1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The idle issue is from one of two things, a vac leak or your tb plate is too far open which is making it idle too high. I'm willing to bet it has zero IAC counts at idle which means the ecu is not controlling the idle rpm, something else is making it idle that high hence the code of idle higher that requested. It wants it lower but can't get it there.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Re:

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:The idle issue is from one of two things, a vac leak or your tb plate is too far open which is making it idle too high. I'm willing to bet it has zero IAC counts at idle which means the ecu is not controlling the idle rpm, something else is making it idle that high hence the code of idle higher that requested. It wants it lower but can't get it there.
I drove it alot yesterday..

It still has the cold start thing.. where it wants to die like described in my other post but after I get it running it doesnt do it again.

Now this.. (all on warm start ups)

It will idle high (2-3k) but if I blip the gas pedal it goes up slightly then goes down to normal idle. This doesnt work all the time, I would say roughly for every 4 times I try it, only 3 times will it go down to normal.

It now has a 180degree thermostat in it and runs ALOT cooler. It doesnt go above the 1/4 mark on the temperature gauge for the most part. It did get up to kind of close to half a couple times but didnt stay there long.

Prior to the injectors going bad, when I was driving it.. when I wasnt on the brakes it seemed the brakes would drag a little.. made scrape noises and such when the car was just rolling. When I hit the brakes it went away...

Now.. the brakes must be broke in or something. There are no noises at all. I get the occasional suspension noise and I got a pop coming from somewhere (have no idea, it doesnt happen often).. 90% of the time there are no noises.

but.. the brakes are AWESOME now.. Its crazy how good they are now that I got some miles on them. Between the awesome brake pedal the Beretta has and how much power you can feel with the gas pedal.. I really hate driving my 2010 2.4 Malibu because of that lol.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the "big leagues" ..running and driving!

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Yesterday I knew it was supposed to rain Tuesday-Thursday this week.. so I drove the Beretta quite a bit.

Daily driver and the Z

Then after work I took it to the car wash for the first time in a looonnngggg time

Then right when I pulled it in the garage at 3 am... I noticed I just hit 153k on the car and 400 miles on the 6 speed

Clutch is almost broke in!
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Forgot.. nobody can figure out why the "brake" and "ABS" lights are still on.. I want my ABS to work but the light is really starting to get annoying lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still believe you have a mechanical issue causing your erratic idle... You don't have a cam so the tune that's on there the car should fire right up and idle like normal.

As far as the ABS goes... You have all the proper things plugged in? And was this a full 96 interior harness swap as well? if not did you do all of the wire fixes I outlined because I know some were for ABS related items.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

The entire dash with the dash harness and gauge cluster came straight from the 96 Cayenne I had last summer.

Everything is plugged in as far as I know.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Next thing to verify would be all the sensor plugs... You using the N-body hubs iirc so the sensor is integrated and should have the same plug as the factory Beretta one did... The rears should also be integrated into the hub and the plug IIRC is on the back of them or in the tube of the rear axle, may have to remove bearing to verify that's plugged in since the 95+ had an open back to see them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

You need a Malibu.net sticker on the Beretta....

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the

Post by SummitBalt08 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Next thing to verify would be all the sensor plugs... You using the N-body hubs iirc so the sensor is integrated and should have the same plug as the factory Beretta one did... The rears should also be integrated into the hub and the plug IIRC is on the back of them or in the tube of the rear axle, may have to remove bearing to verify that's plugged in since the 95+ had an open back to see them.
Ok I will check into that.

Quick question.. does the DHP let you read ABS codes with it? James tried hooking up an OBD2 to it but needed a VIN to read it.. then the guy at the shop brought out a scanner type thing that he said usually brings up the VIN from the ECU but it couldn't.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Update to the build..

Ordered tires through TireRack yesterday around 2pm or so, and they showed up around noon today! Crazy how quick UPS got them here.

I decided to give the GoodYear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's a try.

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

bonecrrusher wrote:You need a Malibu.net sticker on the Beretta....
Hey smartass... I had a Bnet decal on the Cobalt I had for a daily driver before I had the Malibu as well.

I could have swore there was a way to block users on Bnet... I keep forgetting to try to figure that out while I am on my laptop.

Hopefully I can remember to look into that when I get home from work tonight.

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Dhp will not read abs codes. And I believe I flashed that ecu with the vin of your car but I could be wrong.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Hmmm, possibly a dumb question here, but regarding your ABS woes, do the N-Body front hubs have the same PPM (Pulse Per Mile) as the Beretta rear ABS sensors? Also, since the F40 uses a 78-tooth 'reluctor' (for those not in the know, the F40 uses its' final driven differential-gear as the VSS reluctor, instead of using an extra toothed reluctor-ring like the Muncies and the autos do), I assume your ECM has been modified for the higher number of pulses than it would normally receive -could there be a mix-match issue confusing the programming going on there somehow?

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm running the nbody hubs with no issues... There could be a mixup with something else referencing a ppm for the speedo but I did change the rotations per mile to make the speedo read right.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

After talking with James... Since the upper intake was off a couple times because of the injector issues he is going to change the upper intake gaskets this weekend. That might be what's causing a vacuum leak to make the car idle funny now.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar