Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
snowblindburd
Administrator

Re: snowblindburd's Black Betty: 1995 Base

Post by snowblindburd »

IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Yukky snow. You get the fuse issue figured out?

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I haven't had much time to get back home. The crappy weather and no garage to work on it at the moment also hindered progress a bit. I was wondering if I unplugged various sensors/etc and tested it one by one if that would help or if those wires would still be hot regardless and cause it to blow. I guess that would only help me figure out if a sensor or something else is internally wrong.

Is there a fuse for the fuel pump somewhere? I tried a new relay in the relay area on the right strut tower but those didn't seem to be faulty at all. The Haynes manual mentions a fuse possibly in the right front corner of the engine bay, but theres nothing there i saw.

I heard the pump engage and run shortly when I turned the ignition to "On" using a slightly larger fuse (dangerous but wanted to see if it would turn on), and then the fuse blew. With the 15A fuse it blows as soon as i turn it to on.

I need to get wire tracing soon, and learn how to use a multimeter.

lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

snowblindburd wrote:Hahaha that's hilarious :D. I can't wait til spring to get some work done to this girl. I might do a little over the winter if I get some down time, but spring/summer should be wonderful for my car.

I forget their name. It was a red 96 Base with Z gfx that got hit pretty bad in the rear quarter. Chad would know a lot more about it.
The red base came from tanya's ex jason I believe. I was supposed to get the engine to put into my '89 since I was tearing apart the 96 base in my garage...but some things just didn't pan out. At least I got the engine all unbolted for you. :)

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Yeah, things were kinda weird then as I remember. Sorry for any trouble I may have caused, it really was not intended.

lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

There is a fuel pump relay on the firewall. That happened to one of mine and that is what fixed it. Thats the only fuel pump fuse that I am aware of. Its black and near the top middle of the firewall. Other then that, check all the wires. Be carefull that any of the wires are not pinched near the gas tank. Have you figured out it was the fuel pump? Maybe the ECM under the coil packs may be bad. If it is the car would turn over as well just not start.

Chadwick Loniello
Beretta Net Member #713
1989 Chevrolet Beretta GT/U
1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

snowblindburd wrote:Yeah, things were kinda weird then as I remember. Sorry for any trouble I may have caused, it really was not intended.
No trouble at all. You never caused any problems. Just the individual that told me I could have the engine was upset that I wasn't spending enough time with them and was upset that they were not at my house to help pull the engine (at least thats what I was told)...so I gave it all back.

Its all good. I ordered my 3400 and should have that installed by march after I do some customizing to it. :)

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I see. Well at any rate I still apologize for unintentionally delaying your 3400 swap.

Thank you for the advice. Which car were you having the issues on? The Hayne's manual is rather vague when it talks about different years "possibly" having things located in different spots. I checked all the relays on the passenger shock tower. Once I get back down there I'll look elsewhere on the firewall and get the car up in the air so I can take a better look at the gas tank and that area.

I was able to run the fuel pump just fine through the bypass wire, so I think that it is fine.

The fuse will blow when the ignition is turned to "on" when the fuel pump should begin priming. (and it does very briefly).

Things I've yet to check are the ground for the fuel pump because I've either been busy or it's been too dang cold to tear the interior out, and the possibility I may have severed a wire on the steering column.

Hopefully I'll have her running again soon.

lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

snowblindburd wrote:I see. Well at any rate I still apologize for unintentionally delaying your 3400 swap.

Thank you for the advice. Which car were you having the issues on? The Hayne's manual is rather vague when it talks about different years "possibly" having things located in different spots. I checked all the relays on the passenger shock tower. Once I get back down there I'll look elsewhere on the firewall and get the car up in the air so I can take a better look at the gas tank and that area.

I was able to run the fuel pump just fine through the bypass wire, so I think that it is fine.

The fuse will blow when the ignition is turned to "on" when the fuel pump should begin priming. (and it does very briefly).

Things I've yet to check are the ground for the fuel pump because I've either been busy or it's been too dang cold to tear the interior out, and the possibility I may have severed a wire on the steering column.

Hopefully I'll have her running again soon.
It was on my '89. lol. But....the fuse for the pump is on the shock tower like you mentioned. Its hard for me to think that any wire within the ignition would cause the problem, but, if i were you, I would look there too. Make sure you have all the right tools to pull off the airbag c-clips that hold the steering wheel on. The '96 was 3x as hard as my '89. the '89 you just losen a bolt and the whole thing is all right there. lol

why don't you take a break from WI and come out to Cali to help me with my car!!!

Chadwick Loniello
Beretta Net Member #713
1989 Chevrolet Beretta GT/U
1996 Chevrolet Beretta Z26
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4X4
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I'd love to if I wasn't in in school right now lol!

I have the right tools for pulling the wheel and lock plate and I don't have an airbag wheel anymore anyhow lol! My only concern is that on the wheel that's on there has a sharp edge on the back of it that my have connected with the yellow air bag wire. Don't know if that would have any effect at all, but I want to get a wheel that's in better shape and put it on there anyhow.

beroutofjtown

Post by beroutofjtown »

can any one tell me how he got them head lights? i want them i searched all over online and i didn't come up with anything

3 speed auto to a 5 speed manual
Body kit going on soon
1993 Beretta GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

BMW E36 style... There are tons of versions out there.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

twilighter33

Post by twilighter33 »

what kind how headlights did u put on your beretta love the way they look. i love the beretta 2

90berettaGT
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Jon (3X00-Modified) should know. I got them from the guy that bought them from him. So I have no idea where they are from.