Newbie from newfoundland.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
kylez26

Newbie from newfoundland.

Post by kylez26 »

Ill start of by saying that my names kyle, 17 years old. from st.johns newfoundland, Ive been around cars my whole life so i have a fair bit of knowledge on them especially second gen J-bodys.
I just recently bought a 1994 Beretta z26 3100 automatic. 303,000 kms, needs a motor soon crank bearings are knocking. I love the car, but needs the usually minor work. So far ive put my wheels and stereo system into it and put new struts/shocks. and breaks all around on it.
Im Looking for some pointers and misc mods i can do for the time being to get me started. Ive spent the last 4 years studying the z24. now its the berettas turn.

the day i got it home. Put my 14" chrome american racing wheels on it.

Then i bought a 1995 beretta ss for 70$ for parts.

Then traded wheels with my brother.

Money pit Beretta

Re: Newbie from newfoundland.

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Hi and welcome! What are you looking to do? Big mods or just little ones to help out? Yeah that 3100 is not the same as the 3.1, so it's a whole new world. Nice looking cars man!

keep'em flying!
kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Hi and welcome! What are you looking to do? Big mods or just little ones to help out? Yeah that 3100 is not the same as the 3.1, so it's a whole new world. Nice looking cars man!
thanks man. More or less little stuff Like heads up. because this motors days are numbered.Ill be putting a 3400 into it once this blows. but id like to have some fun with this while its there.

I also have a New fuel pump for a 3.4 DOHC Z34, That im pretty sure is putting out more pressure then the stock fuel pump. I was wondering if i could put that and put a set of 3400 Injectors in it to give it a bit more pep?

Also. Im scrapping a 88 3.1 auto Z24, anything i can take off that to make my car more fun/stabile?

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

You can take the strut tower brace off the Z24 if it has one.

And if you PM me your address I'll send you a gas door hinge. I hope you still have the door.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

asylum wrote:You can take the strut tower brace off the Z24 if it has one.

And if you PM me your address I'll send you a gas door hinge. I hope you still have the door.
Well thank you. I couldn't figure out how to send you a PM, so i sent you an E-mail. And unfortunately The Z doesn't have a brace, and if it did it wouldnt bolt up, but i had 2 94 Z braces that someone Stole from my backyard along with some other odds and ends.

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Looks like a good start. Those chrome 14" wheels are trippy. I've never seen them with the correct pattern & offset for a Beretta. Most of them I see are on Camaros.

Welcome aboard!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

Welcome to Beretta Nation!!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
Money pit Beretta

Well that 88 strut tower bar will not fit. I think it has to be a 92 or so. If the holes are in a line then it will work. If they are offset then it will not bolt up.
All and all you better off with a new enigne, there is no point in putting heads on. Now if you have to keep the 3100 for a few years until you build up money then the timing chain should be replaced(if you can get an engine forget about the chain).
If you can't replace the STB's you lost feel free to ask around here for one. Also a rear bar from MRZ Performance is a good buy for around 85 bucks.

A CAI with a K&N would do some good too(it can be used with the 3400 I know you want). Hey watch out for the O2. They will not give a code until there are all the way gone. When they start getting bad they can clog up the cat.

keep'em flying!
kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

When i got the car The front lip was cracked and someone tryed to repaint the bumper with spray paint and covered all the scratches and chips and it looks horrible. So i took the bumper off, Fiberglassed the back, and filled and sanded the front, Brought it to the garage and sprayed it. I also added some copper and red/pink pearl to the paint. Seeing how the car will be getting repainted soon i wanted to see what it would look like.
How the car looked for about a week while i was lazily working on the bumper

You can kind of notice the pearl in the paint in this
Also i tinted my side markers

I also started a little wee side project the other night when i was bored. Just a simple single Gauge pod.

retta

Post by retta »

what type of rims and wheels did you have on the first pic?American racing wheels,,what tyres and rims from what car..they looked perfect on a retta.

Money pit Beretta

Looking good man. Hey what's up with the hood release?

keep'em flying!
kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

So i got In one of my usual moods today and went at the wheels, Polished lips with black centers. Ill have some pictures up tomorrow Seeing how its to dark out now.

And The whole hood Release thing was like that when i got her. It snapped off inside so you just pull that and pop the hood.

kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

Ah What the hell, One isn't going to hurt.

Trying to make a set of center caps. I hate the ones for these, They cover the lugs and they look ugly. So i tryed this. Image

kylez26

Post by kylez26 »

Looks better in the daylight.
And 2 fronts are on.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Guess I better get off my arse and mail you that hinge.

Today!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.