Spotted in Columbus Ohio today license plate "NO PINK"

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, & Vermont
Wanako

Re: Spotted in Columbus Ohio today license plate "NO PINK"

Post by Wanako »

no joke. Them Mo'fos can do 500+ HP on bolt-ons. But again it's all aftermarket-support. Usually not much skill is required to get a Supra up to that level of power. 700-1000 HP that's a different story. The great thing about our communities is that we are getting decent power and times out of cars and engines that were never designed for it.

But still, I consider Jon and Pinky's 12 second times as a badge of honor, of sorts, for our small group.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Mjrsplat wrote:
not bragging, merely defending myself after the whole ZOMG PINKY's CAR IS FAST PUTS DOWN 12's!! like i said before, mine does too, it ran a 12.7 @ 112 last year, that was on less boost. I havent made it out to the track yet this year. As I stated in my previous post, I'm pretty sure I said my 12 second car is slow. not bragging? and as far as why bolt on supras make power has more to do with reliability of jz motors.. 7m motors are junk, they pop headgaskets and spin rod bearings, thats why i went 1jz in mine.

Furthermore, I don't see why all the bashing in this thread just because I don't own a beretta. I'm still a fan of them, and merely extended an invite to show pinky around town and check out the car since It's probably my favorite beretta I've spotted. That being said, I'm pretty sure Pinky's car is about the only one in this thread that could keep up with mine, so for the rest of your responses, I don't really care what you have to say.

and to the guy that wants to see a 10sec mkiii supra, good luck. there's a guy in my town with an 867hp mkiii that is only running a best time of 11.4 in the quarter. mkiii's have traction issues.
Oh yea man, I know all about the 1JZ and 2JZs. Damn things are monsters. Over-engineered bottom ends FTW!!

Buddy of mine had a MKIII Supra once before. Loved the styling of them, though I'm an 80's lover so I would take a MKII Celica-Supra. :D

Now since you're here. PICS!! At least for my sake. :good:

edit* Reading back through this, I noticed that you may have thought I was bashing you. Not so. I was referring to MKIVs. I see you've got a MKIII, at least I think you do, which are a bit more difficult to get power and time out of them.. Considering your mods and the MKIIIs inherently horrible traction, it's not bad. Not bad at all. :beer:

Mjrsplat

Post by Mjrsplat »

my car is nothing too special to look at, its no beauty queen but it gets the job done. here's a few pics.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

nice nice! could use a detailing but very nice! LOVE the design of these cars.

wait... do I spy... Z wheels?? While I do like the design of them and how they fit on the car, isn't that a bit... sacrilegious??

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Hey, 98xploder. Sup dude. Love the Supra you have! I've always had an affinity for that model and body style. And I'm SOOOO a domestic guy, so it's TWICE the compliment coming from me! :D

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Well it must be decent because you have Nissan wheels

Mjrsplat

Post by Mjrsplat »

Thanks for all the complements guys, and thank you double sgr, it's clear you aren't an import guy lol. As far as my wheels go, yes they are 350z wheels, the Toyota purists can suck a fat one, I like them. I saw a set on a 240sx and thought they would look good on my supra so I picked up a set, but after doing a few photoshops, I think I'm going to have them painted gunmetal so they don't stand out so much..

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Supra looks pretty good, needs some bright green paint! By no means am I hatin' on it. It's just so easy to make one of them nissan straight 6's put out that much power. Thats why I'm not impressed unless it can run a sub 10 sec 1/4 mi. For a driver tho, like most of our rettas are, you got a quick, and fun car to drive. I'd love to see pinky tear this supra up at the strip though. Neither are N/A..., wait sorry, don't mean to blow up your spot, but it'd be a nice run to watch.
Pinky attracted a Toyota owner!

1994 AQUA ZED
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Jon's car is N/A , it's just bottle fed.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Zactly what I'm gettin at!

1994 AQUA ZED
Mjrsplat

Post by Mjrsplat »

2.2H8TA wrote:Supra looks pretty good, needs some bright green paint! By no means am I hatin' on it. It's just so easy to make one of them nissan straight 6's put out that much power. Thats why I'm not impressed unless it can run a sub 10 sec 1/4 mi. For a driver tho, like most of our rettas are, you got a quick, and fun car to drive. I'd love to see pinky tear this supra up at the strip though. Neither are N/A..., wait sorry, don't mean to blow up your spot, but it'd be a nice run to watch.
Pinky attracted a Toyota owner!

?? I dont have an RB swap??

besides the fact, mk3 supras have traction issues, thats why they have high trap speeds for the times they run. a 10 sec quarter mile would require custom 4 link and a solid rear end..

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

I meant the toyota 6's, my bad, I was just thinking about nissan cause I was checkin out your wheels. Can you drop an older supra body on a newer chassis to address the traction issue they have, because I've seen newer ones run high 9's.?

1994 AQUA ZED
beretta

Post by beretta »

My friend had an 87 supra N/A 5 speed and it was pretty quick, 3rd gear still going sideways up the road not much around here could keep up and not many people knew what it was as he took every emblem off it.. he ended up trading it for a 4 runner and it blew the timing belt the same day he got it. he should have kept it and turbo'd it. was a pretty sweet car.

I love my beretta though but always like the older supra's, been thinking of buying a twin turbo supra engine to put in my 84 bird can buy one with low K engine/trany/ecm/wire harness for 2500 bucks. about the same price it would cost to build my 350 to make half as much HP.

Wish my beretta was fast as pinky's, getting a 03' 3400 with 100k KM on it soon as i have some extra cash its sitting there waiting for me to pick it up and get it into the Z. probably wont be near as fast as pinky's but should work pretty well.

I past another beretta a few times in the last couple weeks going to and from work, had a van in front of me and then a car i seen the corner of the tail light and was like weeeee theres that beretta so i passed them and they stayed way behind and i pulled over at this parking lot near a intersection to try and get them to stop and they disappeared. eventually i will get them to stop and check it out, im pretty sure its a gtz and black and looks mint.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Jon's car is N/A , it's just bottle fed.
Nitrous is a classification of forced induction, it does not fall under the N/A category. That's why every year im competing with Patrick with the rex 2.0 turbo quad.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Forget this straight line talk. Weld the diff and start drifting. It's a blast