MY FIRST BERETTA!! :D

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DanteGTZ

Re: MY FIRST BERETTA!! :D

Post by DanteGTZ »

camcore wrote:
DanteGTZ wrote:Aw, cmon, don't change the rims... The Indy/GTU rims are the only identifying marker that this is a W26...
ill be selling the rims when I replace them, so ill make sure they go to someone whose restoring a black w26. or just needs the rims.
I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but do you know what the W26 package (what your car is) actually is? Not that it's gonna be worth a million bux, but if you ever go to sell it (especially to someone here), you'll want to keep those rims. Your car is a pretty rare bird.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
camcore

Post by camcore »

i live in michigan and it snowed today, it got really slippery and i was pulling into a gas station and whacked my front driver side fender/bumper on a cement poll. im pissed. got a dent, cracked my headlight plastic, and bent in my bumper. FML>

camcore

Post by camcore »

DanteGTZ wrote:
camcore wrote:
DanteGTZ wrote:Aw, cmon, don't change the rims... The Indy/GTU rims are the only identifying marker that this is a W26...
ill be selling the rims when I replace them, so ill make sure they go to someone whose restoring a black w26. or just needs the rims.
I hope this doesn't come off as rude, but do you know what the W26 package (what your car is) actually is? Not that it's gonna be worth a million bux, but if you ever go to sell it (especially to someone here), you'll want to keep those rims. Your car is a pretty rare bird.

alright dude, ill keep the rims, store them up in the rafters somewhere. but i dont plan on selling it ever. if the engine ever takes a poop ill just relpace it and keep driving it cause i love my beretta.

camcore

Post by camcore »

On Friday night I snatched a pole while driving my beretta after 2 days. Stupid icy weather. Dented the driver side fender, bumper, cracked both lights, and probably tweaked the bracket that holds the bumper. :( I'm very upset.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Sorry to hear that. Got any photos?

keep'em flying!
camcore

Post by camcore »

I'll get some tomorrow when I pull it into my schools shop. It sucks tho. :/

95BerettaBase

Post by 95BerettaBase »

Sounds like you need to slow down a bit if you already have struck 2 things with it.

-1995 Chevy Beretta Base *SOLD*
-1998 Chevy Silverado 4x4
-2016 Chevy Silverado Z71
-2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide

1995 Chevy Beretta Base - 3100 V6 w/ 284,000 and still kickin'.
camcore

Post by camcore »

No, it was the same thing, I just forgot that I already posted about it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's a FWD beretta... Snow equals go very slow... these do not handle well in the snow unless you have some knobby tires.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

or you know how to drive in the snow <.<

Money pit Beretta

For ice I like RWD, in snow FWD is much more easy to drive. I've never had an AWD, so that could be the best for everything.

keep'em flying!
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

yeah, not to beat a dead horse but driving in the snow requires smooth, deliberate movements especially if you don't have snow purpose tires. All seasons suck at snow but are doable. when you slide, countersteer and don't slam the brakes or the throttle as this will make the slide more severe. As always, situation dictating, don't go faster than what you/your car is capable of for the conditions.
Another reason why I hate Open diffs with a passion, they blow so much in winter/rainy conditions.....
obviously what's done is done, but if you had skills like michelle mouton, I'm sure that would have been a game changer in regards to your beretta's new rhinoplasty procedure.

camcore

Post by camcore »

Well yea, I had a couple options, 1. Dead center hit, 2. Cut my wheel and put it on the fender to minimize damage, 3. Hit my e brake and drift into the lot to get the traction on my front tires but get rear ended by a Jack hole who was trying to turn in behind me and hug my back end. I'm not saying I'm faultless but I feel I have chosen the best of the options. I'm pretty good at winter driving, I took drivers ed in the winter in a mustang (2007) and passed with flying colors. But hey, we all make mistakes, I just feel bad that my car had to pay for it. My drive tires are pretty bald anyway. /:

Money pit Beretta

My friend and I got into something like that(picking the least damage). I'll make this short:too fast, down hill,slush and a van pulling into a driveway in front of us. He said "what do I do?" I said "take the van". Friend:WHAT? "It's that or the telephone pole and the van will give" I said. The van jumped into the air and took a nasty dent in the seam on the rear corner from the brush guard that he had(which only bent back a little).

keep'em flying!
camcore

Post by camcore »

It's unfortunate, but it happens, everyone was ok?