need help with run down 92 beretta in east bay

California, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Hawaii, and Alaska
92berettadude

need help with run down 92 beretta in east bay

Post by 92berettadude »

good day to all the beretta fans out there. i just got a '92 beretta it has 109k miles on it and its kinda run down i know wat its capable of because its been in the family for over 12 years but for the las 6 it was just sitting in the garage not even being touched and when i got it running agian i noticed it dosn't quite have the power it used to. its still fast dont get me wrong but im looking to get it back to peak performance and maybe get it race ready.

so if anyone can give me any advice as to what i should get done or if anyone knows a really good mechanic in the east bay that will let me know exactly what i need done let me know

thanx

ajsberetta

Re: need help with run down 92 beretta in east bay

Post by ajsberetta »

hey some one from the bay! nice to meet you i live in pittsburg/concord areas. i also have a 92 3.1lv6. i have put a lot of money into mine to get it back into shape. first thing is do the basics oil,spark plugs, new coil and wires, fuel filter, air filter just to get her breathing right. iv done alot of work on mine and i do know a few mechanics. i went and graduated from wyotech i fremont so i do know a thing or to, i also have a friend who works for toyota who does alot of the stuff i dont have tools for. so what work have you done so far?