The Z26 you all wanted to see

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm

I finally got around to taking pictures of my z26. (Also because it just got a polish and wax so it looks amazinggggg!)

Its a 1996 Beretta Z26 in black with the red interior

Not entirely sure about how many options it has, but it doesnt have a CD player or sunroof. But I think other than that, it's fully loaded.

It has power windows, power locks, trunk release button, and the upgraded cluster package.

It has a 4 speed auto with OD and the 3.1L 3100 V6


Got if for 5,000 including the TTF
When I for it, it had 64,XXX miles
It now has 65,470
I got it in May 2018 and I've put about 1,400 miles on since.

When I got it, the car was bone stock. No mods, original interior(which is in perfect shape) and everything else was in great shape!
There was a hole in the muffler, so the guy we bought it from bought a new one, and was nice enough to weld the original dual tips to it as the new one had a single tip.

The oil level sensor was also faulty, so that was replaced me him too.

Other than that, the only things that were wrong with it were a broken console latch (which was my mother's fault), and the cracked third brake light, which was repaired with gorilla glue, so it doesnt look the best.

The only mods I have done are installing a Viper 5301 Keyless entry/Remote start system. Other than that, the car is stock.
I also plan to mod a radio with Bluetooth, but that project is on hold as I lost some buttons from the radio I tried to use, and I messed up the front panel of it. So if anyone has those parts, Please PM me.

I also want to install an auto on headlight mod as I forget to turn them on sometimes at night. Those daytime runners always get me.

Other than those, there really isn't any other mods I plan to do. I want to try to keep the car as stock as possible and keep it looking stock to, so any mods I want to be unnoticeable.

If there's anything else any of you want to see, or any things I should do, Let me know!

So now, the moment you've all been waiting for. The pictures.


IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

20181107_153247.jpg

20181107_153705.jpg

20181107_153734.jpg

20181107_153753.jpg

20181109_120754.jpg

20181107_153747.jpg

20180527_152320.jpg
Attachments
20181107_153720.jpg



User avatar
Rettax3
Registered User
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Rettax3 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 am

Wow! That is beautiful, everything you said the car is. Nice garage space too -I like that vertical lighting! Red Z interior is hard to find, I think I might have seen one in person, once... Glad you are taking care of that beauty the way it deserves. :good:

I think the LIMG (Lower Intake Manifold Gasket) upgrade already came up in an earlier thread with you, and I'm sure you know about the dread Beretta firewall leak issue, although it almost looks like that car doesn't see rain anyway. Consider a tranny service, just to keep the fluid additives from breaking down from age -the tranny has few enough miles that the service isn't overdue yet. Not much else should need to be addressed beyond the obvious routine maintenance, just continue to enjoy that ride.


1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26

Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:09 am

Rettax3 wrote:Wow! That is beautiful, everything you said the car is. Nice garage space too -I like that vertical lighting! Red Z interior is hard to find, I think I might have seen one in person, once... Glad you are taking care of that beauty the way it deserves. :good:

I think the LIMG (Lower Intake Manifold Gasket) upgrade already came up in an earlier thread with you, and I'm sure you know about the dread Beretta firewall leak issue, although it almost looks like that car doesn't see rain anyway. Consider a tranny service, just to keep the fluid additives from breaking down from age -the tranny has few enough miles that the service isn't overdue yet. Not much else should need to be addressed beyond the obvious routine maintenance, just continue to enjoy that ride.


Thanks! Unfortunately the garage space isn't mine. Its the detail shops. But I loved those pics so I thought I would use them.

Also are the LIMG and the fluid change something I could tackle or would it be best to leave it to the pros?



User avatar
heavywoody
Global Moderator
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:10 pm
Location: Concord, NC
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Contact:

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby heavywoody » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 am

If you are mechanically inclined, it’s not a bad job. You do need to remove the PS pump and support the motor from the bottom to disconnect the motor mount during the repair, but again it’s not a bad job if you are mechanically inclined.

Since the car is a 96, it should have auto headlights, or “Twilight Sentinal” as it was advertised back in the day. The sensor is under the defroster grill in the dash.

Welcome! Get a dash cover for that mint dash to keep it that way!


Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Image

User avatar
ifixalot
Registered User
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Deerfield Illinois
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby ifixalot » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Beautiful car!!!!
I wish you the best of luck with it.



Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:56 pm

ifixalot wrote:Beautiful car!!!!
I wish you the best of luck with it.


Thanks!



Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:57 pm

heavywoody wrote:If you are mechanically inclined, it’s not a bad job. You do need to remove the PS pump and support the motor from the bottom to disconnect the motor mount during the repair, but again it’s not a bad job if you are mechanically inclined.

Since the car is a 96, it should have auto headlights, or “Twilight Sentinal” as it was advertised back in the day. The sensor is under the defroster grill in the dash.

Welcome! Get a dash cover for that mint dash to keep it that way!


Im not that inclined. So I probably wont take on that task. And I do not believe my car came with the the Twilight Sentinal. My old car had it but not this one.



User avatar
Rettax3
Registered User
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Rettax3 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:59 pm

Cam2363 wrote:
heavywoody wrote:If you are mechanically inclined, it’s not a bad job. You do need to remove the PS pump and support the motor from the bottom to disconnect the motor mount during the repair, but again it’s not a bad job if you are mechanically inclined.


Im not that inclined. So I probably wont take on that task. And I do not believe my car came with the the Twilight Sentinal. My old car had it but not this one.

In that case, be prepared to spend $400-$600 for the LIMG upgrade. The point of it is to ditch GM's brain-trust idea of using plastic gaskets on the top-end of the aluminum cylinder heads, and upgrade to steel-and-rubber gaskets before they crack and let coolant into your oil-pan, thus destroying your engine's bottom-end and possibly more if the coolant-loss also results in over-heating. Fel-Pro, Victor-Reinz, and Dorman all manufactured these upgraded gaskets, but beware because they also make OE-grade $#!t plastic parts as a cheaper alternative. The so-called 'update' from GM utilizes brass bolsters inset into the plastic gaskets at the bolt-holes that prevent them from cracking as easily if over-torqued or tightened in the wrong sequence, but those are still plastic and still turn brittle over time. So, if you are taking it in to a shop (NOT a dealer!) be certain they understand what you want installed, or you could end up with basically a fresher set of the same junk GM provided in the first place.

Good luck!


1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26

Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Rettax3 wrote:
Cam2363 wrote:
heavywoody wrote:If you are mechanically inclined, it’s not a bad job. You do need to remove the PS pump and support the motor from the bottom to disconnect the motor mount during the repair, but again it’s not a bad job if you are mechanically inclined.


Im not that inclined. So I probably wont take on that task. And I do not believe my car came with the the Twilight Sentinal. My old car had it but not this one.

In that case, be prepared to spend $400-$600 for the LIMG upgrade. The point of it is to ditch GM's brain-trust idea of using plastic gaskets on the top-end of the aluminum cylinder heads, and upgrade to steel-and-rubber gaskets before they crack and let coolant into your oil-pan, thus destroying your engine's bottom-end and possibly more if the coolant-loss also results in over-heating. Fel-Pro, Victor-Reinz, and Dorman all manufactured these upgraded gaskets, but beware because they also make OE-grade $#!t plastic parts as a cheaper alternative. The so-called 'update' from GM utilizes brass bolsters inset into the plastic gaskets at the bolt-holes that prevent them from cracking as easily if over-torqued or tightened in the wrong sequence, but those are still plastic and still turn brittle over time. So, if you are taking it in to a shop (NOT a dealer!) be certain they understand what you want installed, or you could end up with basically a fresher set of the same junk GM provided in the first place.

Good luck!


Ouch. That would be a chunk of money. I was planning on doing a ceramic coating to protect the paint. So I think that would be first than maybe I can tackle the LIMG. Would it be wise to buy the part I want and have the mechanic install it? My guy has done a similar thing with my moms van as i couldn't do the job.

But I'll definetly do that as I would hate to blow my engine.



skoot88
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby skoot88 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:25 pm

Looks really really nice! I have 95 z26 Also



Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:23 am

skoot88 wrote:Looks really really nice! I have 95 z26 Also


Awesome!



User avatar
weba
Registered User
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:34 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland.
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby weba » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:32 am

That red interior really works with the black car, very nice



Cam2363
Registered User
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Z26 you all wanted to see

Postby Cam2363 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 am

weba wrote:That red interior really works with the black car, very nice


Thank you! :good:




Return to “Members Rides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests