BerettaFest NE New Hampshire 2011

Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, & Vermont
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: BerettaFest NE New Hampshire 2011

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No times... too much rain... Whole weekend at Epping was canceled...

Did MT Washington just a bit later than we anticipated and when we got to the summit holy hell was it foggy... Visibility was 0, Wind was 45-60mph, Temp was 43* and wind chill was 31* My Beretta was the only one that made the trip up. Paul left his at the bottom with the Idle issues he was still having since the national Bfest.

Rally was quite interesting... unfortunately we did start a bit late due to some unfortunate events but during the rally it got dark about halfway through making the whole deal just a bit harder. Pat and Stacy were with me along with Amy's father, and we were the only car that continued through the whole thing.. It definitely helped to have 4 sets of eyes looking for stuff since it was so dark, I completely understand why some threw in the towel when it got that way.

Now to explain why Pat and Stacy were with me... On his trip up his trailer acted up and couldn't get any lights working so he left late Thursday night and arrived Friday around 11:00 after a stay over in CT. We were already in North Conway getting ready to hit the Muddy Moose for lunch so we told them to head up and head straight for Mt Washington... On their way they hit unbelievable traffic... so when were were at the base of Mt Washington waiting they said they were 40min away so to just head up. At the Summit we got a message saying Pat was towed to the parking lot at Mt Washington. Upon inspection we came to the conclusion there that it may be the fuel pump, but the car would start, so he tried to go on the rally and made it 5ft out of the parking lot before it quit again, so we left it in the lot and decided to come back later. Thats where it gets interesting

After the rally and dinner Me Pat and Stacy stopped at Walmart and grabbed an emergency bag for the air pump and then loaded up his tow dolly and headed back to Mt Washington. Air pump needed since you leave the dolly air pressure at 10 psi when towing empty to reduce bumps and it needs to be 50-60 when towing.

So after a slight wrong turn and an extra 30min we got to the parking lot... around 1:30am, tried to start the car again hoping it would limp onto the dolley... No dice. worked for a while getting it on by hand but got it done... waited 10min a tire to fill them with air... POS pump... and then I took over piloting and headed out at 2am. We got back to the hotel at 4am, talk about one long night.

Following day was supposed to be dragway day but was raining so instead we got up went to breakfast our own ways, and then headed over to Maine for some outlet shopping. Then a small group of us hit up a Brewery in a small town and did that tour and had a "lunch snack" there.

That night was just a relaxing chill at the hotel deal and do some trouble shooting on some cars... First was Brendan's GA where we found his Map sensor crap the bed and was reading 91kPa at idle... Not a good driving reading... lol... so swapped that out and all was better there. Put my TMIC on the legacy and took it for a ride also... then just shot the crap for a while in Paul and Cynthia's room.

The next morning was departure day for most, so we had breakfast at the hotel and then me and Pauly took his TB off and corrected his high idle issue... who ever built that TB and used it last had the throttle plate stop screw adjusted WAY too far out. I brought it in at least 2-3 threads before the blade began to stick in the bore, so we adjusted it out just a bit from there and now the IAC was working to control the idle and wasn't the throttle blade being open too far... After that we headed down to the Holy Grail Food and Spirits restaurant for lunch before sending off.

So, it was a fun weekend, obviously we didn't get to do everything planned but we did have plenty to do in the area, I'm glad everyone had fun and we hope for better weather next year! I'm a little disappointed that I was not able to run my car but oh well, there is always this Saturday.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

That sucks there was no drag racing. I really needed a mini vacation with all the OT I've been working, but the time off did get me a lot of progress in the garage with the truck before the stupid snow flies. It's getting cold here!

I was wondering if Pauly got the idle fixed yet. He sent me a datalog a couple weeks ago and I figured it was the throttle stop but never heard back.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

If you read my post you would have read that I fixed his idle for him. The IAC was doing nothing since the stop was so far open.

You had the chance for a Mini vaca, but you spent the time on your truck instead... I would have said the hell with that it will be there when I get back.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:If you read my post you would have read that I fixed his idle for him. The IAC was doing nothing since the stop was so far open.

You had the chance for a Mini vaca, but you spent the time on your truck instead... I would have said the hell with that it will be there when I get back.
Yes Jon, I did read your post. And the throttle stop was what I suspected and told Paul.

Work is really grinding on me. I skipped out on my plans for Vegas the beginning of Sept too. We've been understaffed for about a year, and in August we had a guy quit because he was fed up with the bullshit. So now we're further understaffed and working more OT. Just my two days off with no time on the CNC have me further behind. It's a never-ending battle.

That's why it was nice to have a few full days to drive/work on the truck. The weather acts like the snow is coming pretty soon. All this OT is the reason the truck has been taking so long. I need 48hr days to get everything done.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

woody90gtz wrote: Yes Jon, I did read your post. And the throttle stop was what I suspected and told Paul.
I miss understood what you meant before with the way you worded that post, it read like a question. My bad.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

From Amy

I know some of you are interested in some additional Northeast tees....if anyone wants a BerettaFest Tee, I can order them in almost any color for $12....and we have a new option now too....hooded sweatshirts for $22. The only thing is I need an order of 12 pieces for anything to happen....

Lets see if we can get an order together!

So far....
Cynthia - 2 smalls, one pink & one light yellow
Shawn - 1 large, bright orange

Here is the link for the sweatshirts so you can pick your color and size:
http://www.brandbookonline.com/cgi-bin/ ... ache=53242

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I'm down for a bright orange hoodie. I will check the link out when I get home. I can send payment via PayPal.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

Just got home. Had more vehicle problems on Sunday. On the way back from lunch at the Holy Grail I noticed the clock was wrong in the truck. We got back to the hotel and looked up movie times. Went back out to the truck to leave and saw the clock was reset again and it had trouble starting but it did. I went to check the battery in my white car to see if it would work as I suspected the battery was dying. I went back to the truck and tried to start it again and nothing. Luckily the batteries I use in the white car have top and side mounting points so I was able to use that to get home.

I did not get to relax as much as I wanted to with all the vehicle issues but still had a lot of fun.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

i'd be down for a black sweatshirt

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

What's the status on the extra shirts and the hoodies?

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

We are only at 5 total if Brendan picks a different color. Can't print dark green on black.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

It doesn't look like we are going to hit 12 minimum then

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

3X00-Modified wrote:We are only at 5 total if Brendan picks a different color. Can't print dark green on black.
eh do the dark gray then no biggie.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll let you know what happens but for the mean time I'll send your payment back with the door trim/switch.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"