January 2010 Project Begins (Raspberry)

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Money pit Beretta

Re: January 2010 Project Begins (Raspberry)

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Not a good spot, but the ash tray/cup holder is an idea. How often are you going to look at it?

keep'em flying!
Rex 2.0
Global Moderator

Post by Rex 2.0 »

I was lucky enough to get this from asylum. I still need more gauges to fill it though.

92 GTZ TURBO <-- Rex Mobile
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Damn you... I remember when that was for sale. I'm going to talk to lotek and see if there is any chance they can mold a 3rd pod on their 2 pod setup now.

And as noted if I were to put the gauge in the top right hand corner in the plate then I would not be able to see it past my big ass shifter knob... lol

Time to re-think this one.

And I have no idea how often I'll look at it... But at the same time I asked myself do I really need a fuel pressure gague... and I do look at that one quite often.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

3X00-Modified wrote:Damn you... I remember when that was for sale. I'm going to talk to lotek and see if there is any chance they can mold a 3rd pod on their 2 pod setup now.

And as noted if I were to put the gauge in the top right hand corner in the plate then I would not be able to see it past my big ass shifter knob... lol

Time to re-think this one.

And I have no idea how often I'll look at it... But at the same time I asked myself do I really need a fuel pressure gague... and I do look at that one quite often.
You might be able to see it when in D, just not in P.

I like the heater vent spot. haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

i also like the heater vent spot.
old pic but the only vent i have open is the middle one and the one by the passenger side window. the wideband gauge flled the far right middle hole.
different car i know but same idea.

too bad you couldnt have something made like Pat has. you have got to know someone that is good with fabrication. i got an extra one of those trim covers with the vents in it if you want it.

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I have a spare one somewhere too... But your vents I don't have an issue with because it fits them... A round gauge in a rectangle hole looks hacked to me.

I just grabbed a standard metal bracket that I'm going to stick to the right side of the console for now... Lotek gave me no help, they said they weren't going to make a 3 gauge pillar for a beretta ever, and i should look at their universal column mount... and that wont fit a roud column with a hazzard switch on the top.

And you cant see it in D... the shifter handle I'll have in ther blocks the whole top right hand corner when in D.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

i wish i would have went with the 2 5/8 gauge for all the ones i have in the vents but there are a few autometer doesnt make in that size for the style i got. the fuel pressure i had no choice since i got that used and cheap off someone. well the wideband, i have not seen anything bigger than that.

when i was gonna go nuts and build the beretta, i was going to relocate the hvac controls and mount the gauges down there.

what about making something that stacks the gauges along the right side of the radio. angle them up so you can see them but make something to hold something like 3 gauges you could mount there.

one of these years ill finish what i started with the vent gauges but i cant decide on what i want to do. either fill the area around the gauge in so its smooth with the vent ring or finish it with the recessed look.

really crude photoshop but its just so you get the idea of what im rambling about
Attachments
DSC01864.jpg

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
Money pit Beretta

Woody asked, but got no relpy.So I'll ask too. I thought you were going to put the big port 3100 upper on. What happened to that? I swear that you and Isaac told me that the 3500 upper can make the back cylinders run lean. Is that not a no, no when running NOS?

keep'em flying!
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

talk to alxmst(i think this is how its spelled) i know he does some fiberglassing see what he can do for ya

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

3X00-Modified wrote:
99GaGT3X00 wrote:looks good so far. i thought you were going back to the 3100 uim.
I still might, but right now it was easier to do the 3500 one so I have the nitrous port and because I didn't have everything together to make it work right now, bolts and tubes and such, I gotta dig for all of that.
That answer your question?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Yes, very much so, thanks. Damn I should take more time to catch up on things in topics. Just haven't had the time to do it, sorry.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No that's fine lol

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

I'm going to put mine McGavin style. I have a spare gauge cover and I'm going to put gauges on each side of the bulge, like one above the headlight controls, one above the wiper controls.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I was thinking that, but I'm not a huge fan of what he had going on.

Transmission works!

I had it on jackstands under the control arms to get it to ride height, put two tires on the front and after a quick brake bleed I gave her hell... shifted through all gears and speedo was reading 100MPH LOL so seems to be good to test on the road soon. If I finish up my exhaust pipe tonight (really close) I'll take her for a quick spin... I dont want to go too far since the brakes are not bled well... I need a second person to double check it all, the one man bleeder I made works OK, but not the best.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Wow, what RPM was it running at 100mph in the air?

keep'em flying!