Interest Topic: BFest 2010 Drag Racing: Heads up Quick 16

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
woody90gtz

Re: Interest Topic: BFest 2010 Drag Racing: Heads up Quick 1

Post by woody90gtz »

I think the ones you have listed sound good.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I thought it was always quickest forced induction not overall entry.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Rex 2.0 wrote:I thought it was always quickest forced induction not overall entry.
It's pretty much the same thing. Nitrous, turbo, blower. With some of the cars out there I seriously doubt a N/A car is going to claim that one.

I have always called it Quickest Overall Entry, but it may have been called something else previous to that.

:good:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It was quickest Forced Induction before, But I like the label of quickest overall, since I'm not "forced induction" technically... ;)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I know it is highly unlikely but it is always a possibility. I find it a little unfair that turbo and blower guys only get one category when every one else gets two. Lets say their are two FI cars their and both have issues and have crappy times. Any other car then has the ability to win both category.

Just my .02.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Rex 2.0 wrote:I know it is highly unlikely but it is always a possibility. I find it a little unfair that turbo and blower guys only get one category when every one else gets two. Lets say their are two FI cars their and both have issues and have crappy times. Any other car then has the ability to win both category.

Just my .02.
You do make a good point there Pat..... If its not already made maybe it should say Quickest Assisted V6... Something that doesn't say forced induction directly and can encompass turbo, SC, and N2O

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

I'm not sure I get the issue on that one... Isn't that the case with any car in any class? From the list I saw from Eric cars will only fit within one class, so if they have a crappy run they will probably lose. Your lone exception may be if there is a one-car class. Right?

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Power adder class

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

quad4berettagtz wrote:I'm not sure I get the issue on that one... Isn't that the case with any car in any class? From the list I saw from Eric cars will only fit within one class, so if they have a crappy run they will probably lose. Your lone exception may be if there is a one-car class. Right?
No the title of the trophy that fits our category (power adders) is simply labeled quickest overall entry.. and what pat is saying, what if all of the power adder guys end up running 13.9's or slower and a n/a guy hits 13.7 Then not only will he win fastest N/A v6, but he would also get the quickest overall Entry and not one of the Forced induction guys will get a trophy.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

3X00-Modified wrote:
quad4berettagtz wrote:I'm not sure I get the issue on that one... Isn't that the case with any car in any class? From the list I saw from Eric cars will only fit within one class, so if they have a crappy run they will probably lose. Your lone exception may be if there is a one-car class. Right?
No the title of the trophy that fits our category (power adders) is simply labeled quickest overall entry.. and what pat is saying, what if all of the power adder guys end up running 13.9's or slower and a n/a guy hits 13.7 Then not only will he win fastest N/A v6, but he would also get the quickest overall Entry and not one of the Forced induction guys will get a trophy.
If that happens then they don't deserve a trophy!! :burn:

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Barry wrote:
3X00-Modified wrote:
If that happens then they don't deserve a trophy!! :burn:

If your turbo/Nitrous/blower car can't run with the N/A guys you don't deserve the recognition.

In fact you should be embarrassed! :evil:

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It still stands that its an unfair setup.

Why are me an Pat the only ones that see this... Perhaps because we are the only ones who could walk away with nothing because we DON'T have a class and it can be overtaken by anyone?

I should also be allowed to run in the n/a category then and just not use the bottle. I was told at prior events you could only win at one class, and you could not participate in two... so to have a trophy that does not fit a class, and ignore one completely thats a bit unfair.

I will argue this one till the end and bring my own damn plaque to stick over what you have if I have to.

And I will say this one more time Eric. This is supposed to be a FUN event... Lets not make it to serious of a competition here, you've already proven that you can walk away with everything since you can easily fund your car over the rest of us, so lets not start to make it so people need to feel embarrassed if they cant keep up with money. And if this stuff keeps up I wont attend the drag racing, because your killing the fun of it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

If you want to take the bottle out and run N/A that is fine with me. Then you can put it back in and run for the Overall Win.

Doesn't matter to me.

The person who shows me the quickest time slip wins the Overall Award. It's about that simple, and as I stated, if the power adder guys can't beat a N/A car, then maybe you need to re-think your approach to all of this.

Hell it's not kindergarten soccer where EVERYBODY gets a prize!

Just how many classes would you like, and in reality how many runs do you really think we are going to get at a busy track on a Friday night?

As far as who is going to win what, you guys are making alot of assumptions (or excuses) here. My car is sitting in the driveway in a million pieces and hasn't even run yet with the new parts, most of which are in the damn trunk.

For all I know it'll run 15.0's %)

But I fork out $500 for trophies, expand the categories to try and include cars that have in the past been ignored, and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy!

Are you seriously suggesting I should not build my car the way I want because you guys think it is unfair? Or that Rodney shouldn't show up because he may have built a better combination than someone else?

Talk about arguing (whining) over a race that hasn't even been run yet!

But if everyone wants to get all exercised over it all, I'll donate the trophies to another event and bring my Quad, or would that be unfair too because it is now nicer than most of the others, and might win all the car show awards?

I'm thinking I might just stay home and float in the pool.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Eric, you went out of the way to include categories that were not included before but at the same time you eliminated a category that had been included in the past.

Classes of Stock Quad and Stock V6, NA Quad and NA V6 (assuming modified) and then Forced Induction as a whole sounds like the correct setup. Because since you have the NA tag on the "modified" class then you are eliminating the FI guys from it so its only fair to give them their own category (SAME ARGUMENT as the stock one)... and YES we can only assume that the FI guys should be the fastest, but that isn't always true.

I'm done with this discussion. If you can't see it that way then never mind.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Yikes. I thought this was supposed to be fun. I didn't mean to create an argument! Just thought it would be cool for those that don't have their engines all hyped up to have something to drive for.

Here's an idea: If we really wanted to make it fun, have everyone drive the same car and see who does the best with it!! LOL

Wouldn't that be a trip....! Anyways. I know I'm a total drag noob, and I have 0 experience driving drag. I have watched a few, been to a couple of modified drags. (wow earplugs). I am assuming that the money from the sign-ups do eventually pay for the trophies, correct? Or at least I hope they do.

True, I have no idea which setups are going to be beating whom. I know for a fact I probably won't be beating anyone, if I have the balls to even try it. But I know many of us enjoy trying. Rather than trying to reward mediocrity, just try to reward those that do well with what they have. This isn't about who has the money to build a faster 13-15 sec car. Its about just having a good time and having fun. Yes Eric, we need to keep it simple. And yes Jon we need to keep it fair. So how do we go about doing that? Or I can just shut up. LOL

:D