DTMAce's Z26 project - DD usage for the time being - 6-8-12

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, we finished putting on the paint & clear about an hour ago.  Just took these...

Anyways, once this cures, will start putting her back together.  Have to get it out of the shop by Christmas. ÂÂÂ

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

wicked-irocz

Howdy all

Post by wicked-irocz »

looking very nice.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Man, that looks good! A little darker than the old paint?

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Yeah, it is a bit darker, but if you put it to a light, it still matches, just has a darker hue in low light.  I actually like it though.

Right now I am starting to re assemble the thing, get stuff put back on, etc.  Will put up more pictures later on!

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, now that the paint has cured enough to work with, removed the masking tape, and started putting things together.  Washed and cleaned the plastic parts that go on the front end, including the wheel wells, the lower skirts, etc.  Also washed the tail lights and fillers, so I can prep them for paint.  Mounted the fog and turn lamps into the steel bumper insert, put some stuff on the front of the car, etc.

Put the trim back in place on the outer door, rear pillar covers, etc...  Charging the battery back up.  Anyways, should have it back together enough to get it out of the garage within the next few days, minus Christmas of course!

Enjoy!

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

The patch area looks ultra clean now. The whole car looks great! That was a very good job on the masking, there is no overspray anywhere. Man, that seatbelt does look bad. I didn't know it was that far gone.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Bah, it is mostly just dirt.  Going to attempt to clean them later this winter when I redo the interior.  The material is ok.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

lots of dirt there. If they work good that's what matters.    When will you get the filler painted?

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Either it was painted tonight, or it will be painted sometime tomorrow or when I am back during Christmas.

I had masked off the areas, used a red pad on the areas to be painted.  Then those areas were going to be primered, then painted the color of the car, then the letters get painted red, then all of it cleared.  Then pull the masking, and buff the taillights and fillers.

DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Just finished putting on the tail lights tonight.  These now have a total of 10 LED bulbs (102 LEDS per light)  They appear to be fairly bright to me, and had them side by side with the regular lamps, didn't see that much of a difference.

Here is a quick pic of the assembled look:

More to come in the next few days.....  

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Looks very nice! The red paint will look real good with that. Thanks for keeping us here up to date on what you are doing.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Sure no prob.  Will get the letters painted soon.  Today been working on it some more, installed the headlight support and the headlights and tested, they work perfectly fine.  Apparently got good bulbs from the base in WI.    Just need to tweak the lines, not happy with how the stuff lines up horizontally left to right and when looking down from the edge of the hood yet.  Once I get them where I can make it all look fairly even I will snap some pics.

Installed the front bumper inner steel support and stuff.  Getting it ready to mount.  Right now working on finishing my LED sidemarkers and brake light.  Hope to have them all done, glued and tested tonight so I can mount them on tomorrow.

I do not have my LED Z26 inserts made yet, so not sure if I will be putting the GEs on just yet or not.  I really don't want to stick them on, only to have to take them back off to put in the inserts.  I plan (or hope to) get them assembled and working before April.  May just do that stuff when I do the interior late March or April.  Will have to see how it goes.

Will try to get some more pics later this week before new years.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Just had a thought on the Z26 LED's. What about putting it in the brake light on the spoiler?

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

No.  That is just tacky.  I thought about it at one time, but not the way for me.    I would rather see it on the GE's, never been done.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Shot down in flames! I just thought it would be less work. Tacky, yea I wouldn't do it. When will you get the spoiler on? Are the holes still there?

keep'em flying!