My Berettas and Stuff :)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
GT_Indy

Re: My Berettas and Stuff :)

Post by GT_Indy »

No X or H pipe on the Cadillac. I'll add one in the future but its not critical at the moment.

My 96 Beretta Muffler is awesome, the exhaust is hardly noticeable if at all, the 3100 cfm radiator fans are the loud part of that car. They sound like a jet engine when they come on. lol
I did more work on my 96, I finally added the relay for the Z26 trunk popper to work.

Fun Fact: The positive side of the starter solenoid is actually the ground for the coil inside the trunk release relay. When the starter motor comes on it stops being a ground and becomes 12 volts. Looks like the trunk solenoid won't activate while the starter is cranking, super inconvenient. LOL :D
Photo added from the 1996 Beretta GM service book 2 of 2 for reference:

Wow 5 mufflers on your car? Where did you find the space to fit all of them?
Last edited by GT_Indy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Finally finished my 96 Beretta! :)
All new Steering Rack, wheel bearings, front suspension joints, front brakes, tires, and the water leak that started over winter is finally sealed.
Now all I have to do is give the car a wash and it will be super shiny again! :)
I even have a set of euro headlights made of aluminum that I got from a member here some years back, I'm planning to rebuild them and put them in my 96 Beretta.

I'm just sad because the transmission has an issue on my sunbird, I don't feel like fixing it so its for sale now. :(
Last edited by GT_Indy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Its official, the Sunbird is sold today and my 96 Beretta is now my daily driver.
I'm going to miss the car, but now I will enjoy my other cars.

EPfiffner

Post by EPfiffner »

Someone got a really nice sunbird, that's for sure! I know firsthand that keeping a bunch of cars in tip top shape can be overwhelming, so focusing on the Beretta's and the way-cool Caddy will be easier.

The j-body guys would be trippin all over themselves for that sunbird lol

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

EPfiffner wrote:Someone got a really nice sunbird, that's for sure! I know firsthand that keeping a bunch of cars in tip top shape can be overwhelming, so focusing on the Beretta's and the way-cool Caddy will be easier.

The j-body guys would be trippin all over themselves for that sunbird lol
Thanks. :)
It had some trouble with the transmission is the main reason why I decided not to keep it. I don't really have the desire to do more work at this point.
The family who bought it was nice. They must have really wanted it because they came from out of state to get it right away. I'm just glad it went to a nice home.
Its time to start enjoying my Black & White Beretta's. :)

EPfiffner

Post by EPfiffner »

Well they are hard to find, esp in that condition!

I saw you had the swapped Z on Craig's for a while before you decided to DD it.
I don't think most people appreciate how much effort it took to get it to the point you have it unless you are part of the "community".

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

EPfiffner wrote:Well they are hard to find, esp in that condition!

I saw you had the swapped Z on Craig's for a while before you decided to DD it.
I don't think most people appreciate how much effort it took to get it to the point you have it unless you are part of the "community".
Yah I can never seem to part with a car too easily.
I almost sold the swapped Z26 and my 90 GTZ a few times, but I could never make the final decision to part with the cars, having the money doesn't feel the same as having the car.
I can agree with that, most people who looked at the 96 Z26 swap or 90 GTZ never seemed to appreciate the work I did or the work the previous owners did. Most buyers only ever cared about how long they could daily drive it before junking it. Same with the sunbird, before the guy who got the sunbird contacted me there were people lining up because they wanted to make a track/derby car out of it.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

So the windshield has a nice long 20 inch crack up the middle, the top part is curved towards the passenger side, on my 96 Beretta as of this morning.
The crack is inside the window, I cannot feel it on either side of the window when I touch it.
I assume the weather caused it because it was around 100'F and the car being black paint felt like it was over 300'F because the door handle burned my fingers yesterday. So that happened. :cry:

Time to find a replacement windshield, hopefully they still exist.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

GT_Indy wrote:So the windshield has a nice long 20 inch crack up the middle, the top part is curved towards the passenger side, on my 96 Beretta as of this morning.
The crack is inside the window, I cannot feel it on either side of the window when I touch it.
I assume the weather caused it because it was around 100'F and the car being black paint felt like it was over 300'F because the door handle burned my fingers yesterday. So that happened. :cry:

