So I went and looked at an Indy yesterday

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
rettagurl

Post by rettagurl »

I was at a party friday night and was told there was a yellow indy for sale over in Freeland.  So after class Saturday I swung over to take a look at it.

It has 186k, guy wants $1200 for it, Yellow, automatic.  I would not give the guy $200 for it and heres why

*Indy lip is cracked almost in half

*Hood is smashed in on pass. side and peeled up by the windsheild on the pass. side

*someone tried to do backyard body work behind the drivers door area and the color doesn't match and the body work is horrible

*HUGE cig hole in the drivers seats...this car had seats in it I've never seen in another car.  They were Z26 seats but the inner section was like a grey tweedish material and the outer sections was grey vinyl.

*front bumper is peeling and is blue underneath

*missing indy sticker on pass door, drivers side sticker almost trashed

I called my dad because i warned him if it was nice I might be bringing it home.  Come to find out it's the SAME car they looked at for me 2 years ago.  This guy cannot get rid of it because he wants way to much for it and it's a major pos.

The sad thing is it isn't even worth buying to part out the car is so trashed.

And while I'm on the topic of berettas, I was flipping through the computer in parts friday and I can order almost anything for my car, from factory Z26 stickers to rocker replacement kits, to body mouldings...it's crazy!  I was  pretty excited about it ÂÂÂ

**I don't know why I posted it in members rides can someone move it to the offtopic area or whatever it's called**

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins turbo Diesel
1996 Beretta Base 3100
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Huh...the seats sound like maybe they were reupholstered at some point to be like the Taurus SHO seats in the mid '90's. Or maybe they ARE SHO seats,dunno. Good call, from the sounds of it I wouldn't buy that pos either.

rettagurl

Post by rettagurl »

No they are def. Z26/GTZ seats...I'm going to say they have been reupholstered but they are so damn ugly

1998 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins turbo Diesel
1996 Beretta Base 3100
BDEE

Post by BDEE »

Im sure if you actually try to order those parts, a good number of them will be close to, or actually discontinued.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Moved as requested.

I won't waste any money on that car... it doesn't sound like there are any worthy parts on the car.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions