1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Slinky

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Post by Slinky »

3X00-Modified wrote:It's in their Returns page so you can't really argue it...

"Any defective item must be returned to RevMax freight prepaid and the unit will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of RevMax. Our limited liability warranty covers the torque converter only. Charges associated with labor to remove and replace the item, downtime, rental cars or any other losses associated with the failure of the item are not covered!"
I had the upgraded woven clutches as you know "Good for 400+ ft/lb tq" and you saw how mine lasted.. Im going without tcc lockup this summer again so i can drive it and not deal with revmaxx's bs until the fall since my car is still not back from its 4 month trip to paint SMH

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Was this a full glass removal paint job? door jambs and everything?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Full glass removal, roof replacement ect but no jambs, it finally got sprayed last weekend, he's buffing and finishing it up this weekend finally, in 4 months you would have thought he was building me a car, but it looks great.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

3X00-Modified wrote:I feel like I contacted them once before and they said they don't deal in the FWD market... but I can't find any correspondence on that in my email history. The bigger issue at hand is I just spent $225 to get this converter "rebuilt" and $50 of that was to install their new Woven Carbon lockup clutch. So as much as I just want to contact Jeff's (Engineered Performance) torque converter guys he deals with in GA and have them build me a new one, that would then put me out of $225 currently invested in this one. According to RevMax my converter, even though they JUST rebuilt it, carries no warranty BUT If they "find" an issue with it they will repair it free of charge. This is why I had to pay for return shipping. Honestly that just all sounds contradictory if you ask me, It carries no warranty so I have to pay for shipping but if it is bad they will repair it for free... That sounds like a warranty on the work you did so why the F wouldn't you pick up shipping as well?!

Never mind I see why I went with RevMax and not IPT... they want $900-1200 for a converter, they must do FWD since they have 4t's available as performance transmissions. RevMax was only $250 when I bought it in 2011 and it worked fine then!

PACT does the Raptor transmissions but I'm not finding any transverse stuff on their site yet.. Found only the 4t65e-HD converter, Its a 245mm converter for a 258mm application but they integrated an adapter plate into the converter to allow the smaller version to be used on the 3800 engines. Not sure if that converter can be ordered without the spacer/adapter plate and still work in a 60e or not... I believe mine is a 245mm converter. Either way... RevMax has to fix what I paid for first.
I'm sure I posted those two in a topic years ago aimed toward you. Unless something changed I'd say you more than checked into it. Or you were dead set on another brand at the time. If that was the case it's covered now.
Well, that's all I've got other than the brand that my car has. Somewhere in my "new car" topic it's listed.
Yeah I'd hit up RevMax too, bought a TB for the Cav that has not shown up yet. That is $250 that may be gone, damn these jerks!

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Ok I owe an update to this since my last post was very heated...

I sent the converter in and they cut it apart. Upon inspection he found nothing that indicated the clutch was slipping, so he told me to call him. Had a very lengthy conversation with him regarding the converter. After explaining how long it was running in slipping condition he then understood why there was no indication of wear or abuse. He didn't realize I had pulled it after 15 miles of driving realizing it was slipping. Also seeing how I have swapped in another converter and it works perfectly fine he is respecting my abilities and knowledge with how I explained everything and taking my word for it that it did not work. Upon that statement I asked him what do we do now. After some more discussion we came to the conclusion that I would scavenge my old stock type converters for a good core an send it down to them so they can build me a completely new converter. He doesn't want to re-use anything from the old one because even tho it all measures up correctly it still wasn't working. We settled on me paying for shipping for the converter to go there and come back and that's it.

SO in conclusion RevMax is working with me to sort out this issue but unfortunately we don't know what actually caused it leaving it an open ended book... I mean the new core could come back and work perfectly fine as my first converter from them did and we would have no explanation as to why the other one wasn't, OR it could come back and do exactly the same thing which would mean there is something they are doing or measuring that is not right for my trans causing it to not work. Also I do not think I will be swapping this replacement into the car since I don't think it will be done till mid week, which is then still 3 days to come back so I won't have it till mid next week... Not up for a converter swap 5 days before driving to MS... Especially when the one that's in there is just fine for road trips. I just took the car to NJ over the weekend and it ran great.

In other updates, Found a major issue in my tune which I fixed regarding the Injector flow rate... I honestly should have checked that when I started but I couldn't remember what I was running last year, It ended up being the 32# injectors with a fuel pressure of 60-62PSI at WOT which actually changes them to 38# injectors. So my IFR in my bin was set to low resulting in me having to compensate for lack of fuel with the other tables. That gave my car a hard start as well as issues regaining idle when stopping. In addition to that I had a MAF sensor that was failing almost every start when cold so I swapped it for a second one I had floating around and that made a very big improvement, I also pulled the Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator for now since I wasn't sure what was causing my hard starts. Seeing how I have that sorted out now I may try to swap back to that and see if it starts better, or the same. I honestly like the aftermarket regulator better for consistent pressure as well as aux ports that I can use to tap the nitrous onto as well as the fuel pressure gauge.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Yeah im wondering what im also going to do in the future, hopefully your reman from Revmaxx works out.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The more I drive this car the more I'm realizing it is quite a bit more powerful off the bottle, or at least feels that way to me, than the previous motor... if this is in fact true this would be great. I'd love to be in the 13's n/a again.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

That would put the power of pink fear back into people again. Even a snowmobile can have NOS, just not a very big shot(LOL). I'm a big fan of more engine than NOS power.
Use to be an late 80's Stang around here that had a shot power higher than what the engine made. Seemed so worthless in a way.

keep'em flying!
Money pit Beretta

Just so you know your car is high on the list of my most respected cars here. One of the highest is now becoming a V8 so Pinky has moved up in the OEM builds.

keep'em flying!
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:The more I drive this car the more I'm realizing it is quite a bit more powerful off the bottle, or at least feels that way to me, than the previous motor... if this is in fact true this would be great. I'd love to be in the 13's n/a again.
Would reconsidering the brake system be on the table? You had mentioned the additional increase in brakes rotating mass was a big factor, then went to a smaller (still much larger than factory) brake upgrade for faster times.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

We will see what it turns for times now... If I'm comfortably in the 13's then yes maybe I'll revisit the F-body Vette brake setup. But for right now the Extreme pads I just put on stop the thing quite well... I can only complain that the rear's don't see as much pressure but that will be resolved after MS when I get the master cylinder for the 4 wheel disc Monte.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

what year/style master you need from regarding the monte? I have some inventory or monte parts on hand.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

1995 Monte Carlo with ABS and 4 wheel disc... I think there may have been a disc drum option... or at least Rock Auto leads you to believe that with how many cylinders you can choose for that car.

Looks like AcDelco PN's 18021217 or 19209209

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

2000+ will not work?

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

1988GTU wrote:2000+ will not work?
That cylinder says 95-99... the 2000+ I don't think is setup to have the ABS module bolted to the master itself and they had it mounted on the wheel well separately.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"