I'm nuts!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Money pit Beretta

I'm nuts!

Post by Money pit Beretta »

This is the car I just bought. It has 140k on it and has never been run hard. It has more paint than my old 90,but does need paint. The photos were done by the seller. It needs work, it's not a show car like some of the cars here. I'm up for the work I guess. I had to get another Beretta because it is life(not having one isn't living). The seller was a nice guy and very easy to work with. In the end I have helped him and he has helped me after a very hard loss. Looks like I'm back in the game and back to work!

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

I'm nuts!

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

That is AWESOME MPB, I'm glad to see you back in a 'retta man! Good for you! Nice looking whip too? Specs?

bmac94

I'm nuts!

Post by bmac94 »

Looks almost like mine minus the wheels and seats

looks great, hope you will post more pics of it

n00b20

I'm nuts!

Post by n00b20 »

NICE!!! any plans for it?

"We were ALL noobs once. Forget where you came from and you forget how valuable your knowledge is to those who are now where you once were."
SuzukiGhostRider

I'm nuts!

A bit off topic...any one else been noticing what a ghost town this board is lately? I mean like 2 maybe 3 topics a day posted in.... Anyhow, more pics MPB and get me those specs dammit!!

6r8ph1X

I'm nuts!

Post by 6r8ph1X »

I agree Suzuki, it's DEAD over here.

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
Money pit Beretta

I'm nuts!

Sorry guys, I had to take care of everything today after work. The seller was in town, he is moving here. This was kinda lucky, I would have had to drive about an hour away to get this all done. 6r8ph1X, no it wasn't a Z, the seats are aftermarket and are very nice. Yes, bmac94 it looks the same(your paint is better I'd bet)! n00b20, yes I'd like to make a intake for it, headers, cat back, Eibachs and a chip or programmer(I don't know anything about OBD1.5) Well SGR, 3100/auto(no mods),sunroof, rear defrost(it works), trunk release(doesn't work),AC(has a leak), power locks and windows(both work great), stock speakers and a pioneer HU(just like the one I had in the 90,but newer),new EGR and blower motor. Also has a tint that needs to be redone. Someone needs to teach me how to split up posts, so they are more easy to read. I'll try to get some more pics to show the bad spots, but it will take time.Thanks for the posts everybody! One side note, the seller had a hard time letting this car go(Beretta love, ya know how it is).

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

I'm nuts!

Oops, it's a 95. Why I put that title on this post was because I know more about RWD V8's. You can build them cheaper and have much more power. As 6r8ph1X said, I had to get another Beretta, it's in my blood.

keep'em flying!
IsaacHayes

I'm nuts!

Post by IsaacHayes »

Yeah they guy I bought mine from back in 99 was sad to see it go you could tell he loved it. I wonder if he is still around and ever sees me driving it around. It's the only one with "CHEVROLET" banner across the windshield so if he saw that he would know it's his old car and would be proud that it's still on the road and kicking. Not many old cars on the road these days let alone ones in good shape and condition like mine with as many miles. Mines far from perfect but isn't trashed or anything. Looks like most 4-5 year old cars but is way older hehe.

EGR you can clean, or clean the intake passage that's usually what clogs too and throws the SES light.

A/C leak is the compressor. Don't bother with a junkyard one. They all leak around the case/housing seams after so many years/heat/use. Get a new one or rebuilt.

Not sure about the trunk release, I installed one myself and wired it up so I don't know how stock is. (I put the switch hidden out of view)

You can't tune OBD1.5 ... OBDII swap or megasquirt it (but you'd need a 5spd then cause the trans is controlled by the stock ECM, or wire it to shift manually with switches for the solenoids). You can re-pin the wires at the ECM connector instead of swapping engine harness too if you want to try, someone with a corsica did this recently and it works. Last I heard he is going just re-ping the EGR wires to control the MAF so he doesn't have to add any new wires. Pretty neat.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
SuzukiGhostRider

I'm nuts!

Trunk popper is probably a fuse. Happens in mine from time to time. Check you panel, mine are numbers 11 and 5. I'd go through them all as you just got the car though to make sure they're all good.
Temp fix for the A/C is a swap over to 134a if not done already and a stop leak shot with the new refrigerant.
Tint, you can buy a computer laser precut kit on Ebay, as the back windows are a PAIN to do. Pro Tinters HATE Berettas because of the rear windows and will charge up to 25% more to do them.
Good luck brutha!
Oh, and Issac, he said his EGR is NEW , not a problem...

berettajunkie1991

I'm nuts!

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

i could not be happier for you great find!

Money pit Beretta

I'm nuts!

Thanks very much berettajunkie! The pics make it look better than it is(it's not too bad, you saw how bad the paint was on the 90). Hey IsaacHays. The compressor is bad? Man that sucks, thought it might be a O-ring. That's bad news on the tune. I have no plans to switch to a 5speed(I'll stick with the auto). Once again, out of the fire and into the pan on that one(the Cav is a pain to tune,may give up to save money for the Beretta). SGR, I'll check the fuse this weekend when I change the oil and trans fluid(thanks). When I get the tag on I plan to take the car to a shop to see what they say about the AC. On the tint, I'll ask the pros how much it will be. It would be my first time and it's sure to come out just the same as it is now. Thanks for the help you guys, I'm going to need all that I can get. I know a good deal about my old 90GT, but this car is not the same. Is there an updated Chilton's out there?

keep'em flying!
6r8ph1X

I'm nuts!

Post by 6r8ph1X »

no there's not man, the chiltons and haynes does s**t for the newer cars. It told me that i needed a T50 star bit for my brake calipers!!!!! I needed a brake caliper bit lol oh well, what can you do. To replace the heater core, it told me "remove bottom of dash pannels" "remove heater core" 'Replace and reverse" OMG!!!!! That book does nothing!!! as far as your AC, i got tired of trying to fix it so i just took it off and put in an ac bypass pulley. Then i tore out the AC lines, besides, there's something about flying down the road with the windows open and the wind in your hair .  Just my .02
YOU NEED NEW PICS OF YOUR RETTA and you with it man!!!!!!!!!!

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
1988GTU

I'm nuts!

Post by 1988GTU »

Nice!  

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

I'm nuts!

Thanks 1988GTU, guess you know what the strut tower bar is going on! 6r8ph1X, that's bad news about the Chilton's and the Haynes(the Haynes came with the car). I need the info on how it's set up bad. I'll see what I can do about the pics, as of now all that I have is 35mm(so I have to shoot a full roll). If I get time I'll get in touch with Chilton's and see if there is a updated one(if I can get it I'll get one for you).

keep'em flying!