Time to find a replacement windshield, hopefully they still exist.
I had to replace the windshield on my first Z-26 after my niece bumper-tagged someone with it, then kept driving the car with a bobbly-hood until it finally kissed the glass on the highway -luckily no one was hurt. %) That was several years ago, but it was $99 installed, and the guy threw in a free surround gasket too. The glass had the eyebrow tint, was very good quality, UV resistant, etc, and the guy put it in fast and clean -yeah, he got a good tip! :good: It is worth calling around to a few different places, and the big-name shops are usually rip-offs. Sorry to hear about that set-back, right after doing so much work to the car -that can be frustrating.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

I have a call out to the chevy dealer so I'll find out tomorrow about pricing.
The only good thing is Ill find out how good their work is and that will let me know if I can trust them with the 90 GTZ because it needs a windshield too.
I am also saving to have the 90 GTZ repainted, the paint job it has now isn't holding, the paint flakes because the primer is chalky/dusty, and the hood has blemishes that I can see. A family member owns a custom paint shop and does professional paint work, has a complete booth and oven and everything so that is the plan with the gtz once I save up for it.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

GT_Indy wrote:I have a call out to the chevy dealer so I'll find out tomorrow about pricing.
:shock: If they'll even touch it, I'm betting $400-$600... Even Safelite (or whatever they are called now) will likely want $300. Hey, my info is dated though, I could be surprised... :pardon:

Your GTZ looks near to spotless to me, sorry the paint is going. My GTU is suffering from GM's peel-o-matic '80s formulations, and honestly I just want it to all fall off at once, so I can just respray the car. But, it is a decal car, so that makes repaint a little trickier for me. My Teal Indy is even worse, and the primer on that car is bad too, so I've got even more work there. Right now, I have more cars that need paint than ones that don't. :(

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

I'm not sure. Safelight looks like about 250 starting price but every review I read about them is bad for the ones where I live. I'm not sure I want to risk it just yet.
It bugs me when people get near my cars, I had a hard time when I let the dealer install the LNF Stage 2 kit (Dealer Upgrade), the ECM reflash, and the 2 recalls on my 08 Saturn sky.

The camera angle helps hide the blemishes on the GTZ hood. lol.
This is a photo of the paint on my Indy. That's the level of quality I want bring the GTZ back to. Its like a yellow mirror.
The 96 Z26 swap is like that when its clean, but being driven daily it gets dirty easily.
Every day I go to the garage to look at the Indy I want to take it out to a show, I don't take it out much except for routine maintnence and to work the parts. And only on cloudy warm days to keep the dash nice. :)
The GTZ and z26 swap have audio and Euro headlights, they will get Euro tails soon to, but the Indy I'm keeping factory.
I also have a walk around video of the Indy from the last time it was out, I'll have to put it on YouTube or something later.
Last edited by GT_Indy on Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Finished my Euro Headlight Conversion on my 96! :)

Now I have a matching Black and White Pair of Berettas! :)
And I'm still waiting on the windshield to be fixed... :(

I finally have my cars where I like them, aside from the euro lights. I feel the euro tail lights will be a good safety upgrade because most cars have separate turn signals these days.
I'm thinking I will just enjoy them and drive them every day as they are from this point forward. The Beretta is definitely fun to drive.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Sorting through more of my photos, this is from when the car came out of the garage in 2014, you can see how it was hiding in what little shade was left. lol

I still want to post more photos of this car, its really immaculate. No flaws what so ever.
I updated my main post with more current info on all 3 of my Berettas.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Shout out to Ryan, Thank you for packing these Euro Tails so nice!
Now I finally have the second set of tails I can complete my euro conversion on both of my Black and White Beretta's! :D

Now to figure out where that thread is with the directions on the rear tail light conversion. lol
But its ok, we have service books! lol. :)
(Don't worry, I have 3 extra new books for the 90 yellow Indy, this 90 book is my used book)