1990 Yellow Indy

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: 1990 Yellow Indy

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The only authenticity checking for competitive reasons would be at Bfest, and we've eliminated the rule of stock radio for stock interior awards... Suspension is already heavily modified... I did that last year. :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

So.... which head unit has the best bluetooth capability these days? :D

_________
-------------
themixer

Post by themixer »

I like my Alpine deck seems to work well for tunes and Bluetooth

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Not going with anything that has Bluetooth... Not worth spending that much money for a car that's not driven that often. I picked up a low priced JVC unit from Wally World to suffice for the trip. Has USB and AUX inputs so that will be plenty of options to supply tunes. I put the $200 radio in the Wife's forester this spring that has SiriusXM and Bluetooth connectivity... Me on the other hand I'm F-ed, fully integrated Climate control and deck leaves me option-less on my legacy without spending 300+ on a JDM face plate first.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Guess I should update this...

They fit like a glove

Got any pics showing full side or even a close up showing door vs rear side window? Interested in if it creates a gap or looks odd. From those pics that looks awesome for the price.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

If you have a blue tooth you should probably see a Dentist.

But then Jon already has "Pink Eye"! :P

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

GTU89 wrote: Got any pics showing full side or even a close up showing door vs rear side window? Interested in if it creates a gap or looks odd. From those pics that looks awesome for the price.
Confused on what your trying to see with that question... The part I replaced is the rubber lip that goes from edge to edge of the window on the door... It doesn't come anywhere near the rear window because of the door handle/window channel assembly and it's right up against the window channel in the front as well. It's exactly the same width as a stock piece would be it's just a shorter lip or at least the lip curves in further when the window is down. Basically it works as it should now and would actually wipe the window of dew if you went down then up.

Basically I wouldn't use anything or promote it if it looked "odd" or created a "gap" I spent a lot of time finding this strip to ensure it replaced the factory one near perfectly.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Bfest 2016 wish list...

Dash swap
Heater Core
Heater Core engine bay pipe
Check front suspension, find creek/squeaky bushings. Probably inner tie rod ones.
Possibly Canuck spring swap
Swap L side axle for re-booted new one that I bought for last year.
Find ticking sound from RF

OIE...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Rather small list that could possibly be done in a wkd for sure

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah, well lets see... This weekend, mostly free but not 100%... 28-30th, in Mount Pleasant returning Tylers car. 4th-5th, nephews birthday... not planning on driving to NJ to have that weekend... 10th-12th, Bristol RI British Car show... 18th-19th free but fathers day weekend... So yeah... Not many weekends left... lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok, Suspension reviewed... Swaybar was the cause of all the noise, or at least that was the squeakiest part. Loosened mounts and greased bar and now its fine... moves freely now too :)

Also pulled apart struts to inspect tophats and try Canuck springs. The insulators have been sitting on top of Eibach springs for too long and have somewhat conformed to them so when attempting to fit the Canuck springs things didn't go smoothly and I didn't like how the spacer was fitting and the end angle of the upper mount when it was all assembled... It's going to take some more time and thought to get it to be right since looking at the Eibach vs the FE7 and Canuck spring the last top coil ends in a different spot... The 90's upper mount is designed to compensate for that, where the 95+ upper mount has a spacer to do the same but they are not equal. Maybe not right before Bfest I'll re-hash those out and see how the car sits. I also did a fat ass standing on the rear spring test and I can barely compress a FE7 rear... but I can really compress a Canuck rear. That was another thing that steered me away from swapping. I may check that against the Eibach as well to see which one seems stiffer... Right now its FE7 over the Canuck, I'm wondering where the Eibach will land.

In all of this tear down I also found sticking caliper pins so I cleaned those up and re-lubed them with caliper grease so hopefully that doesn't happen again. It would explain the excessive dust on the wheels last year.

Started in removing the heater core so I should be able to finish that up tonight and maybe get started on the dash swap... Oh boy I love dash swaps... lol

New List

Dash swap
Heater Core
Find ticking sound from RF
SKIPPED Heater Core engine bay pipe - Cant remove with Engine in, not leaking so it stays.
DONE! Check front suspension, find creek/squeaky bushings. Probably inner tie rod ones.
SKIPPED Possibly Canuck spring swap
DONE Swap L side axle for re-booted new one that I bought for last year.

FE7 spring next to the Canuck springs.
IMG_20160522_150939_zpsskgzn0yh.JPG
Nice and level top hat of the Eibach/95+ mount setup... These are 87-94 Eibach springs too so I'm not sure why Eibach's last coil stops in a different spot.
IMG_20160521_185343_zpspftobzu9.JPG

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

? Why does this car already have eibach springs, I thought u bought it from a little ole lady? Why would she have eibachs on the car

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

He has had this car for 3yrs roughly now, do I honestly think Jon can leave a beretta stock for that long lol, he even mentioned in Tennessee couple times that he put in koni and eibachs the first time he went through the car :-)

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Red_Bra_Black_GTZ wrote:? Why does this car already have eibach springs, I thought u bought it from a little ole lady? Why would she have eibachs on the car
Wow you are in the dark... I was in on the Eibach 87-94 group buy before anyone knew I had the car... It's debut was at Bfest TN where it already had Koni shocks installed and Eibach lowering springs. This car was not purchased from an old lady either. I bought it from the daughter of the original owner who did care for it well but it's still 26yrs old so the suspension on it was garbage. The struts were in worn shape and so were the other mounts and components so first thing I did was update it to what I wanted.... Adjustable Koni. I can still go back to FE7 springs if I want to but as noted when I built this suspension the upper mounts worked perfectly with the Eibach spring and I fear the newer mount wont work as well with the original FE7 spring but that's for anther time to investigate... I have too much going on to test that.

Just go back to page 1, it's all listed there of what was done to it before TN bfest.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Red_Bra_Black_GTZ

Post by Red_Bra_Black_GTZ »

I had a brain fart!