Project Second Chance Pics, Vids, Update PG19!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Money pit Beretta

Re: Project Second Chance - Update with Pics PG7!!

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Makes me tired just thinking about it and I've never done it on a FWD.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

New update on s a few things.

First off, i got my tail lights switched out with ones from Josephs old 89. I got tired of people telling me my tails were way too dark. So now that i have them off the car, im gonna sand them down and get them back to their factory tinted look.

I also gave the car a nice bath last week, just before the storms hit. I gave the motor a good cleaning and scrub.

It looks alot better under the hood now, its nice to be able to see things under there again.

I also managed to strip the front kick panels and rear deck and get them covered. Well i got the passenger kick panel done, still need to do the drivers. I did use the darker charcoal grey carpet material for it. Now, i know the 94-96 cars use a light grey on the interior, but i like the darker carpeting. I found headliner material at a local fabric store so i can get matching headliner color too. Im also gonna recover the door panel inserts in the charcoal grey too. I think by the time i get done with the interior its gonna look pretty nice. I also plan to recover the carpet on the console to match too.

Heres how the other two pieces look so far.

And yes, i know there is a small dip in the carpet above the speaker hole. Im not too worried about it as i did it in like 10 mins lol.
Last edited by 90GTZHO on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

I picked up over the weekend from work a nice little fuse/power distrbution block. It houses 4 atm fuses, and has a 12 pin spade terminal power block. I was thinking of using it to power things like the fan override, interior lighting and possibly a reverse light override for all the jerks around here who ride my cars ass with their brights on. I found out that due to its small size, it fits right in under the shift plate on the console. Just need to fasten it in.

Im thinking i am going to put the power block itself on its own switch as i think its gonna be the interior lighting supply. So one of the fuses will be for that block; all the lights will be LED so there be little draw.

I had to pick up a motor mount too. I found out that the engine mount was beyond shot. So i ordered a solid rubber replacement for it. The motor sits a little wonky now, so im gonna have to change the trans mount out too. Im sure its the problem i have been having with the drivetrain/suspension knock im tracking down.

And heres the old one, pretty trashed!

Im gonna try and get the drivers kick panel recovered and maybe get the other installed with the rear deck after i get the original third brake light mount removed from the deck itself.

I hope to have more to report on here soon with the car. I was all excited when i found headliner material locally. Now i can get that done!

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Re: Project Second Chance - New Stuff w/ Pics PG8!!

Tell me how those mounts work out. For sure my car needs a trans mount.
How thick is that carpet, same as stock? Rear deck cover in mine is thin and falling apart.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Yeah the carpet is thick as stock. Nice and plush, fairly soft. Wasnt too expensive thru work either.

The mounts so far are good, just need to get the trans mount installed. I wish the trans mount was solid, but im not planning on keeping it in there long. I want to get that mani-trans from the yard and get to rowin some gears.

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

Cool on the carpet, may need some one day!

Well, if the trans mount is good and you need to get rid of it(when you get the 5sp) I buy it off you. Unless you want it for a "just in case".

keep'em flying!
Lothurin

Post by Lothurin »

god your car reminds me of my old 1990 base when i was repairing front end damage. the poor car was in like 6 colors :P

it starting to look good tho.

themixer

Post by themixer »

please apply paint to the car, it looks so rust free!

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Sounds good Money, ill keep ya posted. Id prolly sell it for just shipping at that point. Im putting it in today, in fact, i started it before work and gonna finish it at lunch.

Lothurin its funny you say that as my old GTZ was a bunch of different colors too lol. But those who know me, know that paint is always last. Goes in a trend; drivetrain then suspension, then interior, then body....for the most part. I still wanna get some tires for the GTZ wheels too.

And Mixer, shes 100% rust free ;-) But paint will be last.

Geoff
Money pit Beretta

That would be great Geoff! Yes I can buy one, but if I can save another member from having another "useless" part just sitting I'll do it. Damn basement is full of them over here. 3X00 was nice enough to take a few of mine(for a low cost).

Same way here. Get it running as good as it can, then comes the others(listed above) and last is the body. Unless you are talking about rust, that is another story.

The odd thing about me: must have a working radio, better sound can come later. Used 3X00's payment to cut the cost of some Kicker 6x9's. With that and the low price I found the total was $63.

keep'em flying!
Lothurin

Post by Lothurin »

You should come visit me in ND and get my car looking as good as yours:P

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Me Lothurin? I would love to help out man. Although, mines not that great looking right now.

Geoff
Lothurin

Post by Lothurin »

trust me yours look better than mine:P

i'll send ya a picture on facebook sometime.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

So not a whole lot going on as of now, just little stuff here and there. Runnin' low funds so things are slow to progress.

A little update on whats been going on. Was able to track down and fix my knock up front while driving down dirt roads. Inner tie rod end bushing were shot, and they were bouncing around pretty bad.

Worked great, till i found out its started knocking a few days later, turns out the rack is crap, but stil works. Im gonna be on the hunt for an SCX or GTZ rack here soon, so i need to start saving up for it.

I also managed to get some of the tint off the car that the previous owner had on the windows. Was like 50% and horribly faded, was so hard to see out of.

I want to get the windows stripped completely and geta new rear window installed that has a defroster in it. They are too badly needed around these parts of mine.

Geoff
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Two weekends ago i had her at a local car show, her first one. Before hand i went to wash it, and noticed that the lower half of my cold air intake had disappeared. Im not sure if it fell off, or if someone stole it since i have no inner fender liner and its completely exposed to the outside elements. So, i ordered another filter and made a short ram till i can find a better way to get the pipe to stay in place.

Ah the show with her ass up against a sweet 69 Chevelle SS396

"New" Intake

And a couple more random shots from this past Saturday

I really wanna get the exhaust redone on it too. Im tired of the ugly ricer tip and "holy" exhaust piping; makes the car sound stupid. I want to get those stocker Z34 tips finished up and put on with a nice new pair of mufflers to clean up the back end. Im also hoping soon, i can meet up with Chad and get that GTU spoiler from him to tie the back end in together. I also need to get back to the yard before the 96 donor is gone and get the last of the parts i want off it. Im hoping soon.....

Geoff