Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
themadness

Re: DTMAce's Z26 project - DD usage for the time being - 6-8

Post by themadness »

parting it out?

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Don't know. Would rather just unload the whole thing. I'm sure its not a bad bit to fix, just really don't want to put much more wrench time into this car. I know it needs the tranny rebuilt, needs a radiator, and it has some sort of electrical issue, causing it to run like complete crap, even affecting the gauges. Either that, or the engine has a mechanical issue, though I haven't found one yet.

The main good, is that it looks really nice body wise, straight, no dents, very few if any scratches, etc. All exterior lighting is LED based. Some converted, some bulbs. Aftermarket horn, aftermarket rear sub.

Needs tires, has some underbody rust, has driver's side leak that I have yet to pin down, but suspect its the lower seam that meets the floorpan. Both front lower pillars have rust.

All of the brakes were redone recently, as were the bearings and the ball joints. Original exhaust but new muffler, even kept the stock tips.
Have new decals for the doors.

LIMG done at 212k. She has over 240k now.

Will put up a proper sale post sometime later this week.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

I just spent the last 30 minutes flipping thru all 33 pages of this thread - I never did see/read anything about the door pillar rust you had. Did you fix it?

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Planned to at some point, but never did get around to it. Just needs new metal put in. I know that sounds simple, it isn't, but that's what it needs. Inner structure could be compromised to though.

I do appreciate you taking the time to peruse the entire thread though, thanks. There was a lot of stuff in there. And I did a lot of learning as I went too.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

80zfreak

Post by 80zfreak »

I just scanned through all 33 pages of this thread. It seems you have put a ton of work in this car. One of the plus's is that you have done all of the work so you know what you have. Being new to the site and seeing the rust problems you have had, I'm thinking I'd be best off to find a car from the south. LOL. Great looking car you have.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I just got notified that you had posted today. Strange.

Thanks for reading through the thread! Right now, not sure what I'm doing with this beretta. Either doing a lot of work and fixing it, or scrapping her, as much as I hate to say it. :(

Spring will decide.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

It sucks when you get so far in to a car and have rust issues to be fixed. Been there, done that.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't owned it all its life. I want to be the only owner, but I don't want it to end like this. LOL But its going to depend on what the spring brings. I already have to scrap the base once the snow is gone. I have to sell/scrap the 97 Voyager once I get the 02 Caravan to replace that going. Again, in spring. As I said lots to do.

I already know what I may end up doing to the Z, providing I'm willing to do it.

Pull the dash.
Pull the engine/tranny.
Strip the firewall.
Expose the front lower pillars.
Fix the rust problems therein.
Find the issue in the electronics, or replace all the harness (if that happens, it goes over to a 96 harness and ECM)
Drop in a plain 3400, no extremism. Rebuild the transmission.
New tires (may go with the ones on the base, with new tread, or something, who knows.
Redo the LED lighting again.
Dress the car nice.
Put it up for sale.

That is best scenario. More than likely, she is going to be parted and scrapped. More to come as I think about it. Its given me many great years of service. But I have honestly used the crap out of the car and saved it a few times already.

May get rid of both this spring, and start looking for what I really want. Yellow 1990 Indy 3.1 with the manual and an OEM sunroof. Too bad I missed out on the 4k plus one, that would have been perfect, but I won't mind a fixer, as long as it isn't completely junk. Prefer one with little to no rust and running at least. I can always repaint it.

80zfreak

Post by 80zfreak »

Did you check out the Yellow 90 Indy on Houston CL? It's not a 5 speed, but should be rust free being that its a Texas car.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Actually the more I think about this today, the more likely its going to be scrapped. I know a lot of the floor pan is wasted, from the last time I worked on the floor. and the last time I used the pinch weld to jack the car up it crushed it over (or was going to but I stopped before it was too bad)

Start saving up, plan for what parts you guys may want off of both of them. No dibs or early grabs till spring though. I know there will be some items kept from them, to be used eventually on the one I do want to build, but more on that later.

Look for this one and the black one to be listed for parts around April. Along with my myriad of other past parts. Yes the LED stuff that is on the car will be available. Whatever car I end up with later will be getting all new stuff. But no asking for it till its listed! lol