! NOT!!

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Asylum

Re: The Old Man is going Turbo!

Post by Asylum »

No it's just as nice!

But think about it. The guy who I'm betting will win that (Quickest Power-Adder) also has his car in my garage, and just so happens to be the guy who tunes my car.

Macy's doesn't tell J.C. Penny everything, LOL!

So you pick your battles!

Hahaha! Besides I really want to stay N/A when it comes down to it.

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Who says either of you will even be able to make it next year... LOL

I've seen Rodney at only the Niagara event and that was only at the strip when he had free time ;) I know he's a busy guy, and HOPEFULLY he'll be able to make it next year.

I think I've also won my sets of trophies and It's going to take a lot from my end to woo more people into voting for my car, OR compete in the drag racing again. I hit a peak when I first built this car... Now more people are putting money into the V6 motors, and I haven't really improved it since it was built in 07, so I need to do something and with house purchase this year, its not gonna be at the 2010 event, that's for sure.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Well I'll be there, at least as things stand now.

Of course I can't speak for Rodney, and I have no idea about his work obligations this far in advance, but I'm going to lean awfully hard to get him there.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

KFLO 93 GT

Re: The Old Man is going Turbo! NOT!!

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I get it... you just stay to stay ahead of the 5 speed cars and do it N/A for bragging rights. :P LOL

This should be interesting though, I hope you're going to do a high compression, big ass cam with a lot of port work 3500... That I truly would like to see, plus, the more torque the merrier for the automatic, it just makes it work better. ;)

Have you thought about any weight reduction for the car, or custom suspension items? We need someone with some pull to get some full front coilovers made, or a some carbon fiber body items - I mean cripes even the 2nd gen Jbody guys have/had a cf hood option... < /going off topic and semi ricer...>

93 GTs
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

I don't think he is going that far into the 3500. Weight reduction is cheating unless you declare it a track only car not to be driven on the streets. The tools that drive their rice burners on the streets with no interiors look like idiots.

His cam isn't super big. The duration is pretty good but nothing like SuperDave's but Dave's is so long that he is having piston and valve interference on stock headgaskets. Too big of a cam is going to require a higher idle and with an auto that won't be good unless you have a high ass stall to help keep the thing from creeping forward with your foot on the brakes... lol

KFLO, my motor is what you said, aside from the BIGASS part of the cam and .1L less.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Weight reduction?? OK I may take the spare tire out and skip lunch. I will NOT take out the interior or in any way make the car look anything but absolutely stock.

This motor is going to be "alittle" more serious. The 14.0 motor is going on the engine stand and will become the spare.

The car will be driven to Chicago, beat the hell out of, and driven home. (It's 9 hours. Done it 2 times already!)

And it is still going to be the one to beat N/A, LOL!

Suspension wise??? It only needs to go in a straight line and stop at the end, so other than shock travel stops in the rear, likely no changes to the KYB/Canuck set up.

Fun times, good people and lousy American beer! (And I'm NOT drinking any Pink Stuff! Albany reference, sorry.)

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

i wanna see videos when the new cammed engine goes in.

im curious to what time it will run in the 1/4.

you and dave should get together and do a heads up , when he gets the 3500 in the camaro.

so are you going to bring this beast to albany this year.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Still shooting for 13.2? Thats gonna be TOUGH!

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

13.2 would be nice, but unlikely. 13.50's are a little more realistic.

And yes! The car will be in Albany.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

I didn't mean weight reduction like stripping the car, that's why I mentioned carbon fiber items. A hood and a trunk lid could be painted to match and shave 40 or more pounds still.

Weight reduction is one area I want to focus, but I agree that driving around with no interior is retarded. Weight reduction helps everywhere. In the go fast, the stop fast and the turn fast. Anyways I'll stop being OT again.

:)

93 GTs
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

There are two, maybe three cars that will be able to challenge this car N/A.

Barry if he stays N/A. He's potentially scary with that Megasquirt, and has proven he can drive the car!

Alex if he can make it, but that is a long haul for him.

And the one or two other "promised" builds that may or may not ever see the light of day.

This is going to be VERY INTERESTING indeed!

I'll have 30-40 competitive runs on it before it heads to Chicago in June, so the "bugs" will be worked out.

And 3400's need not apply! ROFL!!

Spending almost $10,000 on a stupid little car for braggng rights no one really cares about? IDIOTIC!

Spending that money to embarrass 60's muscle cars? PRICELESS!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Image The build is there, just a matter of putting it in the car when outside isn't so cold it will freeze your balls off!

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

IsaacHayes wrote:just a matter of putting it in the car when outside isn't so cold it will freeze your balls off!
Thats where your wrong... Thats when your supposed to work on the car because its the OFF Season. DURRRR lol... its been nice up here and I'm still driving my car once and a while... I'm shortening my time to work every day I take it to work.... But it's so much fun to drive! LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

3X00-Modified wrote:
IsaacHayes wrote:just a matter of putting it in the car when outside isn't so cold it will freeze your balls off!
Thats where your wrong... Thats when your supposed to work on the car because its the OFF Season. DURRRR lol... its been nice up here and I'm still driving my car once and a while... I'm shortening my time to work every day I take it to work.... But it's so much fun to drive! LOL
still driving it around.
i figured mine would have been put away a month ago. i figure maybe at least till the end of december and hopefully a few weeks in january so i can get a sticker and then its going to bed.

buy a heater issac. i got a 85,000 btu propane heater and an electric one for when the propane runs out. it doesnt get sweaty hot but enough so you dont notice its cold out.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

99GaGT3X00 wrote:i got a 85,000 btu propane heater and an electric one for when the propane runs out. it doesnt get sweaty hot but enough so you dont notice its cold out.
On my christmas list, along with a Woodstove for the garage... Might have to wait till next summer but I also want to insulate the garage... I'll probably do it with the blue 1-2" thick foam insulation so I can cover it with some sort of ply wood or wainscoting or something, which would leave the beams exposed rather than doing drywall since the look of the beams are nice.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"