Beretta 2017 Autocross Spec D-prepared

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
2.2H8TA

Re: My Beretta

Post by 2.2H8TA »

My beretta is a 100% stock red 95 4cyl auto. base, so you know. I'd never "rice out" a beretta. I just don't see the point of it, as stated above, the corsica is not the sexiest lookin' thing. I just don't think it'll look right, but hey, it's your car, and I don't think anyones ever done it, so do it up!

1994 AQUA ZED
weba

Post by weba »

That's all i have to say ;)

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Dude, your car looks nice and I'm usually the FIRST guy in line to defend someone doing something "different" but this is a HORRIBLE idea. I could see a Burrito front end on a Corsica maybe, but not vice versa. Please don't.

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Dude, your car looks nice and I'm usually the FIRST guy in line to defend someone doing something "different" but this is a HORRIBLE idea. I could see a Burrito front end on a Corsica maybe, but not vice versa. Please don't.
mmmmm.....Burrito corsica.....

Anyways, I think this anti-front end swap is way overhyped, I totally understand that people just hate the Corsica and everything it stands for (maybe somebody's parents were ruthlessly killed by a Chevy Corsica?). I managed to find pics of this corsica hybrid with a beretta bumper (and no hood?) and it all looks like it fits in nicely, granted i would do a better job cutting it to make it more seamless. The project hasn't started yet, and It may not go full blown Corsica and could even be a Beretta/Corsica Front end Hybrid. I'll figure it all out when I start the project.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Amateur wrote:
mmmmm.....Burrito corsica.....
ROFL!! I don't think you'll be doing any permanent adjustments to the frame. Just go ahead and do it, but keep the Beretta parts for in case you don't like the look and can always switch it back.

As always. PICS or it didn't happen!

Rodville

Post by Rodville »

Amateur wrote:Image

Alan's Beretta looks good in that pic. :good:

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I was thinking the same, lol. I miss that guy.

lolwut

Post by lolwut »

OP- disregard the back 1/3 of the car missing.

My worthless opinion: when you do the swap do something to visually bring the front bumper down a bit more so it doesn't look like it is so high off the ground.

snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

I knew I had seen that once before! Thanks for posting =).

1991 Beretta GTZ
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

lolwut wrote:OP- disregard the back 1/3 of the car missing.

My worthless opinion: when you do the swap do something to visually bring the front bumper down a bit more so it doesn't look like it is so high off the ground.
Oh snap! Alan?? Where have you been, man?

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Just a quick update on my summer project (Project "AERORETTA"). First things first, the Corsica front end swap was scrapped in favor of an all original design by me. The picture shows my project as of today. The nose is made of cardboard right now which i will be using as a plug for fiberglassing the finished product. I will put hardener and bondo tomorrow to smooth it all out followed by the fiberglass application/sanding/painting to finish it out. I know it looks tacky (looking at you cardboard!) but there's a method to my madness. The lower air dam is courtesy of the testarossa kit I managed to get my hands on. I mounted it with bolts in the meantime but they will soon disappear for the sake of making the beretta look sleek. If you notice, I installed the Z26 turn signals and bezel on my base bumper. I installed a set of 15x7 Cromodora rims (made in Italy), that i snagged from Ebay awhile back. I have a set of Sprint lowering springs _1.6" front and back_ and the polyurethane front bushings that will make its way into the beretta down the road.

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

Wow. Well if you do that right I actually like that shape you have going right there.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

now this is interesting. Kinda looks like the original Beretta concept clay model.

2.2H8TA

Post by 2.2H8TA »

Now I'm on board with what your doin'! That corsica thing, sorry to say, would have been a disaster. This looks quite nice, I like the idea of a custom kit. I've seen a beretta around my area that is completly 1 of a kind, every body panel has been redone, and it is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. I bought some 14 inch steelies off this guy a couple months back, cause they had 4 new tires on em' and they were 100 bucks. I should have taken pics, but it wasn't completly finished yet. Good luck on your project, can't wait to see it finished.

1994 AQUA ZED
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

I managed to put on 2 layers of fiberglass for the Aeroretta before bad weather has stalled progress. There are still rough spots that need to be sanded smooth and a 3rd layer to be put on, but its looking pretty good so far. Pics galore: