The Old Man is going Turbo! NOT!!

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
99GaGT3X00

Re: The Old Man is going Turbo! NOT!!

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

i got the heater last year came in handy but the 20lb tank goes quick, prob get about 15hrs on full blast. i want to get a bigger tank maybe a 40lb one, but still have size that isnt a pain to get filled again. id love a woodstove maybe next year.

i still would like to get the air compressor all wired up. one of these weekends. id also like to get doors for either side of the garage to hold in what little heat i do make.

anything is better than straight cold.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

its amazing what we will do for lil more performance out of our car even if it means freezing our ass off to egt it done as i put a motor in my car and will wait til spring to put my headers in so the salt dont get to them

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

eric you should put this in the gtz you have at your vacation home nothing like a clean white gtz that is quick as crap

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Fat lot of good a heater would do since I'd be outside dropping a motor in... I can barely pull the car in and get the door closed length wise, (good luck getting to the other side of the car) width wise I can barely open the door and "ooze" out of the car. No way I'd be able to drop an engine into a car or anything without the door open and the hoist outside.. The roof isn't tall enough even if the garage was long enough... Having a single car garage (if you can call it that) with a washer and dryer on one side and a water heater and support post on the other is not a good workshop. Oh and the door is a single solid door from the 1950's. I have a garage, but it's not much of one. And if there is snow on the ground you're not getting to the garage. The driveway looks like a damn 45* slope, and it has a 90* turn to the garage. A Beretta is at the limit for getting high centered at the top of it... LOL Winter time = no parking on drive way or you slide down into the woods... What's funny is I've had the car parked on the drive way and had a garden hose and decided to rinse the car off, and sprayed the bottom of the wheels and the car started to slide and catch!!! I don't recall what tires I had on at the time. I hate all the damn hills here makes winter driving blow. It's no fun either when it rains with a clutch and starting out from a dead stop on a slick hill either.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...