DTMAce's Z26 project - DD usage for the time being - 6-8-12

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

I was going to put the spoiler on tonight, but I have been swamped the last two days with computers to repair, put me behind a bit unfortunately.  Will get it on soon enough.   Of course the holes are still there, why would I remove them only to put them back?  lol

All I need to do really, is finish the LED brake light, have it ready to wire in, and assemble the thing.  The rear bumper is ready to go on, just want to replace the muffler first and the front bumper is ready to go on, but I want to fix the lower lip support, so that my bumper isn't smiling anymore.  Hope to fabricate a new support out of some aluminum.  Shouldn't be too hard to do.  I have two plastic supports, but both are broken, one worse than the other, and neither will help align it where it needs to go.  Figure an aluminum one will do better.

Once all that is done, I can get it out of the building and put it in storage till later this March, or first of April, then do the interior and other final things.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I just thought the paint may have sealed the holes shut.

keep'em flying!
woody90gtz

Howdy all

Post by woody90gtz »

Nice project you've got going.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Thanks Woody...  Still like the way yours looks.   Maybe someday I will drop a bigger engine in, when I have the time and money to do so.  

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, I have a few more updates to show you all.

Have put the front and rear bumpers on the car.  Yay!  That was fun though, getting things to line up, trying to make everything look good from the front, the side, the top, etc...  But it is starting to look like a Z again.  Anyway, here are some shots.

These two are just shots of the front, to see the not-smiling-any-more front lip.  

These two pics show how that was done, quite simple from my original plan.  Basically some stainless steel welded to reinforce the center bracket, and force the front lip up.  Very easy to make up, just have to plan for how much angle to make it force the lip to the right position.  Took like 15 minutes to make.

Another shot across the lip.  Yes the car is filthy with dust already.  Don't worry it will be cleaned.  lol

All I have left is some of the lower front plastic support panels, the lights, and it will be back together.  The rear spoiler is on and the rear bumper as well as the new muffler, will get pics of that later.

Questions let me know!

Bandit

Howdy all

Post by Bandit »

Car's deffinatly coming together nicely!  The only thing I noticed is that you left the area around the fog light/turn signals Aqua instead of painting them black like the factory.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Yep, did that on purpose.  Never liked that look, and the last time it was replaced (when I clobbered a raccoon @ 80) the black chipped off the thing after a while and looked like ****.  Yes this is the 3rd front cover I have put on this car.  Just got done mounting the driver's side GE's, have to put on the passenger side yet, finish putting the bolts in the bottoms, and for the most part the exterior is done, other than install the side markers and 3rd brake light.  Going into storage this week till sometime late March or first of April.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

It's going to be a long wait for some of us. As I said before, this has been a great come back story. Are you going to take it to Bfest?

keep'em flying!
6r8ph1X

Howdy all

Post by 6r8ph1X »

wow man, looks awesome, can you get any more shots of the LED lights you have put in? and possibly part numbers and stuff. I love the look of the side markers, and i would actually probably consider making mine like that too. Thanks, let me know, and once again, beautiful car.

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Bfest is out this year, unfortunately.  I will be taking to the Michigan meetup, but that will be about it.  Might be down in Ohio later this summer with it to visit some family not too far from Beavercreek... LOL

Bandit

Howdy all

Post by Bandit »

(DTMAce @ Jan. 05 2009,17:56)QUOTEYep, did that on purpose.  Never liked that look, and the last time it was replaced (when I clobbered a raccoon @ 80) the black chipped off the thing after a while and looked like ****.  Yes this is the 3rd front cover I have put on this car.  Just got done mounting the driver's side GE's, have to put on the passenger side yet, finish putting the bolts in the bottoms, and for the most part the exterior is done, other than install the side markers and 3rd brake light.  Going into storage this week till sometime late March or first of April.
I kind of feel the same way about the black.  I'm torn as to when/if I paint my car if I want to keep the black or go all white.

I'll have to get a hold of you sometime before the meet and get last minute details since I no longer visit bshit.  I still plan to get up that way for the meet.  Just don't know if I'll have my 17's on it by then or not.

- Ryan -
1987 Jeep Wrangler 4x4
1995 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab 4x4
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

Well, if you don't know already bandit, the date for the MI meet is April 25-26th.  rettagurl has already lined up a hotel willing to do 2 people to a room for 50 bucks.  Not bad.

I will be taking some final pictures once I get it out of the garage before it goes into storage for the next couple months, don't worry.  

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Can't wait to see it in the sun.

keep'em flying!
DTMAce

Howdy all

Post by DTMAce »

If we have any.  Which I doubt.  No matter though.  It will be going into storage either tomorrow night or Friday morning and stay there till sometime in late March or so.  

Unless my van blows up.  I nearly lost the engine in that this past weekend, due to one of the engine mounts losing not 1 or 2 bolts, but 3!!  Arg!  But that is fixed now.  Still don't understand how 3 bolts could have come loose and fallen out...  Makes no sense.

Money pit Beretta

Howdy all

Oh well some sun is better than none. Wow three bolts gone, hope they are not in the tires. My 90 picked up a jack screw one time that was long enough to stick out 1/2 an inch out of the tire and it was touching the wheel.

keep'em flying!